• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Peanut butter and raisin recipes?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
@ChristineM

You just reminded me that we also
have 30 small boxes of raisins and no one here even eats raisins.

5 of them are 16oz and the last one is 28 oz
Cool. You could probably get some chocolate and then make some peanut butter fudge and chocolate fudge and have a bake sell thingy to bring in money for the home if you need to get rid of all that peanut butter before it goes bad.

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic ☿
Premium Member
Peanut butter, apple, and raisin open-faced sandwich.

(Spread peanut butter on crusty bread, add sliced apples, sprinkle with some raisins, and dust with a bit of cinnamin.)

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Soon as I find the recipes I'll have an excuse to get them synced to a cloud cookbook and just have them.
I know it's milk, sugar, peanut butter and vanilla (I highly recommend the real stuff but it is costly) and probably butter (again, real thing, never skimp on it or cut it out, damn the blasphemous anti-butter heathens!), but I don't remember how much of each.
And unless you have a very good candy thermometer it's best to not use one and instead to a bit of the sugary liquid in ice water (and even then many people don't use one at all). Other than that a big pot, metal spoon, amd a tray to pour in it (I use a cookie sheet) is all you really need to make it.
And reading this thread, while I'm pretty hungry, had me thinking of peanut butter stuff to make. I even had the idea for a peanut butter gravy and going over what spices and peppers would be good in it and what kind of dishes it would be good in. I'm thinking it might be a very wild twist with fried chicken and mashed potatoes, biscuits and sausage gravy, and a pot roast.
Or some peanut butter sauce on a heap of rice, peppers and some lightly fried chicken. Or may just boil some noodles with a blend of spices and mix that in the sauce?
Maybe pancakes with melted peanut butter added to the batter?
There are recipes for peanut butter smoothies and shakes.
Mostly I just smear it on bread and put it on crackers. I like peanut butter (love it when it's fresh ground with just peanuts), but it's not something I've cooked with much.
I suppose you probably can, to a degree, substitute oil in recipes with peanut butter (much like how you can replace the eggs and oil in a cake with Miracle Whip), so that might be a starting place to open up some doors working in to more recipes.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
We have 6 jars of peanut butter but group home staff never uses any peanut butter for any meals for some reason... I don't know why one the staff keeps bringing peanut butter for the home but we got tons of it. Anyone know any good easy and cheap recipes using peanut butter?

Edit: anyone know any good recipes using raisins as well? Christine over here reminded me we have 30 small boxes of those...
If I understand correctly, your "group home" hosts people from different families/environments/backgrounds. There is always a significant danger of nut allergies in such situations, especially when nuts and nut butters are used in cooking in communal areas like kitchens.

I think some care is needed when using nut products in such situations.

VoidCat

Pronouns: he/him/they/them
If I understand correctly, your "group home" hosts people from different families/environments/backgrounds. There is always a significant danger of nut allergies in such situations, especially when nuts and nut butters are used in cooking in communal areas like kitchens.

None the folk have peanut allergies.

I'll be sure tho to make sure I know folks allergies to make anything

VoidCat

I checked. Staff said no one has any food allergies that anyone knows of

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
I checked. Staff said no one has any food allergies that anyone knows of
Glad you checked. At home, where we know all about each other, we don't worry about such things. In group settings, I just think it needs a little more attention. People's safety is important!

Thank you.

VoidCat

Glad you checked. At home, where we know all about each other, we don't worry about such things. In group settings, I just think it needs a little more attention. People's safety is important!

Thank you.
I've checked in the past but never hurts to check again just in case someone developed one or some medical need arose that a doctor might say they can't have something even tho they ain't allergic