• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pagan? i can't think of an interesting title...

Mike182

Flaming Queer
hello, my fellow Pagans!

i know there was a thread on this a while ago, but i want a new one!

what are the different deffinitions of Pagan/Neo Pagan? which one do you accept?

all are welcome to answer!

BFD_Zayl

uhhh......neo pagan means "new pagan" so....i guess it would be a new religion? heh, i have no clue.....now that i think about it i should not have posted

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
Mike182 said:
hello, my fellow Pagans!

i know there was a thread on this a while ago, but i want a new one!

what are the different deffinitions of Pagan/Neo Pagan? which one do you accept?

all are welcome to answer!

Definitions? Hmm... There's so many, and some that apply to some traditions and some that apply to others and some that apply to none. I'm not sure how to describe it.

Kcnorwood

I'd have to say Neo-Paganism is more or less a mix of the old & new belifes.
We believe in the same things as Pagans do & have the same holidays & same Sabaths.

Zephyr

Moved on
I consider traditionalists to be Pagans, and newer systems to be neo-pagan. If someone is mixing old and new, they are a neopagan, and if they are just following old ideas, then they are a plain old pagan, although I would generally refer to them by the proper title.

Draka

Wonder Woman
I would say that "Paganism" is to a collection of many beliefs stemming from older beliefs that are more nature and multiple deity centered as "Christianity" is to its many denominations.

A "Pagan" is anyone who follows any of these beliefs or religions.

"Neo-Paganism" is integrating modernized thought and technology into older belief systems. It is reconstructionist beliefs reconstructed by use of more modern ideas and tools. Especially since so much has changed through these many hundreds and thousands of years and the way of worshipping in the past is simply not done now.

Therefore, nowadays, with the advent of computers and our many other technological advancements that we take advantage of in the way that we worship, and taking into account the vast diversity that the world presents us with, we are mostly all Pagans utilizing Neo-Pagan methods to follow our various beliefs in Paganism . ;)