• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Palestinian State? Who Should Negotiate?

Watchmen

Premium Member
If Israel and Palestine are really moving towards the existence of a Palistinian state, who should negotiate the creation and why?

darkendless

Guardian of Asgaard
If Israel and Palestine are really moving towards the existence of a Palistinian state, who should negotiate the creation and why?

I don't think anyone would be acceptable. No matter who gets involved one side would cry foul. They all want more than half. They didn't accept half the first time, whats changed?

My vote would go to Norway. As the most peaceful country on earth i'd trust them over the likes of the USA or Egypt.

I think the current idea for a palestinian state is quite reasonable. We are essentially giving them a measurable chunk of land out of Israeli territory on their historic grounds, and they should be happy with that. I agree that they shouldn't be allowed to have an army and that they must unequivocally recognize Israel as an independent state. Also, there should be some provision for the Palestinians to be required to share land equally with Israel.

If the Palestinians refuse, it only shows that they are not interested in peace.

Yerda

Veteran Member
If they refuse, it might also show that some of the terms offered them are unfair.
This possibility seems to strike people as nigh on impossible, yet I've read accounts of peace talks being rather unfairly leveraged to Israel's interests.

Are such reports regarded as dodgy interpretations of what went on, or simply lies?

kai

ragamuffin
This possibility seems to strike people as nigh on impossible, yet I've read accounts of peace talks being rather unfairly leveraged to Israel's interests.

Are such reports regarded as dodgy interpretations of what went on, or simply lies?

we would have to look at these reports to make a judgement , of course the terms in all such talks are biased to each side, by each side, and then negotiated upon.

Poisonshady313

Perhaps if there's a particular meeting you have in mind, we can do a little research and post our findings here, to see whether or not either side was asking for too much, or not giving enough.

TheKnight

Guardian of Life
I think Israel should offer the Palestinians Israeli citizenship. Then it would be up to the Palestinians to either become Israeli citizens or leave.

Poisonshady313

To get the ball rolling, I think I'll suggest we take a look at the Taba Summit of 2001. Perhaps you can come back with your understanding of the terms involved, and your view regarding what seemed fair or not.