• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Peace and security

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
1 Corinthians 2:16 "For who has known the mind of the Lord that he may instruct him?" But we have the mind of Christ."

We KNOW that they who are doing those things are not loving Yahweh with the whole heart nor are they loving their neighbor. We know that. It is a fact. We are not equal to God to know what Yahweh loves or what Yahweh hates. So why not keep it simple?

kjw47

Were the apostles submissive to 'Caesar' ?
When there was conflict between 'Caesar's law and God's law, then the apostles chose to obey God as ruler rather than men. [ Acts 5 v 29 ]

In other words, submission to God is to be absolute, and submission to man's authority is in a relative position to God's absolute position.

I had meant that the teachers, that an individual is being submissive to will be giving an account of the one they are teaching. Yes you are correct 100% always obey God over men.

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
What gave you that impression?
There are scriptures that relate the message of God's hate.

Proverbs 6:16-19

16 There are six things that the Lord hates,
seven that are an abomination to him:
17 haughty eyes, a lying tongue,
and hands that shed innocent blood,
18 a heart that devises wicked plans,
feet that make haste to run to evil,
19 a false witness who breathes out lies,
and one who sows discord among brothers.

Psalm 11:5 The LORD trieth the righteous: but the wicked and him that loveth violence his soul hateth.
Hate isn't the antithesis of love. Ambivalence is the antithesis of love.

jtartar

There are many people who say 1 Thessalonians 5:3 is a prophesy where nations are described as those who say "peace and security" and when they say that, suddenly destruction will arrive upon them.

The similar word 'to say' is also used at Mark 7:36 and Mark 8:30
Jesus commanded them not to tell anyone. But the more he did so, the more they kept talking about it 3:36
Jesus warned them not to tell anyone about him Mark 8:30

Couple it with 'coming on the basis of my name' Luke 21:8 He replied: "Watch out that you are not deceived. For many will come in my name, claiming, 'I am he,' and, 'The time is near.' Do not follow them
In my name is 'on the basis of my name'
It does not mean those who are in place of him calling themselves him. It means the people who believe they are for him saying he is the one to trust in. Strong's 1510 Definition: I am, exist.

Matthew 7:22 Many will say to me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and in your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?

The same people are they in 21:8 and 7:22 and I want to say also in 1 Thessalonians 5:3

I will break it down again (I have done this before)
When they will be saying (it is ongoing and NOT an announcement) peace and security (it is with us who are with Jesus-that is what they say. I think no one can say they don't say that) Can you? Then destruction will unexpectantly (not time wise like sudden but present and unknown) will be beside them, not upon them and they will not flee.

what do you think?

savagewind,
I perdeive that you are doing much studying of your scriptures.
Please allow me to explain something to you which only a few people understand.
Those words written by Paul at 1Thes 5:3 are for the time of the end.
Go to the book of Rev 17th chapter. Here we find John recording some strange things, a seven headed wild beast with a woman sitting on top, called a Harlot, and names Babylon the Great, the Mother of the Harlots and of the abominations of the earth. It is extremely important that you understand exactly who this Great Harlot and Her daughters are. Babylon the Great is the World Empire of False Religion.
First think about this; the world is divided up into three great entities, Politics, Commerce, and Religion. The Kings of the earth mentioned at verse 2 is Politics, being whatever the head of each government is, Presidents, Prime Ministerts, Dictators, or whatever they are called.
Consider the discription of Babylon, riding on the back of the beast, the beast is all the governments on earth, with the head being whichever government is the world empire at the time. The reason for seven heads is; there have been seven nations that had dealings with God's people in the Bible, Egypt, Assyria, Babylon, Meads and Persions, Greece, Rome and the United States and Britian. Religion has always tried to ride on the back of politics in order to keep her power and the Kings had committed adultery with her because Religion and Politics should not have relations with each other. Jesus said : My Kingdom is no part of this world!! The beasts mentioned have received their power and authority from the Dragon, Satan the Devil.
Notice that this Harlot is dressed in royal dress, and that she is drunk with the blood of the people of God. Religion has always been the ones who persecuted God's people, and the daughters of the Harlot are all the many different religions throughout the earth. Can you think of anything that is more of abominations than all these false religions who are teaching different things not found in the Holy Bible.
If you look at Rev 17:15-18, you will see that the beast attacks Babylon the Grteat and destroys her completely. This beast that attacks Babylon at this time will be The United Nations, who will be given power by the ten Kings, making up all the governments on earth. Babylon the Great is false religion, the one causing most of the problems on earth. This is why the UN will attack and destroy Her.
After she is destroyed the U.N. will then say: Peace and Security.
Then the U. N. will attack true religion, and then instant destruction will be on the ones who try to destroy God's people. This will bring on Armageddon, Rev 19:11-21.
More about Babylon The Great and the Kings of the earth are mentioned in the whole chapter 18, of Revelation. Three entities are mentioned. Babylon is destroyed.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Who do you say her daughters are?

