• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Part 2, an attack on creationism

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
The word used for kill doesn't mean the same thing as its English definition. A quick study of the Hebrew will show which forms of murder are prohibited. But alas, this really isn't what you are getting at at all. You are saying that because God kills his creation, he has no right to ask that we not do the same. But alas, we did not create man. We are only the creation. If you make a box and smash it, no one is going to be upset at you. You have done nothing wrong.
No, I'm saying that the sixth commandment is not very clear, since it considered best translated as "You shall not murder," and "murder" means an unlawful killing. Clearly, law that says only to kill in compliance with the law is not very helpful. Instead of spending His time instructing us how to perform our animal sacrifices, it would have been more helpful had God lended some clarity to this important point.

But yet they grow up and achieve that knowledge and still dwell in their sin. Lack of knowledge doesn't cancel out their sinfulness.
But we're not talking about when they're grown up, are we? The idea that a newborn baby, who has just drawn her first breath, is evil, totally depraved, is both evil and illogical.

There is only injustice because the concept of grace is so otherworldly. Every human action is to further their own happiness. It is our very goal. If we show grace to one another, it is contrary to our nature (if so doing does not make that person happy). We long to be self-sufficient and take pride in earning things. We naturally refuse to accept that the greatest gift of all is not of our own doing, but given freely to whoever will take it.
Right, I understand. You think it's great. You find it just to reward a serial killer for eternity, and punish a compassionate and non-violent force for good. You don't have to keep telling us that under Christianity, it's just. However, in reality, it's obviously a manifest injustice. Hence, Christianity = injustice.

Masturbation is sin. All sin separates you from God. Continuing in your sins have very real consequences for yourself, and therefore your ministry and example to others. Not hearing God's voice can cause you to miss an opportunity to bring someone to Christ.
Please stop preaching; it's annoying. You were going to explain how it hurts other people.
Morality as defined by who, you? So substitutive guilt and atonement don't factor in to your own view of morality, so they are useless? I take it that you don't believe in absolute truth or at least think that morality isn't absolute.
Right, me. Not only useless, but completely whacko. I think personal responsibility is an important aspect of any coherent moral theory. And no, I don't think that. The moral relativists are Christians like you who believe that infanticide is morally justified if you believe that God commanded it.
Nonetheless, atonement is pretty common in our every day lives. It's a simple concept (however "primitive" of a notion it may be) of righting a wrong.
Atonement is great. It's the idea that someone else can atone for my sins that's wrong.
I did not mean to say that it didn't matter. I think you know that.
Why did you mention it, then? The fact that civil governments have become sufficiently secular to prevent modern Christians from exercising their regrettable tendency to commit genocide in the name of their God does not excuse their theology, which promotes it.
I don't hide from the plan of the Father. Don't confuse me with a liberal "Christian".
Right. So you agree that Jesus, as His Father (already illogical) regularly orders His followers to commit mass murder, and further you believe it is moral and makes sense for Him to do so.

Yea, I'm really a nazi. I can see that you have a chip on your shoulder, but you should think about throwing the name Christian about too frequently. A Christian is a follower of Christ, not someone that uses weak-minded religious zealots to further his worldly ambition.
And who do you think the Nazis were following, Karl Marx? They were all good Christians, by their lights, just as you are by yours. I realize you may disagree with their interpretation, but then you're not in charge of that, are you? You may not be a Nazi, but the Nazis were Christian. And yes, since I am only here because the most recent band of murderous Christians failed in their goals, I am a bit sensitive on this point. Genocide really gets on my nerves.

Are you really so naive as to think that the extermination of religion (however impossible that may be) will even put a dent in the number of wars and genocide attempts? It is human nature to find differences amongst ourselves and fight over them (there's that sin thing again). Religion is only one avenue to express our natural sinfulness.
No, I don't, but it would certainly help.

A good analogy to your argument would be to say: Children fight over the front seat. Let's get rid of the front seat so that we can eliminate a good portion of their fighting. Of course, in this case the front seat isn't actually the very force trying to prevent the children from fighting over it, so it's weaker in your favor than a better analogy would be.
It's not religion in general, it's a religion whose holy book commend genocide, religion that condemns entire tribes of people just because they worship the "wrong" God, religion that's grounded in primitive tribal war. Although there has been a small amount of Buddhist war, it's nothing compared to the Christians and Muslims.

Too bad. Your people have overcome a lot.
Yes, the many Christian attempts to wipe us off the face of the earth have not (yet) succeeded. It would be a bizarre logic to take that as evidence for your God, however.

kmkemp

No, I'm saying that the sixth commandment is not very clear, since it considered best translated as "You shall not murder," and "murder" means an unlawful killing. Clearly, law that says only to kill in compliance with the law is not very helpful. Instead of spending His time instructing us how to perform our animal sacrifices, it would have been more helpful had God lended some clarity to this important point.

Like I said before, it is extremely clear if you consider the Hebrew, actually. Besides, there is only a few instances of murder that are up for debate, so what are we really talking about here?

But we're not talking about when they're grown up, are we? The idea that a newborn baby, who has just drawn her first breath, is evil, totally depraved, is both evil and illogical.

Why do you think that choice makes a difference here? Just because we didn't choose to be born sinful makes us not sinful? Hardly. I think the difficulty here stems from a "free will" worldview. You see, if you have this worldview, you think that we should have a choice of whether or not we are born sinful. However, this is not the case with birth. We choose nothing. In fact, that statement is true for our entire lives, so it is really no surprise that it should cover babies as well.

Right, I understand. You think it's great. You find it just to reward a serial killer for eternity, and punish a compassionate and non-violent force for good. You don't have to keep telling us that under Christianity, it's just. However, in reality, it's obviously a manifest injustice. Hence, Christianity = injustice.

So, you use the a priori condition that Christianity != reality to come to the conclusion that Christianity = injustice. I hope I don't need to point out the error there.

Please stop preaching; it's annoying. You were going to explain how it hurts other people.

I would say the loss of an opportunity at heaven hurts worse than anything physical, emotional, or otherwise.

Right, me. Not only useless, but completely whacko. I think personal responsibility is an important aspect of any coherent moral theory. And no, I don't think that. The moral relativists are Christians like you who believe that infanticide is morally justified if you believe that God commanded it.

Does God cause infanticide to happen? Undoubtedly. Is it sinful? Yes. I don't see any moral relativism.

Atonement is great. It's the idea that someone else can atone for my sins that's wrong.

In what way do you atone for your sins (since it seems that you do, somehow, believe in sin by that statement) then?

Why did you mention it, then? The fact that civil governments have become sufficiently secular to prevent modern Christians from exercising their regrettable tendency to commit genocide in the name of their God does not excuse their theology, which promotes it.

It would take a very biased and twisted read of scripture to say that our theology promotes genocide. This reminds me of the kids that blamed rock n roll for murders, except you could replace rock n roll with classical music.

Right. So you agree that Jesus, as His Father (already illogical) regularly orders His followers to commit mass murder, and further you believe it is moral and makes sense for Him to do so.

God always has a reason. Not that he regularly orders His followers to commit mass murder, though.

And who do you think the Nazis were following, Karl Marx? They were all good Christians, by their lights, just as you are by yours. I realize you may disagree with their interpretation, but then you're not in charge of that, are you? You may not be a Nazi, but the Nazis were Christian.

This statement shows a very fundamental lack of knowledge of scripture. I could claim to be the president, but that doesn't make it so. God is very clear that we can recognize our fellow brothers and sisters by their works. That doesn't include genocide, I'm afraid. Not that there were no nazis that were Christians, but hey, I'm sure there were a good deal that were atheists as well, but I don't go around posting that atheists are responsible for genocide...

No, I don't, but it would certainly help.

I disagree.

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
Like I said before, it is extremely clear if you consider the Hebrew, actually.
So you keep saying, but I fail to see how knowing the Hebrew word "ratsah", translated as "murder" or "unlawful killing" clears up what killing is murder, or what killings are unlawful. Maybe you can explain.
Besides, there is only a few instances of murder that are up for debate, so what are we really talking about here?
Really? How about:
euthanasia
war
capital punishment
abortion
disobedient children
slaves
non-virgin brides
people who pick up sticks on Saturday
Amalekites, Perrizites, Jebusites, and every other --ite in the neighborhood?
self-defense
non-believers, Muslims, Jews, and heretical Christians
witches

just for a few instances that come to mind.

