• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Parents Told They Could Lose Kids Over Unpaid School Lunches

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Twelve years of public school lunch tab's. The average kid should have paid off their high school lunch bill with accruals by 2024.

From the article: "...
The letter claims the unpaid bills could lead to dependency hearings and removal of their children for not providing them with food.

"You can be sent to dependency court for neglecting your child's right to food. The result may be your child being taken from your home and placed in foster care," the letter read.

After complaints, district officials announced they plan to send out a less threatening letter next week."

I don't think this district has taken into account or reported fairly that these kids parents in the so called arrears for these lunch monies may be bringing their lunches to school.
Some parents prefer their children to eat a certain diet that a school cafeteria can't always accommodate.
I wonder if the schools district still rifles through the kids lunch bags to tell them what they can and cannot eat from their parents.

Skwim

Veteran Member
@Skwim checkout the follow up I just posted. It's crazier lol
Good grief.
facepalm-hand-gesture-smiley-emoticon.gif
Thanks for the heads up.