• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Paul..fake liar or apostle?

astarath

Can a man preching the Law is a curse truly be an apostle of Yaheshua who taught the Law followed the law and he himself was the fulfillment of that law. Therefore is Paul states that the Law is itself a curse and Yaheshua is the fullfillment of the law does that mean that Paul sees Christ's coming as a curse, truly a contradiction of this nature an accusation towards the character of Yaheshua would logically in my mind indicate that Paul was not receiving his mission from Christ and therefore is a fake a liar and definitely least of all apostle of the lord and his gospel.

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
astarath said:
Can a man preching the Law is a curse truly be an apostle of Yaheshua who taught the Law followed the law and he himself was the fulfillment of that law. Therefore is Paul states that the Law is itself a curse and Yaheshua is the fullfillment of the law does that mean that Paul sees Christ's coming as a curse, truly a contradiction of this nature an accusation towards the character of Yaheshua would logically in my mind indicate that Paul was not receiving his mission from Christ and therefore is a fake a liar and definitely least of all apostle of the lord and his gospel.

Which book and chapter are you taking this from ? Ephesians, Romans, or Galatians ? (or am I on the wrong track anyway ?)

astarath

michel said:
Which book and chapter are you taking this from ? Ephesians, Romans, or Galatians ? (or am I on the wrong track anyway ?)

The bit about the curse of the law comes from galatians,however you are correct in assuming that the specific passage or book is rather inconsequential. All that needs to be known is Paul's stance concerning the law. There are other instances in which Paul lies or breaks the commandments of Yaheshua but the attack on the law is the most important.

Booko

Deviled Hen
Is that an attack on the Law, or an recognition of the idea that Jesus abrogated at least some of it?

astarath

Paul's statements do not fall short in making it very clear that the law is a curse those who follow it are cursed and the curse will damn them. Puzzling enough the other apostles all adhered to the law, christ fullfilled the law he did not diminish it read matt 5:17-19

astarath

For additional proofs refer to Romans and read the story of Paul's encounter on the road to damascus all 3 different versions. Then tell me where you stand,for the christ warned us that we would no them by their fruit and man i smell a rotten apple

lunamoth

Will to love
astarath said:
For additional proofs refer to Romans and read the story of Paul's encounter on the road to damascus all 3 different versions. Then tell me where you stand,for the christ warned us that we would no them by their fruit and man i smell a rotten apple

My opinion is that you are thinking way too literally.

Paul preached the same Gospel of love that Jesus did. Sure, he had a few human hang-ups, but don't we all? :)

astarath

Paul lies, manipulates,condemns the law,claims himself "ABBA", speaks his lessons through his own lips not through God's

As seen in the other thread Christ warned us of people such as these, I come by the name of the lord and you condemn me, But those who come in their own name. him you will accept

Paul's sole purpose in the bible is a test. To see how well you have understood the message of Yaheshua. For Paul is a contradiction to Yaheshua, Man can serve God alone there is no room for the Liar

lunamoth

Will to love
astarath said:
As seen in the other thread Christ warned us of people such as these, I come by the name of the lord and you condemn me, But those who come in their own name. him you will accept

Uh, where did I condemn you? I think my words were: "if your path leads you to love God and neighbor, then more power to you."

Have a nice day. :)

astarath

No my apologies Lunamoth i was actually quoting the Yaheshua. He said that line while speaking tothe pharisees my apologies i forget to enter the scriptue passage

astarath

As well for those who are current with info concerning the dead sea scrolls not the repeated referral to the liar? Paul i think so

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
astarath said:

I think Paul is referring to the law of man. I think "law" is used in a very earthly sense here.

astarath

Actually the context in which it is used is specefically in galatians and he is referring to the Law of Moses and the curse of circumcision

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
astarath said:
Paul's statements do not fall short in making it very clear that the law is a curse those who follow it are cursed and the curse will damn them. Puzzling enough the other apostles all adhered to the law, christ fullfilled the law he did not diminish it read matt 5:17-19

The cursed law that Paul is referring to are the laws of sin and death.

Romans 8:1-2 (NKJV)

"There is therefore no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit. For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death."

And for the record, this is PAUL speaking.

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
astarath said:
Actually the context in which it is used is specefically in galatians and he is referring to the Law of Moses and the curse of circumcision

It would be helpful if you'd quote text.

Further, Christians are not bound by the OT laws. We're bound to Christ.

astarath

Galatians 2-5 is Pauls specific damnation of the Law of Abram and Moses. The exact same law christ claims to be the fullfillment of in Matt 5:17-19

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
astarath said:
Galatians 2-5 is Pauls specific damnation of the Law of Abram and Moses. The exact same law christ claims to be the fullfillment of in Matt 5:17-19

Christ is not one and the same w/ the laws of Abram and Moses. God gave those laws to govern people in a time BEFORE Christ Jesus.

Christ is the ultimate fulfillment of the law because He freed us from the laws of sin and death. The damnation referenced is the inevitability that when one is not in Christ...they are subject to the laws of SIN and DEATH, as I've quoted in scripture in a previous post.

Check out Romans 8:1-2.