Why do you think that choice makes a difference here? Just because we didn't choose to be born sinful makes us not sinful? Hardly. I think the difficulty here stems from a "free will" worldview. You see, if you have this worldview, you think that we should have a choice of whether or not we are born sinful. However, this is not the case with birth. We choose nothing. In fact, that statement is true for our entire lives, so it is really no surprise that it should cover babies as well.
Since you have no idea what I think, I would appreciate it if you do not announce your guesses as matters of fact. I have difficulty with viewing a newborn baby as evil. At worst, I see it as capable of both good and evil, that is, human.
So, you use the a priori condition that Christianity != reality to come to the conclusion that Christianity = injustice. I hope I don't need to point out the error there.
No, it was strictly a posteriori. In reality, rewarding mass murderers and penalizing peace-makers is unjust. The fact that Christianity holds the opposite means that it is fundamentally unjust.

I would say the loss of an opportunity at heaven hurts worse than anything physical, emotional, or otherwise.
So what you're saying is that you cannot think of any way that it hurts other people? Do you often find it difficult to admit your errors?

Does God cause infanticide to happen? Undoubtedly. Is it sinful? Yes. I don't see any moral relativism.
The word you're looking for is "command." Does God command infanticide? Yes. Are you saying that obeying God's commandments is sinful?

In what way do you atone for your sins (since it seems that you do, somehow, believe in sin by that statement) then?
No, I don't think in terms of sin, but of right and wrong, hurting other people. If I hurt someone, then I should apologize to that person and try to make it right. That's a rational morality.

It would take a very biased and twisted read of scripture to say that our theology promotes genocide. This reminds me of the kids that blamed rock n roll for murders, except you could replace rock n roll with classical music.
You need to review the thread. I was accused of this halfway through, and documented my assertion sufficiently to refute you. I would prefer not to have to go through it again.

God always has a reason. Not that he regularly orders His followers to commit mass murder, though.
Yes, He does. A lot. Read your Bible.

This statement shows a very fundamental lack of knowledge of scripture. I could claim to be the president, but that doesn't make it so. God is very clear that we can recognize our fellow brothers and sisters by their works. That doesn't include genocide, I'm afraid. Not that there were no nazis that were Christians, but hey, I'm sure there were a good deal that were atheists as well, but I don't go around posting that atheists are responsible for genocide...
Why not, since God Himself commands it?

I disagree.
Tell it to the 9/11 widows.

rocketman

Out there...
In reality, rewarding mass murderers and penalizing peace-makers is unjust. The fact that Christianity holds the opposite means that it is fundamentally unjust.
Hi Autodidact. Could you explain this line to me please? It sounds to me like the first sentence contradicts the second. Just want to know what you mean. Thanks.

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
According to Christianity, a cannibal and serial murderer, Jeffrey Dahmer, is at this moment enjoying his eternal bliss, while, may he live long, when the Dalai Lama dies, he will be condemned to eternal torment. I say that's an unjust result--you?

rocketman

Out there...
According to Christianity, a cannibal and serial murderer, Jeffrey Dahmer, is at this moment enjoying his eternal bliss, while, may he live long, when the Dalai Lama dies, he will be condemned to eternal torment. I say that's an unjust result--you?
Oh I see, by 'opposite view' you meant opposite to what is 'just', rather than opposite to the preceding sentence. Thanks for clearing that up.

As for your question I wasn't looking to get involved in this debate. All I will say is that 'christians' who make declarations about who will be saved are not christians in my book. It'd be up to God. I don't believe in eternal torment either.. and so on. I know I'm not alone in that view. I think the term 'according to christianity' is a bit strong.

Cheers.

kmkemp

So you keep saying, but I fail to see how knowing the Hebrew word "ratsah", translated as "murder" or "unlawful killing" clears up what killing is murder, or what killings are unlawful. Maybe you can explain.

GOD NEVER SAID "THOU SHALT NOT KILL!!

Really? How about:
euthanasia
war
capital punishment
abortion
disobedient children
slaves
non-virgin brides
people who pick up sticks on Saturday
Amalekites, Perrizites, Jebusites, and every other --ite in the neighborhood?
self-defense
non-believers, Muslims, Jews, and heretical Christians
witches

Only the ones that are possibly murder, such as euthanasia, capital punishment, or abortion are really up for debate when compared against scripture.

