• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Overcoming same-sex attraction

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
We are all sinners. Everyone is worthy of damnation. Including mormons. The only reason ANYONE has a shot at salvation is due to the fact that Jesus died for us.

No human is capable of committing anything that's proportionate to damnation. "Sin" is a human invention. The only wrong is to victimize the innocent.

Agnostic75

nekoboy said:
They aren't dead because they are gay. They are dead because of diseases they picked up from whatever sexual activities they participated in.

Agnostic75 said:
But that is nowhere near your primary argument. Consider a hypothetical person named John Smith. He is a heterosexual. He detests homosexuality. He agrees with your positions about non-denominational prayer in schools, gun control, the family, and world population. He has a wonderful wife, and a large family, and is a loving husband and father. He donates a lot of his time and money to charitable causes.

John sounds like your kind of guy, but he is an atheist. He has studied the Bible, and Mormonism extensively, and has rejected both. How will John's heterosexuality, his excellent character, and his agreement with you about those issues help him after he dies, and God judges him?

nekoboy said:
We are all sinners. Everyone is worthy of damnation. Including Mormons. The only reason ANYONE has a shot at salvation is due to the fact that Jesus died for us.

Ultimately, how are unsaved homosexuals different from unsaved heterosexuals, and unsaved Buddhists?

Please provide evidence that God inspired and preserved all of the original Bible, including the parts about homosexuality.

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
We are all sinners. Everyone is worthy of damnation. Including mormons. The only reason ANYONE has a shot at salvation is due to the fact that Jesus died for us.

This presupposes your belief that Jesus is God and there is a hell. But what if I don't believe it?

Apex

Somewhere Around Nothing

This doesn't even sound like something a Mormon would say...

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member

From my experience with LDS members, I agree. :)

Neko, I do sincerely think you're really struggling right now. My heart goes out to you, and I hope you have someone to talk with.

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
I agree! Have you ever heard a talk in church saying we're all deserving of damnation? I know I haven't. Yes, we've all sinned and we all need a Savior in order to be reconciled to God, but this language is way atypical of the way Mormons generally think.

Me Myself

Back to my username

We are sinners, but we are also Jesus. Jesus said this even before his cross.

We may be sinners, but we are also saints, even if only in the most deep of our beings.

Our souls are the breath of God, his love.

this love can never be corrupted.

So yes, we are evil, but we are also divine. And the evil will pass. And the divine will trascend.

Me Myself

Back to my username
Where did Jesus say we're Him?

We're children of God, so we can't be quite a bad as some would like to paint us.

ome, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world: 35For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in: 36Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me. 37Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink? 38When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee? 39Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee? 40And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

We're children of God, so we can't be quite a bad as some would like to paint us.

Indeed.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
I suppress my own tendencies toward vorarephilia, and yet I am quite happy with the decision.
Just to get back on topic you do realize you compared a fetish with an orientation don't you? And plenty of people have fantasies that they don't go through with for a good reason. In your case there aren't many things on the body that can be eaten that aren't vital. Or if your desire is to be entirely eaten alive, then obviously it's something you shouldn't go through with. Some men fantasize about having their genitals removed, but for obvious reasons anyone hardly ever actually goes through with it. It isn't too uncommon for some women to have rape fantasies, but yet no one actually wants to be raped.
However a sexual orientation is one's most basic sexual identification. You like men, women, both, neither, it doesn't matter, or however people express their sex or gender of preference for sexual encounters. A fetish are the desired and sometimes preferred sexual acts. And when an object of fetish must be present for sexual gratification and/or arousal, it becomes a sexual paraphilia (the more proper and more accurate term for sexual deviant/disorder/whatever).

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
ome, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world: 35For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in: 36Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me. 37Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink? 38When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee? 39Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee? 40And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.
Okay, I think I see where you're coming from. I personally don't believe that Jesus was saying that we're Him, but that He considers our behavior towards other people (either good or bad) to be as if we'd treated Him personally the same way. But if we were truly Him, we wouldn't need Him as our Savior, would we? He has done something for us that we are incapable of doing for ourselves.
As a matter of fact, the (unofficial) LDS position is that we are "gods in embryo."

Last edited: