• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pantheons

Demonic Kitten

I didn't know exactly where to put this so I hope it is okay here.

I have a question about pantheons. Do you stick to one pantheon or do you mix and match? I'm not sure if that is exactly the question I want to ask, but I don't know exactly how to say it. I ask because last night when I meditated I was taken to an Egyptian temple and there was a mixture of Celtic and Egyptian Gods and Goddesses. I follow the Celtic pantheon because those are the ones that call to me, but in the temple it was Cerrnunos, Morrigan, Danu, and two that I didn't recognize. I'm guessing that they were Egyptian since it was an Egyptian temple I was in. One was a cat and one was a lion.

I think I ended up rambling instead of explaining myself...if anyone can understand this... :help:

enchanted_one1975

Resident Lycanthrope
I feel that if certain Deities are making Themselves known to you you should go with Them. The Ancient Egyptians loved cat and lioness Goddesses. Of my six main Deities, one is a Cat and two are Lionesses. :)

Demonic Kitten

Thank you for your replies. The more that I think about this the more I believe that all Gods and Goddesses have something to teach us and only they can decide when to reveal it.

enchanted_one1975

Resident Lycanthrope
Thank you for your replies. The more that I think about this the more I believe that all Gods and Goddesses have something to teach us and only they can decide when to reveal it.
It is also my belief that They want something of us. It may not be anything major. It could be Earth shattering though. They will make Their desires known all in good time.

Demonic Kitten

It is also my belief that They want something of us. It may not be anything major. It could be Earth shattering though. They will make Their desires known all in good time.

Very true. I guess for now I should just be patient. (I'm not very good at it though) If I wanted to read up on the Gods and Goddess of Ancient Egypt where would be the best place to start?

Demonic Kitten

The Celtic pantheon still has my heart, but I believe that the other Gods and Goddesses has something to tell me or teach me. IDK why that is, but I just believe it is true. Oh..and going over my meditation I realized that I had named one of the Egyptian God/Goddess. It was Bast or Bastet. Now I have a starting point.

Herr Heinrich

Student of Mythology
Were the cat and lion part "human"? Did they have a human body and animal head? If they were the actual animals then they possibly could have been symbolic for something else or could have been power animals.

Demonic Kitten

Xiao_Shu said:
Were the cat and lion part "human"? Did they have a human body and animal head? If they were the actual animals then they possibly could have been symbolic for something else or could have been power animals.

I'm not entirely sure... all I saw was the heads. All I'm going on is what I saw (the cat, lion/lioness[couldn't tell], and the Egyptian temple) and what I heard (which was the name Bast [among other things])

Gentoo said:
Good luck!
Thank you!

It's nice to know I can come in here and ask question without getting my head bitten off. ^_^

Azakel

Liebe ist für alle da
I usually follow one Pantheon, though I do believe that gods from other Pantheons might still have something to share with you even if you don't fully follow them.
I have learn from gods of different Pantheons in the past.
I also hold this personal belief that the gods all know each other whether or not they might show it or converse much is another thing.

Gentoo

The Feisty Penguin
I'm not entirely sure... all I saw was the heads. All I'm going on is what I saw (the cat, lion/lioness[couldn't tell], and the Egyptian temple) and what I heard (which was the name Bast [among other things])

Try looking up Sekhmet :)

Thank you!

It's nice to know I can come in here and ask question without getting my head bitten off. ^_^

Always :)

Herr Heinrich

Student of Mythology

Thank you!

Of course we wouldn't bite your head off silly.:D

Demonic Kitten

I usually follow one Pantheon, though I do believe that gods from other Pantheons might still have something to share with you even if you don't fully follow them.
I have learn from gods of different Pantheons in the past.
I also hold this personal belief that the gods all know each other whether or not they might show it or converse much is another thing.

That is an interesting way of looking at things. Looks like you and I have something in common. I have often thought that the gods all knew each other because it is my belief that the Creator created all the Gods and Goddess to "keep an eye" on us, so to speak.

-------------------------------
Gentoo said:
Try looking up Sekhmet :)

Thank you for the suggestion. I was so focused on Bast that I look to much on the others, but from what I've read/understand is that sekhmet is like the opposite of Bast. I have my home work to do! ^_^

--------------------------------
Xiao_Shu said:
Of course we wouldn't bite your head off silly.:D
People who ask questions at another forum I'm a member of can get their heads bitten off (ridiculed and called lazy), that is why I made that comment. It just means I feel comfortable enough here to ask my questions.

enchanted_one1975

Resident Lycanthrope
Many of the Gods and Goddesses of Ancient Egypt have human-like bodies and animal-like heads. Traditionally, these Deities could transform into full animal form at will.

Sekhmet:
1587d1264617813-statues-sekhmet.jpg

Gosh I love showing off my statues. :yes:

Last edited:

Herr Heinrich

Student of Mythology
Many of the Gods and Goddesses of Ancient Egypt have human-like bodies and animal-like heads. Traditionally, these Deities could transform into full animal form at will.

Sekhmet:
1587d1264617813-statues-sekhmet.jpg

Gosh I love showing off my statues. :yes:

Alright then. I didn't know about the shape shifting part.