Since you have no idea what I think, I would appreciate it if you do not announce your guesses as matters of fact.

Am I wrong? Do you not believe in free will?

I have difficulty with viewing a newborn baby as evil. At worst, I see it as capable of both good and evil, that is, human.

Ah, but you see, Christians make no distinction between evil and human. Maybe the difficulty here is that evil can have several different meanings. The one that I mean is opposition to God.

No, it was strictly a posteriori. In reality, rewarding mass murderers and penalizing peace-makers is unjust. The fact that Christianity holds the opposite means that it is fundamentally unjust.

Who determines what is just? If there is a God (and its not necessary for you to believe there is to see the error, I think), then is not his justice better than yours?

So what you're saying is that you cannot think of any way that it hurts other people? Do you often find it difficult to admit your errors?

Actually, I do. Still, I'm not in error. =P

The word you're looking for is "command." Does God command infanticide? Yes. Are you saying that obeying God's commandments is sinful?

Again, there is no difference here. Everything God wills to happen, happens. Whether or not he used a group of people to accomplish it or caused a tsunami, it makes no difference. Grace is not the only quality God has. He also judges. Some he judges here on earth while others wait until the afterlife. I do not know why it is so.

No, I don't think in terms of sin, but of right and wrong, hurting other people. If I hurt someone, then I should apologize to that person and try to make it right. That's a rational morality.

Jesus says the same. Fundamental to Christianity is that sin is infinitely intolerable to God and requires atonement. We are unable to atone for it ourself, so God helped us out.

You need to review the thread. I was accused of this halfway through, and documented my assertion sufficiently to refute you. I would prefer not to have to go through it again.

Well, this thread is 39 pages long and I am not inclined to read the entire thing, but I have sufficient knowledge of the Bible, I think, to know what you're talking about.

Yes, He does. A lot. Read your Bible.

A few occasions in thousands of years is a lot?

Why not, since God Himself commands it?

God uses genocide for his own righteous judgment. It seems, from your tone, that you are suggesting that Hitler and the German army were a band of Christians following an ordinance from God. In fact, God says that the Jews will be left until the very end. Meanwhile, Hitler's aim was to exterminate them. Doesn't sound like he was very in touch with the will of God to me, but assume what you will to serve your purpose I suppose.

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
http://www.rumormillnews.com/cgi-bin/archive.cgi?read=31043
You aren't looking hard enough. Thou shalt not kill is plenty enough explanation, actually.
? Were you trying to illustrate my point, or did you mean to contradict yourself?
Only the ones that are possibly murder, such as euthanasia, capital punishment, or abortion are really up for debate when compared against scripture.
Right. Killing non-virgin brides is scriptural, as well as disobedient children. Not to mention those wives who give their husbands too much help in the wrestling ring. And, again, this makes sense to you.

Am I wrong? Do you not believe in free will?
I believe that we have free will, but I'm not sure, nor am I sure that it matters.

Ah, but you see, Christians make no distinction between evil and human. Maybe the difficulty here is that evil can have several different meanings. The one that I mean is opposition to God.
If you are trying to persuade me that Christianity is an evil, disgusting, and irrational belief system, you are doing a great job.
Who determines what is just?
Me. And you. And the Supreme Court. And every person on earth.
If there is a God (and its not necessary for you to believe there is to see the error, I think), then is not his justice better than yours?
Only if you think there is no such thing as objective morals. Like most Christians, you seem to be a moral relativist, in which anything God does is moral, no matter how evil, violent, or unjust.
Actually, I do. Still, I'm not in error. =P
So, for the third time, whom do you hurt by masturbating, and how?

Again, there is no difference here. Everything God wills to happen, happens. Whether or not he used a group of people to accomplish it or caused a tsunami, it makes no difference. Grace is not the only quality God has. He also judges. Some he judges here on earth while others wait until the afterlife. I do not know why it is so.
O.K. you win. God is more evil than I stated earlier.

Jesus says the same. Fundamental to Christianity is that sin is infinitely intolerable to God and requires atonement. We are unable to atone for it ourself, so God helped us out.
Yes, I know. That's nuts.
Well, this thread is 39 pages long and I am not inclined to read the entire thing, but I have sufficient knowledge of the Bible, I think, to know what you're talking about.
Then stop making false accusation against me. This would be a good time to practice that error admitting.

