• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Parents call police on teacher over LGBT book.

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
I. No. That doesnt even make sense.
A lookalike that lacks a defining feature of an
AK47 is not an Ak47.

2. Anyone who advertises he has " Ak47" rifles
to sell may be as ignorant as you and the Canadian.
Or may not. How would I know their motives.

Well, no problem .Just make an auto sear.

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member

***Mod Post***

Please refrain from personal attacks and keep Rule 1 and Rule 9 in mind while posting.

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
I totally agree. If you would REPORT ME for doing the same thing, errrrrrrrr, no way.

I generally think it's good for teachers and other people in contact with a child to be alert to situations where they might suspect that a child is being subjected to psychologically or physically harmful treatment, even if it comes from within the child's family.

Of course, your own situation wasn't a case of abuse, but if a teacher doesn't know a parent well and therefore has no way of knowing this, their perspective might be that they were doing their job and being on the safe side by asking CPS to check. I can see a solid case for the position that it's better to check and find nothing wrong than to not check and allow potential abuse (from the perspective of someone who doesn't have closer information, such as the teacher) to continue.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I generally think it's good for teachers and other people in contact with a child to be alert to situations where they might suspect that a child is being subjected to psychologically or physically harmful treatment, even if it comes from within the child's family.

Of course, your own situation wasn't a case of abuse, but if a teacher doesn't know a parent well and therefore has no way of knowing this, their perspective might be that they were doing their job and being on the safe side by asking CPS to check. I can see a solid case for the position that it's better to check and find nothing wrong than to not check and allow potential abuse (from the perspective of someone who doesn't have closer information, such as the teacher) to continue.
In America, basically anyone who works with kids except priests are mandatory reporters and are required to report all suspected incidents of child abuse, even if it's just a rumor.

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
In America, basically anyone who works with kids except priests are mandatory reporters and are required to report all suspected incidents of child abuse, even if it's just a rumor.

Well, in Denmark when the postal service was government run, even the mail man had that requirement.

Messianic Israelite

What can we do as a country to reign in this rightwing redneck rampage against liberty, rights, equality, justice, science, education, etc.? It's a serious problem that will see our nation become a 3rd world theocracy if not resolved.
Good evening Father Heathen. I'm amazed. The impudence. This teacher knew exactly what she was doing. Why, if she had any suspicions of a backlash, didn't she consult the headteacher or other colleagues before introducing that book in to the Curriculum called “This Book is Gay”. This teacher keeps asking, What about the kids, what about the kids? But is she really thinking about the kids? I don't think she is. We don't need to have LGBTQ shoveled down our throats. Children especially who are susceptible to ideas and beliefs which are not necessarily true do not need this to contend with. It's called brainwashing. Why don't they teach about AIDS? Now that would be useful to teach the kids about. The Bible calls it an abomination and the Bible has stood the test of time, has outlived all of us and is verifiable as Yahweh's Word to mankind (Leviticus 18:22).

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Good evening Father Heathen. I'm amazed. The impudence. This teacher knew exactly what she was doing. Why, if she had any suspicions of a backlash, didn't she consult the headteacher or other colleagues before introducing that book in to the Curriculum called “This Book is Gay”. This teacher keeps asking, What about the kids, what about the kids? But is she really thinking about the kids? I don't think she is. We don't need to have LGBTQ shoveled down our throats. Children especially who are susceptible to ideas and beliefs which are not necessarily true do not need this to contend with. It's called brainwashing. Why don't they teach about AIDS? Now that would be useful to teach the kids about. The Bible calls it an abomination and the Bible has stood the test of time, has outlived all of us and is verifiable as Yahweh's Word to mankind (Leviticus 18:22).
That's what you personally believe and it has no business running or dictating the lives of others. Religion is like a penis in that regard. It's fine if you have one but keep it to yourself and don't ever think or assume it's ok to impose it upon others.

Messianic Israelite

That's what you personally believe and it has no business running or dictating the lives of others. Religion is like a penis in that regard. It's fine if you have one but keep it to yourself and don't ever think or assume it's ok to impose it upon others.
Hi Shadow Wolf. Good evening. So why should what you personally believe dictate the lives of others? Can't you see you're being hypocritical by suggesting that I should keep my views to myself, but anyone of a contrary belief to mine shouldn't?

Audie

Veteran Member
You'd lose that bet because those guns, including kits to make an AR-15s and civilian AK-47s into full automatics (aka machine guns), are widely available and easy to get in America. I even saw those and a Tommy gun for sale at a sporting goods shop.
There is no civilian AK47 and converting
a look alike, or having one of the parts
to convert it is a federal crime punishable by up to
Ten years in prison.

Try it and see who loses what.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Hi Shadow Wolf. Good evening. So why should what you personally believe dictate the lives of others? Can't you see you're being hypocritical by suggesting that I should keep my views to myself, but anyone of a contrary belief to mine shouldn't?
The only area where I think what I believe should dictate the lives of others is that others should be free to guide their own lives as they see fit provided it doesn't harm anyone and it creates no victims. That meams everyone largely and mostly get to do their own thing.
You are promoting the Bible for social policy and that does impede and infringe upon the rights and liberties of others, and very quite needlessly so.
This is why my views aren't hypocritic. I'm not telling you what you can do in your personal life, but you're telling me what to do in mine.

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion

I will answer as me and I am religious. The danger of only allowing the correct religion to be taught, is that it might not be yours. So let the children learn how the world works in general for what we know collectively and let them make up their minds on their own.

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
Ten years in prison.

Well, if I am going to try to kill as many people as possible, that is not a problem I see as relevant, because if is a bigger problem if I only can fire in semi-auto.
The problem is that for hunting you only need bolt action rifles and for home defense you are better of with a pump gun.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Ten years in prison.

You'd still lose it. I just gave you names of machine guns you can buy in America.
And where it's punishable depends on the state amd jurisdictions. Some won't enforce federal law.
And, by civilian, I mean AKs that out if the box don't have a full auto setting amd are semi-auto like the AR-15. Fully automatic can't be legally sold or imported here. But visually there is no telling the difference and convertion is simple. And the black market isn't too shabby as even I've held a regular AK-47. Amd the guy who owns it is a drunken idiot.

Messianic Israelite

The only area where I think what I believe should dictate the lives of others is that others should be free to guide their own lives as they see fit provided it doesn't harm anyone and it creates no victims. That meams everyone largely and mostly get to do their own thing.
You are promoting the Bible for social policy and that does impede and infringe upon the rights and liberties of others, and very quite needlessly so.
This is why my views aren't hypocritic. I'm not telling you what you can do in your personal life, but you're telling me what to do in mine.
Hi Shadow Wolf. Your argument is do no harm. And my argument, is that breaking Yahweh's Laws does cause harm emotionally, mentally, physically and most of all spiritually. So I would argue your argument falls to pieces. My personal life is living the Word and trying to encourage others to live the Word too so they can be saved. Your personal life suggests one should get rid of the Bible and throw caution to the wind. This conflicts against my personal life. We all ought to live by the same rules we want others to live. My Savior Yahshua the Messiah lived a life that was perfect and He is our example. He never ceased from trying to influence others to follow the righteous way of life saying, 'Go and sin no more' and neither should we.