• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pakistan Threatens Google, Wikipedia for Sharing ‘Sacrilegious Content’ Online

danieldemol

Premium Member
'Islamabad, December 26: Pakistan has reportedly threatened internet giants Google and Wikipedia and have sent notice to them over 'sacrilegious content' which comprises of content like caricatures of Prophet Mohammed and an 'unauthentic' version of the Quran- the Holy Book of the Muslims. According to reports, the Pakistani regulators on Friday decried internet giants Google and Wikipedia for "disseminating sacrilegious content." The Pakistani regulator said that in case the platforms remain non-compliant, PTA shall be constrained to initiate further action under Prevention of Electronic Crimes Act 2016 (PECA) and Rules 2020.'

Read more here: Pakistan Threatens Google, Wikipedia for Sharing ‘Sacrilegious Content’ Online, Calls for Immediate Removal of ‘Unlawful Content’ From Its Platforms

Quetzal

A little to the left and slightly out of focus.
Premium Member
Islamabad, December 26: Pakistan has reportedly threatened internet giants Google and Wikipedia and have sent notice to them over 'sacrilegious content' which comprises of content like caricatures of Prophet Mohammed and an 'unauthentic' version of the Quran- the Holy Book of the Muslims.
Uh oh, they better not look at my MySpace page.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
'Islamabad, December 26: Pakistan has reportedly threatened internet giants Google and Wikipedia and have sent notice to them over 'sacrilegious content' which comprises of content like caricatures of Prophet Mohammed and an 'unauthentic' version of the Quran- the Holy Book of the Muslims. According to reports, the Pakistani regulators on Friday decried internet giants Google and Wikipedia for "disseminating sacrilegious content." The Pakistani regulator said that in case the platforms remain non-compliant, PTA shall be constrained to initiate further action under Prevention of Electronic Crimes Act 2016 (PECA) and Rules 2020.'

Read more here: Pakistan Threatens Google, Wikipedia for Sharing ‘Sacrilegious Content’ Online, Calls for Immediate Removal of ‘Unlawful Content’ From Its Platforms
Clearly they did not learn from Paris and Netherlands (drawing). Unbelievable, or probably not. Religious dogma = spiritual ego is incurable.

The West need to be more strict I guess, because they are used to cutting off hands when people steal, so talk obviously is not enough.