A few occasions in thousands of years is a lot?
First, it's not thousands of years. God shows up during one period of history, to talk to one people. And, over and over, scores of times, he commands, guides, and commends them for slaughtering their neighbors.

God uses genocide for his own righteous judgment.
That's just plain evil. I'm sorry, there's no other word for this philosophy. In your moral system, it's just and righteous for a soldier to slice a baby in half with his sword.
It seems, from your tone, that you are suggesting that Hitler and the German army were a band of Christians following an ordinance from God. In fact, God says that the Jews will be left until the very end. Meanwhile, Hitler's aim was to exterminate them. Doesn't sound like he was very in touch with the will of God to me, but assume what you will to serve your purpose I suppose.
No, not at all, since I don't believe that God exists. What I'm stating, not merely suggesting, is that, like you, they believed they were following an ordinance from God. And that was bad enough to result in the unmerited deaths of approximately 13 million people, including children and babies.

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
You aren't looking hard enough. Thou shalt not kill is plenty enough explanation, actually.
I disagree.
Death was the punishment of:
  • striking or even reviling a parent (Exodus 21:15; Exodus 21:17);
    blasphemy (Leviticus 24:14; Leviticus 24:16; Leviticus 24:23);
    Sabbath-breaking (Numbers 15:32-36);
    witchcraft (Exodus 22:18);
    adultery (Leviticus 20:10);
    rape (Deuteronomy 22:25);
    incestuous and unnatural connection (Leviticus 20:11; Leviticus 20:14; Leviticus 20:16);
    man stealing (Exodus 21:16),
    idolatry (Leviticus 20:2).
There are several different methods used in the Bible to execute the capital punishment:
  • burning (Genesis 38:24; Leviticus 20:14; Daniel 3:6),
    hanging (Numbers 25:4; Deuteronomy 21:22; Deuteronomy 21:23; Joshua 8:29; 2 Samuel 21:12; Esther 7:9; Esther 7:10),
    crucifying (Matthew 20:19; Matthew 27:35),
    beheading (Genesis 40:19; Mark 6:16; Mark 6:27),
    slaying with the sword (1 Samuel 15:33; Acts 12:2),
    stoning (Leviticus 24:14; Deuteronomy 13:10; Acts 7:59),
    cutting in pieces (Daniel 2:5; Matthew 24:51),
    sawing asunder (Hebrews 11:37),
    exposing to wild beasts (Daniel 6:16; Daniel 6:24; 1 Corinthians 15:32),
    bruising in mortars (Proverbs 27:22),
    casting headlong from a rock (2 Chronicles 25:12),
    and even casting into the sea (Matthew 18:6).
That's right. What, exactly, is it about babies that makes you think that they are not born in sin? I've never seen a baby that wasn't more concerned about himself than any other person on the planet, but maybe that is just my observations...
And being concerned for ones self is a sin?

And why should anyone respond to it? Do you know what grace means? God makes it abundantly clear that His grace saves and not our works (or lack thereof). There is only one unforgivable sin. Besides that, we do not have the ability to know the hearts of men, so why would a Christian wish to comment about whether or not someone else was truly saved? I didn't know Dahmer personally at the end of his life. Did you?
What the heck does this have to do with the price of beans in China, let alone creationism?

That is because a lack of freedom is not appealing to you.
Personal opinion based upon assumptions.

kmkemp

I disagree.
Death was the punishment of:
  • striking or even reviling a parent (Exodus 21:15; Exodus 21:17);
    blasphemy (Leviticus 24:14; Leviticus 24:16; Leviticus 24:23);
    Sabbath-breaking (Numbers 15:32-36);
    witchcraft (Exodus 22:18);
    adultery (Leviticus 20:10);
    rape (Deuteronomy 22:25);
    incestuous and unnatural connection (Leviticus 20:11; Leviticus 20:14; Leviticus 20:16);
    man stealing (Exodus 21:16),
    idolatry (Leviticus 20:2).
There are several different methods used in the Bible to execute the capital punishment:
  • burning (Genesis 38:24; Leviticus 20:14; Daniel 3:6),
    hanging (Numbers 25:4; Deuteronomy 21:22; Deuteronomy 21:23; Joshua 8:29; 2 Samuel 21:12; Esther 7:9; Esther 7:10),
    crucifying (Matthew 20:19; Matthew 27:35),
    beheading (Genesis 40:19; Mark 6:16; Mark 6:27),
    slaying with the sword (1 Samuel 15:33; Acts 12:2),
    stoning (Leviticus 24:14; Deuteronomy 13:10; Acts 7:59),
    cutting in pieces (Daniel 2:5; Matthew 24:51),
    sawing asunder (Hebrews 11:37),
    exposing to wild beasts (Daniel 6:16; Daniel 6:24; 1 Corinthians 15:32),
    bruising in mortars (Proverbs 27:22),
    casting headlong from a rock (2 Chronicles 25:12),
    and even casting into the sea (Matthew 18:6).
You should probably read the rest of the thread to this point before making these kinds of comments.

