• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Peachy Basil Chicken

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
PeachyChicken.jpg

I told Willamena that I would post this a few days ago. Please forgive my tardiness on posting this up, Patty. (No doubt you will have to get more juicy peaches. Enjoy!)

Peachy Basil Chicken
Rating: 100 out of 10 with an additional star for excellence!

2 tbsp (30ml) butter
4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
2 large peaches
¼ cup (50ml) orange juice
½ tsp (2ml) salt
¼ to ½ tsp (1 to 2 ml) cayenne
¼ cup (50 ml) shredded fresh basil

1. Melt butter in a large, non-stick frying pan over medium heat. When butter is bubbly, add chicken and cook, uncovered, until lightly golden, about 4 minutes per side. Meanwhile, peel peaches, only if you wish, then slice into thick wedges.

2. Once chicken is golden, add peaches and orange juice. Sprinkle with salt and cayenne. Turn chicken to coat. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cover and simmer, turning occasionally, until chicken feels springy when pressed (6 to 8 minutes). Remove from heat. Taste and stir in remaining cayenne, if needed. Sprinkle with basil. Serves four.

Options:

At the end of cooking, stir in any (or all) of these:

- Chopped, roasted red pepper
- Chopped, pitted black olives
- Baby spinach
- Chopped, seeded, jalapenos

Then sprinkle with one of the following toppings:

- Crumbled feta or goat cheese
- Thinly sliced green onions
- Pinches of dried dill weed
- Toasted coconut or almonds

Nutrients per serving: 31g protein, 8g fat, 7.9 carbohydrates, 17mg calcium, 1.3g fibre: 232 calories.
(Source: Chatelane Magazine, date unknown)

PS: I hope you don't mind the liberties I took with your current avatar in the lower left of the picture. Hehe. I had to put my glasses on just to see the freaking cutlery, lol. So... small...

Last edited:

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
All my favourite ingredients, too! Thanks, Paul.

PS: I hope you don't mind the liberties I took with your current avatar in the lower left of the picture. Hehe. I had to put my glasses on just to see the freaking cutlery, lol. So... small...
The more I learn, it seems, the less "I" am. ;)

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
Oh my God that looks good!!! Never heard of it..But I have fresh peaches and chicken..Im gonna try it too...

Love

Dallas