Ancient Babylon practiced false religion. Those non-biblical false religious practices became spread world wide into a 'greater religious Babylon' or 'Babylon the Great'.
Since the Babylonian harlot practices false religious practices, then those who are her practicing 'daughters' would be the symbolic 'daughter of a strange or foreign false god'.
- Malachi 2 v 11

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Ancient Babylon practiced false religion. Those non-biblical false religious practices became spread world wide into a 'greater religious Babylon' or 'Babylon the Great'.
Since the Babylonian harlot practices false religious practices, then those who are her practicing 'daughters' would be the symbolic 'daughter of a strange or foreign false god'.
- Malachi 2 v 11

jtartar says "it is extremely important I know what Babylon and her daughters are" Do you think jtartar meant it's extremely important to know what Babylon the Great is? I wonder if adding "and her daughters" was a mistake? I don't understand your answer URAVIP2ME. I'm sorry. Is Babylon the Great what is considered false religion overall and the practices of it are considered her daughters?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I once had the theory that the daughters of Babylon the Great were the organized false religious institutions in the world. Now I don't really care what it is. Then jtartar posted that it is extremely important to know. I don't know.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
savagewind,
After she is destroyed the U.N. will then say: Peace and Security.
Then the U. N. will attack true religion, and then instant destruction will be on the ones who try to destroy God's people. This will bring on Armageddon, Rev 19:11-21.
More about Babylon The Great and the Kings of the earth are mentioned in the whole chapter 18, of Revelation. Three entities are mentioned. Babylon is destroyed.

Please notice at 1st Thess. 5 vs 2,3 isn't it 'before' and not after ?

When 'they' [the powers-that-be ] are saying 'Peace and Security' or 'Peace and Safety', then destruction comes. Destruction first to those playing false to Christ.
That cry of Peace is a precursor to the coming great tribulation [ Rev. 7 v 14 ]
First, false Christendom is attacked, then the rest of ''Babylon the Great'
[which is represented by the world's symbolic false religious 'queen' of Rev. 18 vs 7,9].
Then, the political 'kings' will see only true Christians left thinking they can also destroy them, but before they can do that they will find it's the words from Jesus' mouth that will destroy them.
-Isaiah 11 vs 3,4; Rev. 19 vs 11,15
Then, Jesus, as Prince of Peace, will usher in global Peace on Earth among men of goodwill.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
jtartar says "it is extremely important I know what Babylon and her daughters are" Do you think jtartar meant it's extremely important to know what Babylon the Great is? I wonder if adding "and her daughters" was a mistake? I don't understand your answer URAVIP2ME. I'm sorry. Is Babylon the Great what is considered false religion overall and the practices of it are considered her daughters?

We hear the expression 'a chip off the old block' as meaning like father like son, or like mother like daughter. I know of no 'daughter' mentioned in Revelation, but the female false worshipers at Malachi [2 v 11] are referred to as daughters.

