• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Peace or intolerance?

jeager106

Learning more about Jehovah.
Premium Member
Islam is not a religion of peace. Islam is a religion of intolerance.

Islam certainly give the appearnce of being intolerant of cartoons in a French magazine.
That magzine poked fun at everyone, from Obama to the Pope, Catholics to Islam and all inbetween. The French loved the magazine as tho they were reading the comics in the Suday papers.
Radical islamic gunman enforced sharia law which calls for death to anyone making sport of the religion or any person that represents islam.
They will enforce sharia law in any country no matter the laws of that country.
Sharia law comes first above all laws of other nations.
As a police officer I was told by 3 muslim men that "my laws" mean nothing to a muslim, that sharia superceeds all other laws.
Then those 3 went out and shot 3 local blacks for some perceived offense then disappeared into the muslim community where they got help to get out of the country.

K.Venugopal

Immobile Wanderer
Satirists, cartoonists etc. can thrive only in a democratic environment of freedom of expression.. Unfortunately Islam is not a democratic entity.

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
Islam is not a religion of peace. Islam is a religion of intolerance.

A faith that has existed for at least 1400 years, presently has almost 2 billion followers and based on no evidence, is intolerant.
Not even a genius could come up with that. You've outdone yourself K.Venugopal.

Servant_of_the_One1

If islam was intolerant religion, the jews and christians under muslim rule(when islamic dynasties ruled middle east)would be destroyed and lots of genocides would occur.
But fact is that islam came as a savior religion relieving christians and jews from tyrannical persians/romans. The jews and christians were happy with the arrival of Amir al mumineen Umar ibn Al Khattab(Hero of Islam) radiyallah anhu to Jerusalem, relieving them from Roman Byzantine oppression.

And the Indus were happy with the arrival of the truth, alhamdulilah. The truth came and falsehood vanished.

Reza02

A Muslim young
Or you could pick up a history book.
Why do you think the Middle East-North Africa is mostly Islamic? Do you think that they were peacefully converted?
So answer me.
Why the Europe is mostly Christian?
Why about all of Russia and China are Comonists?
So if a Religion has a lot of religionists it is not peacefull?

Ultimatum

Classical Liberal
So answer me.
1.Why the Europe is mostly Christian?
2.Why about all of Russia and China are Comonists?
3.So if a Religion has a lot of religionists it is not peacefull?

What does this have to do with picking up a history book? All I see are irrelevant and dismissive questions.
1. European countries are not forced to be Christian countries. Also, European countries are, increasingly and thankfully, becoming more and more secular.
2.Communism is not a religion.
3. Of course not.

FunctionalAtheist

Hammer of Reason
If islam was intolerant religion, the jews and christians under muslim rule(when islamic dynasties ruled middle east)would be destroyed and lots of genocides would occur.
But fact is that islam came as a savior religion relieving christians and jews from tyrannical persians/romans. The jews and christians were happy with the arrival of Amir al mumineen Umar ibn Al Khattab(Hero of Islam) radiyallah anhu to Jerusalem, relieving them from Roman Byzantine oppression.

And the Indus were happy with the arrival of the truth, alhamdulilah. The truth came and falsehood vanished.
Then why does quran say war on people of the book till they submit to superiority?

FunctionalAtheist

Hammer of Reason
So answer me.
Why the Europe is mostly Christian?
Why about all of Russia and China are Comonists?
So if a Religion has a lot of religionists it is not peacefull?
That's a pretty good comparison. You are correct, christianity was as violent as islam. But xtinity has been beaten into submission by freethinkers. Many muslims are thinking for themselves these days and finding freedom from outdated failed theology of mohamed.

The current islamist revival is a reaction to the fact that fundamental islam is a thing of the past. In 100 years there will be very few fundamental islamist, like there are few fundamental christians now. And they will not carry out many terrorist actions. They will carry signs, and shout hatred and anger, and burn books, AND HIDE BEHIND FREEDOM OF SPEECH TO DO IT because when that time comes they will no longer be able to pretend they are anything other than dinosaurs.

There is no place in this small world for religion that believes in killing.

You are the weakest link. Goodby!

Reza02

A Muslim young
That's a pretty good comparison. You are correct, christianity was as violent as islam. But xtinity has been beaten into submission by freethinkers. Many muslims are thinking for themselves these days and finding freedom from outdated failed theology of mohamed.

The current islamist revival is a reaction to the fact that fundamental islam is a thing of the past. In 100 years there will be very few fundamental islamist, like there are few fundamental christians now. And they will not carry out many terrorist actions. They will carry signs, and shout hatred and anger, and burn books, AND HIDE BEHIND FREEDOM OF SPEECH TO DO IT because when that time comes they will no longer be able to pretend they are anything other than dinosaurs.

There is no place in this small world for religion that believes in killing.

You are the weakest link. Goodby!

I think we need religions because we are finite and only God is infinite.
So if we have technology, we need to a better technology for better life and only God has all of knowledge.
We need to religions because we will be dead.
If we dead what event will be happened for us?
We need religions to answer this question even we have modern technology.

course Islam don't belives killing civilians. I said and I will say "ISIS IS NOT ISLAM AND ISIS TERRORISTS ARE NOT MUSLIMS"

Reza02

A Muslim young
1. European countries are not forced to be Christian countries. Also, European countries are, increasingly and thankfully, becoming more and more secular.

Between 600 and 800 AD some battles happened between Arabia and some contries. But most people accepted Islam peacefully like Iran.
Before Arabian invasions Iranian people were fireworshippers. Local governers were ingrating peoples and administraction was religional. So when they knew Islam they accepted it easily.

I exemplificated Iran because I read some books about it and I sure another contries have similiar history.

Excuse me if I had some mistakes in English

FunctionalAtheist

Hammer of Reason
I think we need religions because we are finite and only God is infinite.
So if we have technology, we need to a better technology for better life and only God has all of knowledge.
We need to religions because we will be dead.
If we dead what event will be happened for us?
We need religions to answer this question even we have modern technology.

course Islam don't belives killing civilians. I said and I will say "ISIS IS NOT ISLAM AND ISIS TERRORISTS ARE NOT MUSLIMS"
I respect your belief. I believe we do not need religions. We need to listen to heart and mind and love. What we do on earth is to be most good on earth.

When we have religion, people disagree on what god wants. Ok, but then they fight and kill. So is we all do what is good in heart and mind, when we die, what god will turn us away?

FunctionalAtheist

Hammer of Reason
Between 600 and 800 AD some battles happened between Arabia and some contries. But most people accepted Islam peacefully like Iran.
Before Arabian invasions Iranian people were fireworshippers. Local governers were ingrating peoples and administraction was religional. So when they knew Islam they accepted it easily.

I exemplificated Iran because I read some books about it and I sure another contries have similiar history.

Excuse me if I had some mistakes in English
Please read this Muslim conquest of Persia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Islam came to Iran through war, not peace.