• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Paranormal experiences

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
My husband passed on last summer. I have not slept in the bedroom since he passed on, I have been sleeping in the living room on the couch. About a week after my husband passed on the TV in the bedroom that we had been sleeping in came on all by itself and the music channel we always listened to was playing.

The TV in that bedroom is in a cabinet behind closed doors. The remote control was on the bedside table upside down. I wondered how the TV could go on without someone turning it on with the remote control, and when I tried to turn it off with the remote control with the cabinet closed it would not go off. I had to open the cabinet and turn off the TV off. I did that on the night the TV went on by itself and took the remote to the kitchen, but when I woke up the next morning the TV was on again! Of course, I questioned how it could have come on spontaneously when it came on again the next morning, when the remote control was not even in the bedroom. Then I opened the TV cabinet and turned the TV off with the remote control.

About a month later, on September 1, the TV came on again and I turned it off as before. Then on September 6 the TV came on again and I turned it off as before. Then on September 21 it came on again, and I turned it off. Each time I had heard the music channel playing through the TV cabinet I opened the doors to the cabinet and turned the TV off with the remote control.

I had my own ideas about why this was happening since there is no logical explanation. I thought to call Comcast cable and talk to the technical support staff to ask what could be causing this, but I was too busy so I just put it in the back of my mind, since it did not happen again after September 21; in October or November all was quiet in that room.

Then on December 19, I went in the bedroom in the morning and the TV was on again, playing the music channel. Well, this time, I decided to leave it on for a while since I though that whoever turned it on might want me to leave it on. So I left it on all day and later I opened the TV cabinet and turned it off and closed the doors. Nothing has happened since that time.

It just so happened that this week my land line phones were having problems. I had no dial tones and no ability to receive any calls since the phone was not ringing, so the Comcast cable man had to come to fix the phones yesterday. While he was here, I had planned to tell him about the TV problem in the bedroom. When I explained what had happened, just as I explained in the paragraph above, he was very curious and he said he had no explanation for why the TV would come on all by itself without me turning it on with the remote control. He also said that he has never seen a TV turn on using the remote control when the cabinet is closed because there is no way for the signal to get through the cabinet.

Then the technician wanted to see my calendar where I had recorded the days that this had happened. After that, I demonstrated to him exactly what had happened and he looked very befuddled. This had to be the strangest house call he had ever gone on! He said that there is no 'normal' explanation for the phenomenon and I told him I think it was paranormal. He said he could not argue with that since there is no other explanation.

I asked him if he had ever seen this kind of thing before and he said no. Here I was, expecting him to try to fix it or at least looking into what might be going on with my equipment, but he knew right off that it was not the equipment. That poor man! I really gave him an earful, and I cannot help but wonder what he was thinking as he drove away. It’s a good thing it was his last appointment of the day. :)

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
I had an old TV the family had had for about 11 years, and the TV acted weird as well. There could have been a natural explanation for it, in my case, but if there isn't, something I've thought is whether the TV had somehow accumulated "spiritual residue".

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I had an old TV the family had had for about 11 years, and the TV acted weird as well. There could have been a natural explanation for it, in my case, but if there isn't, something I've thought is whether the TV had somehow accumulated "spiritual residue".
I knew that it was my husband's spirit trying to communicate to me, since there was no other explanation, and I already believed that he is in the spiritual world. The odd thing is that he did not like this world so I cannot understand why he would be earthbound. Maybe he isn't earthbound but did that TV thing for another reason.

Even though it was kind of frightening it was also comforting. I plan to communicate to him using a psychic medium, I have just been putting it off. Many years ago, we agreed that whoever goes first will try to communicate to the other person.

Nimos

My husband passed on last summer. I have not slept in the bedroom since he passed on, I have been sleeping in the living room on the couch. About a week after my husband passed on the TV in the bedroom that we had been sleeping in came on all by itself and the music channel we always listened to was playing.

The TV in that bedroom is in a cabinet behind closed doors. The remote control was on the bedside table upside down. I wondered how the TV could go on without someone turning it on with the remote control, and when I tried to turn it off with the remote control with the cabinet closed it would not go off. I had to open the cabinet and turn off the TV off. I did that on the night the TV went on by itself and took the remote to the kitchen, but when I woke up the next morning the TV was on again! Of course, I questioned how it could have come on spontaneously when it came on again the next morning, when the remote control was not even in the bedroom. Then I opened the TV cabinet and turned the TV off with the remote control.

About a month later, on September 1, the TV came on again and I turned it off as before. Then on September 6 the TV came on again and I turned it off as before. Then on September 21 it came on again, and I turned it off. Each time I had heard the music channel playing through the TV cabinet I opened the doors to the cabinet and turned the TV off with the remote control.

I had my own ideas about why this was happening since there is no logical explanation. I thought to call Comcast cable and talk to the technical support staff to ask what could be causing this, but I was too busy so I just put it in the back of my mind, since it did not happen again after September 21; in October or November all was quiet in that room.

Then on December 19, I went in the bedroom in the morning and the TV was on again, playing the music channel. Well, this time, I decided to leave it on for a while since I though that whoever turned it on might want me to leave it on. So I left it on all day and later I opened the TV cabinet and turned it off and closed the doors. Nothing has happened since that time.

It just so happened that this week my land line phones were having problems. I had no dial tones and no ability to receive any calls since the phone was not ringing, so the Comcast cable man had to come to fix the phones yesterday. While he was here, I had planned to tell him about the TV problem in the bedroom. When I explained what had happened, just as I explained in the paragraph above, he was very curious and he said he had no explanation for why the TV would come on all by itself without me turning it on with the remote control. He also said that he has never seen a TV turn on using the remote control when the cabinet is closed because there is no way for the signal to get through the cabinet.

Then the technician wanted to see my calendar where I had recorded the days that this had happened. After that, I demonstrated to him exactly what had happened and he looked very befuddled. This had to be the strangest house call he had ever gone on! He said that there is no 'normal' explanation for the phenomenon and I told him I think it was paranormal. He said he could not argue with that since there is no other explanation.

I asked him if he had ever seen this kind of thing before and he said no. Here I was, expecting him to try to fix it or at least looking into what might be going on with my equipment, but he knew right off that it was not the equipment. That poor man! I really gave him an earful, and I cannot help but wonder what he was thinking as he drove away. It’s a good thing it was his last appointment of the day. :)
Interesting story. :)

Some things you might want to check/try.

1. Check if the TV has a "Turn on - timer" set, if that is possible.
2. Pull out the plug and see if it still turns on (That would be impressive :))

There seem to be people having these issues, so you might try to check these things as well. (Just copy/paste from google)

Why does my TV turn on by itself?
  • Check your power source. First, unplug your TV and take a close look at the power cord for damage or fraying.
  • Inspect the remote control.
  • Look at your TV timer.
  • Check your CEC settings.
  • Disconnect your TV from Wi-Fi.
  • Turn off eco mode.
  • Check for firmware updates.
  • Perform a factory reset.
Might not apply to your TV obvious :)

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
I'm sure I've told you before about how our deceased loved ones and other human spirits can communicate with us by manipulating electronic devices like a television, a radio, and a phone, @Trailblazer. I've personally witnessed this type of poltergeist activity several times, both at home and while investigating a haunted location. I know I've told you this before, but for the sake of your thread, I'll say it again. I believe your late husband was attempting to communicate with you and inform you that he is still with you. Of course, I am not able to come to your house and confirm it for you by means of my mediumship abilities, but that's the impression I get from you.

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
I knew that it was my husband's spirit trying to communicate to me, since there was no other explanation, and I already believed that he is in the spiritual world. The odd thing is that he did not like this world so I cannot understand why he would be earthbound. Maybe he isn't earthbound but did that TV thing for another reason.

Even though it was kind of frightening it was also comforting. I plan to communicate to him using a psychic medium, I have just been putting it off. Many years ago, we agreed that whoever goes first will try to communicate to the other person.

I'm very interested in knowing what the medium tells you. I wish that I could help you myself as I've helped other people connect with their deceased loved ones. It's something that I can do to help other people find peace and closure after their loved ones pass on.

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
I'm not sure that it is healthy to attempt communication with loved ones who have passed away.
Surely, there is enough people who are alive that can keep us company .. until the inevitable occurs.
i.e. our own death

Thanks for sharing your personal opinion, but this isn't a debate thread and the paranormal activities forum is a non-debate forum.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I believe your late husband was attempting to communicate with you and inform you that he is still with you.
Yes, that is what I also believe. I know that he knows that I know that he is in the spiritual world, so that is why it seemed a bit odd, but maybe it was just for reassurance.

I have to say that I have mixed feelings about my husband because he did not fight to stay alive, he wanted to die, and he did not care if he left me alone. I don't think that is very considerate, and it hurts, because I told him how bad it would be for me if he died and that is proving to be the case. Add to this I still do not know the medical circumstances that led to his death, but I plan to have an internal investigation done by my health care provider, and I may also file a medical malpractice lawsuit, since that may be the only way I will ever know what really happened.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Surely, there is enough people who are alive that can keep us company .. until the inevitable occurs.
No, I have nobody to keep me company, except on this forum, and my husband knew that, but he did not care.
He just wanted to be out of his own pain, all he could think of was himself.

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
Yes, that is what I also believe. I know that he knows that I know that he is in the spiritual world, so that is why it seemed a bit odd, but maybe it was just for reassurance.

I have to say that I have mixed feelings about my husband because he did not fight to stay alive, he wanted to die, and he did not care if he left me alone. I don't think that is very considerate, and it hurts, because I told him how bad it would be for me if he died and that is proving to be the case. Add to this I still do not know the medical circumstances that led to his death, but I plan to have an internal investigation done by my health care provider, and I may also file a medical malpractice lawsuit, since that may be the only way I will ever know what really happened.

When a human spirit passes into the spiritual realm, they may see their mistakes more clearly and attempt to correct them from the other side, or they may attempt to apologize and make amends. I've often spoken with many spirits who asked me to apologize to their living loved ones on their behalf. They expressed regret for the mistakes they made while alive and wanted to make amends.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I'm very interested in knowing what the medium tells you. I wish that I could help you myself as I've helped other people connect with their deceased loved ones. It's something that I can do to help other people find peace and closure after their loved ones pass on.
I will surely let you know what he says.
That is a great service that you perform.

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
No, I have nobody to keep me company, except on this forum, and my husband knew that, but he did not care.
He just wanted to be out of his own pain, all he could think of was himself.

If I were to speak to your late husband myself, I'm confident that he would express regret for the way he treated you. I think his regret is what is keeping him earthbound, and if he can express his regret to you and apologize, and you accept his apology and forgive him, then he will be able to cross over in peace. Of course, I'm only speculating, but I've experienced this happen time and time again with other earthbound spirits that I've communicated with and helped to cross over. We can talk about this more in our PM, if you'd like.

Last edited:

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
When a human spirit passes into the spiritual realm, they may see their mistakes more clearly and attempt to correct them from the other side, or they may attempt to apologize and make amends. I've often spoken with many spirits who asked me to apologize to their living loved ones on their behalf. They expressed regret for the mistakes they made while alive and wanted to make amends.
It would make sense if that is what he is trying to do since he should be regretting what he did to me. You don't know the half if it. In life, he was always apologizing and then he did the same things over and over again. He had his chances, but he cannot make it right now because he is not here. That is one reason I have held off on trying to communicate to him, I don't want to hear any more I'm sorries.

I hope he can see from the spiritual world how much misery I am in, just hanging on. That would be his own punishment. He believed that the spiritual world would be so much better than this world because of his Baha'i beliefs, but I do not believe it is necessarily better for everyone. I do not want to wish him ill, but I have been unable to forgive him either. I'm in a lot of pain. I do a good job of trying to cover it up but it is right under the surface.

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
If you were to just turn the TV on, is it preset to play that music station or does that require additional selecting?

Very similar thing happened to my mom's car CD player after my father' death as it would get stuck on a particular song with particularly meaningful words. Yes, we suspect it was him.

I suspect in your case too.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
It would make sense if that is what he is trying to do since he should be regretting what he did to me. You don't know the half if it. In life, he was always apologizing and then he did the same things over and over again. He had his chances, but he cannot make it right now because he is not here. That is one reason I have held off on trying to communicate to him, I don't want to hear any more I'm sorries.

I hope he can see from the spiritual world how much misery I am in, just hanging on. That would be his own punishment. He believed that the spiritual world would be so much better than this world because of his Baha'i beliefs, but I do not believe it is necessarily better for everyone. I do not want to wish him ill, but I have been unable to forgive him either. I'm in a lot of pain. I do a good job of trying to cover it up but it is right under the surface.

To me, you have the right to feel hurt.

Forgiveness is really, really hard and requires a lot of thought and considering. But in some cases, it can also kind of set one (or both) sides free. It just depends.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
If I were to speak to your late husband myself, I'm confident that he would express regret for the way he treated you. I think his regret is what is keeping him earthbound, and if he can express his regret to you and apologize, and you accept his apology and forgive him, then he will be able to cross over in peace. Of course, I'm only speculating, but I've experienced this happen time and time again with other earthbound spirits that I helped cross over.
I don't think he was really aware of how he treated me when he was alive but I think he is aware of it now, since I believe the next world is the World of Lights. I try to forgive him since he was not aware, not hurting me deliberately.

Hopefully I will know more if I try to communicate through that psychic medium. Let's just say he has regrets. Why should I accept one more apology from him after what he put me through? I wish I could be more 'Christian' and forgive him but I am not good at that. I am still suffering in this world so he should be free of his suffering in the next world? I really don't know what to do which is why I have not done anything about the communication yet.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
If you were to just turn the TV on, is it preset to play that music station or does that require additional selecting?

Very similar thing happened to my mom's car CD player after my father' death as it would get stuck on a particular song with particularly meaningful words. Yes, we suspect it was him.

I suspect in your case too.
If I were to turn the TV on right now it would go to the last station it was on, which is the Music Choice station.
I suspect it is him turning it on.