If we trace mankind's religious family tree back to its roots in ancient Babylon there we find false religious practices. As the people migrated from that area they took with them their false religious ideas and concepts and spread them world wide into a greater religious Babylon, or termed as 'Babylon the Great' which are all the world's groups of false religions including Christendom [so-called Christian in name only ].

That is why today we see overlapping similarities in the world's religious groups.
A religious syncretism that mixes biblical with non-biblical but taught as Scripture.
Only the first-century teachings of Jesus is biblical Christianity.
Jesus forewarned us about the rest in Matthew chapter 7.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I think it is true that the cry of "peace and security" can be earth shaking only if more than a small few people believe it. Most people when they hear "peace and security" will think go ahead fool yourself, your not fooling me.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
I think it is true that the cry of "peace and security" can be earth shaking only if more than a small few people believe it. Most people when they hear "peace and security" will think go ahead fool yourself, your not fooling me.

You make a good point because Jeremiah [ 6 v 14; 8 v 11 ] does teach us that the time will come when people will be saying, 'Peace, Peace when there is no peace'.

Apparently the stating of coming 'Peace' at 1st Thess. 5 vs 2,3 will look rosy to many.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I just want to say that it is something I see happening now. If it is now it can't be "coming". It reminds me of the warning at Matthew 24:39 and they were unaware until the flood came and swept them all away, so will be the presence of the Son of Man

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
I just want to say that it is something I see happening now. If it is now it can't be "coming". It reminds me of the warning at Matthew 24:39 and they were unaware until the flood came and swept them all away, so will be the presence of the Son of Man

Another good point about not being aware.
But it's the 'harvest time' or 'time of separation' of Matthew [25 vs 31,32] that has Not yet arrived. The genuine 'wheat' Christians are still growing among the fake 'weed/tares'.
The humble meek 'sheep' are still among the haughty 'goats'.

The 'good news of God's kingdom' is still being proclaimed on an international scale today [Matthew 24 v 14; Acts 1 v 8 ], and will continue til the time of the great tribulation - [ Rev. 7 v 14 ].

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Another good point about not being aware.
But it's the 'harvest time' or 'time of separation' of Matthew [25 vs 31,32] that has Not yet arrived. The genuine 'wheat' Christians are still growing among the fake 'weed/tares'.
The humble meek 'sheep' are still among the haughty 'goats'.

The 'good news of God's kingdom' is still being proclaimed on an international scale today [Matthew 24 v 14; Acts 1 v 8 ], and will continue til the time of the great tribulation - [ Rev. 7 v 14 ].

This is what I have gathered:
The time of separation is not measured by man's measurement. It has happened since the beginning of man. Sheep are those for God's will be done. There can be haughty sheep imo. There have been many faithful ones considered sheep in God's eyes even before Christ. They are FOR LIFE. It has been interpreted as they GET life, but I think that is not what it means.

Not all goats are haughty. Goats picture anyone who goes against the will of God by following falsely contrived stories or out of fear. They are pictured at Christ's left hand and they are for destruction. Again it does not mean they absolutely will be destroyed. They are not for life so they are for the opposite of life (see that they are at Christ's hand).

Wheat and weeds do not picture people. They picture what we let grow in our minds. You see how weeds can choke wheat? People cannot choke people. Ideas can.

The great tribulation pictures all the events of wayward man starting with the tribulation of "Cain". Or the personage called Cain. Genesis 4:11-15
11 Now you are under a curse and driven from the ground, which opened its mouth to receive your brother’s blood from your hand. 12 When you work the ground, it will no longer yield its crops for you. You will be a restless wanderer on the earth.”

13 Cain said to the Lord, “My punishment is more than I can bear. 14 Today you are driving me from the land, and I will be hidden from your presence; I will be a restless wanderer on the earth, and whoever finds me will kill me.”

15 But the Lord said to him, “Not so[a]; anyone who kills Cain will suffer vengeance seven times over.” Then the Lord put a mark on Cain so that no one who found him would kill him.

Last edited: