• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

peace is not necessarily the absence of war

Electra

I caught my self chanting 'it's ok, it's ok'... stopped... why am i in denial about how things feel, falling into some new age nuance simplification that i must focuse on the 'good' things to receive more 'good' things.
i let myself bawl and cry and felt what i was feeling

over the past few months i have had a repulsion to 'peace' , visiting it every now and then,

then i heard while watching an episode of Buzz Saw , "peace is not necessary the absence of war"...
i have been having an aversion to a bastardised version of 'peace' a 'love and light' version

peace is accepting everything AS IS (while moving forward) ((peace is to be aware of what is, and not be in denial))

of cause i want to grow and change but there is only so much you can do at once, and accepting that things are the way they are and that is okay, I DO NOT have to be happy with it, i do not have to convince myself 'it is ok' i have to be okay with it not being okay...

i am at peace with being at war

what is peace to you?
stories?

Mel B

what is peace to you?

I like this
“If there is to be peace in the world,
There must be peace in the nations.
If there is to be peace in the nations,
There must be peace in the cities.
If there is to be peace in the cities,
There must be peace between neighbors.
If there is to be peace between neighbors,
There must be peace in the home.
If there is to be peace in the home,
There must be peace in the heart.”
~Lao Tzu

danieldemol

Premium Member
I like this
“If there is to be peace in the world,
There must be peace in the nations.
If there is to be peace in the nations,
There must be peace in the cities.
If there is to be peace in the cities,
There must be peace between neighbors.
If there is to be peace between neighbors,
There must be peace in the home.
If there is to be peace in the home,
There must be peace in the heart.”
~Lao Tzu
Welcome to the forums Mel :)

Tumah

Veteran Member
I caught my self chanting 'it's ok, it's ok'... stopped... why am i in denial about how things feel, falling into some new age nuance simplification that i must focuse on the 'good' things to receive more 'good' things.

over the past few months i have had a repulsion to 'peace' , visiting it every now and then,

then i heard while watching an episode of Buzz Saw , "peace is not necessary the absence of war"...
i have been having an aversion to a bastardised version of 'peace' a 'love and light' version

peace is accepting everything AS IS (while moving forward) ((peace is to be aware of what is, and not be in denial))

of cause i want to grow and change but there is only so much you can do at once, and accepting that things are the way they are and that is okay, I DO NOT have to be happy with it, i do not have to convince myself 'it is ok' i have to be okay with it not being okay...

what is peace to you?
stories?
I don't think that you have proved that peace is not being at war. I think you've identified that there are different areas of reality where peace/war duality plays out. For instance, here you've identified that you no longer struggle internally - some would say you're no longer at war with yourself - about external wars.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

what is peace to you?
stories?
Peace to me is stability. It's not forever, yet it will still always come around time and again.

Electra

I don't think that you have proved that peace is not being at war. I think you've identified that there are different areas of reality where peace/war duality plays out. For instance, here you've identified that you no longer struggle internally - some would say you're no longer at war with yourself - about external wars.

i am not trying to prove anything.

i was suggesting that war and peace can exist together

Tumah

Veteran Member

I'm sorry for the bad phrasing. I am saying that your suggestion doesn't show that war and peace can exist together as the war and peace that you describe are occurring in separate environments, one internal and one external. The idea that "peace is not necessarily the absence of war" is not established from your example, because in their respective environments, there is only one or the other.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV

Once I did a very long (12 hour) ayuasca ceremony in a church. While wonderful Portuguese hymns were sung an immense rage came out of me. It lasted for 6 hours. I was sitting in my chair and witnessing the rage as watching an action movie. Wow incredible so much anger. So in a way I was at peace, while at the same time rage was released

I did not utter a word, just witnessing the rage flooding me. And it worked miracles. There was a woman I kind of hated, because she had been mean to me a lot. After this I was in love again. Of course smart enough not to act on it. But the hate was totally gone out of my system

Since that experience I welcome the feeling of anger and hate. The more the better. At least I feel nice and warm when it happens.

Electra

I'm sorry for the bad phrasing. I am saying that your suggestion doesn't show that war and peace can exist together as the war and peace that you describe are occurring in separate environments, one internal and one external. The idea that "peace is not necessarily the absence of war" is not established from your example, because in their respective environments, there is only one or the other.

i can see were your coming from

damn i think you might be right in a way

although, allowing myself to be at war internally gave me peace

so they are both there internally but it's like the acceptance of war blunted the swords sting

but yes this is a big concept and we must explore further

now i will ponder further on an 'external' level

Electra

Once I did a very long (12 hour) ayuasca ceremony in a church. While wonderful Portuguese hymns were sung an immense rage came out of me. It lasted for 6 hours. I was sitting in my chair and witnessing the rage as watching an action movie. Wow incredible so much anger. So in a way I was at peace, while at the same time rage was released

I did not utter a word, just witnessing the rage flooding me. And it worked miracles. There was a woman I kind of hated, because she had been mean to me a lot. After this I was in love again. Of course smart enough not to act on it. But the hate was totally gone out of my system

Since that experience I welcome the feeling of anger and hate. The more the better. At least I feel nice and warm when it happens.

fantastic :)