And being concerned for ones self is a sin?

Selfishness is, yes.

What the heck does this have to do with the price of beans in China, let alone creationism?

It was a direct response to someone else bringing it up. Maybe you should be asking that person?

Personal opinion based upon assumptions.

As are all statements.

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
kmkemp said:
You should probably read the rest of the thread to this point before making these kinds of comments.
kmkemp said:
Well, this thread is 39 pages long and I am not inclined to read the entire thing,
Well I see you are untroubled by the hobgoblin of little minds, consistency.

Selfishness is, yes.
Please stop trying to convince us that babies are born evil. The only evil about that is that belief and its consequences.

It was a direct response to someone else bringing it up. Maybe you should be asking that person?
No, once again you're mistaken, and virtual $1 says that once again you won't admit it. No one brought up God's grace but you. I brought up the irrational, unjust belief system that = Christianity.

As are all statements.
No. 1 + 1 = 2. E = mc (squared)

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
What does any of this have to do with creationism? In the last few pages this thread entitled “attack on creationism” has turned into “attack on Christianity”.

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
fantôme profane;1012524 said:
What does any of this have to do with creationism? In the last few pages this thread entitled “attack on creationism” has turned into “attack on Christianity”.
Unfortunately there are way to many people who cannot tell any difference between the two.

kmkemp

Well I see you are untroubled by the hobgoblin of little minds, consistency.

Right. Except that I didn't ask him to read 39 pages. He quoted something from several posts back that had since been addressed.

Please stop trying to convince us that babies are born evil. The only evil about that is that belief and its consequences.

Please stop trying to convince me that they aren't. Perhaps if you didn't want me to tell you my view, which I believe is also the view of the Bible, then you shouldn't have asked?

No, once again you're mistaken, and virtual $1 says that once again you won't admit it. No one brought up God's grace but you. I brought up the irrational, unjust belief system that = Christianity.

Lol, second attempt at deflection in the same post. We are not talking about grace, but Dahmer. Everything I have responded to was a direct quotation from someone else.

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
Right. Except that I didn't ask him to read 39 pages. He quoted something from several posts back that had since been addressed.
And $1 to the little lady in the comfortable shoes.

Please stop trying to convince me that they aren't. Perhaps if you didn't want me to tell you my view, which I believe is also the view of the Bible, then you shouldn't have asked?
I'm not, I don't care, and I didn't. I understand that you think babies are evil, and I'm not trying to persuade you otherwise. I'm just pointing out that belief system is itself evil, as well as irrational.

Lol, second attempt at deflection in the same post. We are not talking about grace, but Dahmer. Everything I have responded to was a direct quotation from someone else.
Unfortunately for you, the actual exchange was recorded for posterity:
And why should anyone respond to it? Do you know what grace means? God makes it abundantly clear that His grace saves and not our works (or lack thereof). There is only one unforgivable sin. Besides that, we do not have the ability to know the hearts of men, so why would a Christian wish to comment about whether or not someone else was truly saved? I didn't know Dahmer personally at the end of his life. Did you?
Please explain how "Do you know what grace means? God makes it abundantly clear that His grace saves and not our works..." is not about grace?
This at last does bring the thread around to creationism, as it parallels a creationist's miraculous ability to look right at a Tiktaalik skull and deny the existence of transitional fossils.

Nick Soapdish

Secret Agent
Wow... lots of posts to respond to. Please be patient, I will try to get to them soon!

"Life is a big wild crazy tossed salad, but you don't eat it, no sir! You live it!" -- The Tick