• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Passion of a Goddess

Hema

Sweet n Spicy
I have always seen God as having male and female qualities. However, I don't see why the woman's breasts are exposed. That was unnecessary. In Christ's days, did women walk around topless? Out of respect to Christ and to women, her breasts should have been covered. Jesus did not have breasts so he did not need his chest to be covered but breasts are private parts of a woman.

David40

Hema said:
I have always seen God as having male and female qualities. However, I don't see why the woman's breasts are exposed. That was unnecessary. In Christ's days, did women walk around topless? Out of respect to Christ and to women, her breasts should have been covered. Jesus did not have breasts so he did not need his chest to be covered but breasts are private parts of a woman.

I'm not sure. I think the passionofagoddess site is based in Europe where female toplessness does not seem to be any more of an issue than male toplessness.

The question, to my mind though, is what were people normally wearing when crucified, not what the ordinarily wore, in Christ's day. Were men crucified wearing loincloths? Were they crucified totally naked? What about women? Were women crucified at all?

However, in a certain sense you are right--regardless of what was historically accurate, the depiction of suffering--which I see as the central point--could have been done with a bit more physical modesty allowed the woman. As I said, I suspect the reason is simply that it was filmed in Europe where it just doesn't seem to be an issue.

Hema

Sweet n Spicy
David40 said:
I'm not sure. I think the passionofagoddess site is based in Europe where female toplessness does not seem to be any more of an issue than male toplessness.

The question, to my mind though, is what were people normally wearing when crucified, not what the ordinarily wore, in Christ's day. Were men crucified wearing loincloths? Were they crucified totally naked? What about women? Were women crucified at all?

However, in a certain sense you are right--regardless of what was historically accurate, the depiction of suffering--which I see as the central point--could have been done with a bit more physical modesty allowed the woman. As I said, I suspect the reason is simply that it was filmed in Europe where it just doesn't seem to be an issue.

Thank you and welcome to RF. :)

eudaimonia

Fellowship of Reason
Hema said:
I have always seen God as having male and female qualities. However, I don't see why the woman's breasts are exposed. That was unnecessary.

It doesn't strike me as inappropriate. Is there something unspiritual about bare breasts?

eudaimonia,

Mark

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
It doesn't strike me as inappropriate. Is there something unspiritual about bare breasts?

eudaimonia,

Mark
This is nothing but a facet of culture. having been brought up in Africa, the sight of women's breast has little meaning to me, and is certainly not "unspiritual"; after all, we are not born clothed........:D