• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Outwitting the Devil

Jeremiah Ames

Well, shoot, I started reading a little bit from your link.

Now I think I’m hooked.

So, I have talked with the devil numerous times.

I don’t seek him out, it’s the other way around.

I used to listen to his crap, but now I just give him the boot when he shows up.

Maybe he’ll get the hint someday.

Anyway, thanks for the book. And I would guess (I haven’t read it yet) that he did interview the devil.

Have you read it?

an anarchist

Your local anarchist.
Well, shoot, I started reading a little bit from your link.

Now I think I’m hooked.

So, I have talked with the devil numerous times.

I don’t seek him out, it’s the other way around.

I used to listen to his crap, but now I just give him the boot when he shows up.

Maybe he’ll get the hint someday.

Anyway, thanks for the book. And I would guess (I haven’t read it yet) that he did interview the devil.

Have you read it?
Yes, the book changed my worldview completely and in some ways my life. Not exaggerating, it’s a sacred text for me.
If you want to skip to the actual interview that’s like on page *50, but I think the whole book is worthwhile.

Jeremiah Ames

Yes, the book changed my worldview completely and in some ways my life. Not exaggerating, it’s a sacred text for me.
If you want to skip to the actual interview that’s like on page *50, but I think the whole book is worthwhile.
I started it, and I am definitely hooked.
I will keep you posted how it goes.

Jeremiah Ames

There was no scam to be made from this book. It was published in 2011, decades after his death. His wife was scared of the contents of the book and convinced him not to publish it. His eventual grandkids were the ones who did.

Well, Xavier, I got to the devil and it’s quite incredible.

So incredible to me, because of the way “Mr. Earthbound” describes these things has so far been almost exactly as I see it all. Right down to the atoms.

One scary thing that I thought differently:
I thought the devil controls 90% of the people.
The devil claims it’s 98%.
Oops.

Last edited:

Jeremiah Ames

Page 79 gives us the reason behind the republicans desire to NOT give any help to the poor, the sick and the aged.
And it also speaks about dishonest government and unethical business practices.
But then, some of us already knew who the the republican party bows down to.

an anarchist

Your local anarchist.
Well, Xavier, I got to the devil and it’s quite incredible.

So incredible to me, because of the way “Mr. Earthbound” describes these things has so far been almost exactly as I see it all. Right down to the atoms.

One scary thing that I thought differently:
I thought the devil controls 90% of the people.
The devil claims it’s 98%.
Oops.
The “other self” he describes,,, it fits with the Hindu / Buddhist teaching of “ inner self” and the discovery of it, I believe that’s what he came across, which for me validates it more .

Jeremiah Ames

The “other self” he describes,,, it fits with the Hindu / Buddhist teaching of “ inner self” and the discovery of it, I believe that’s what he came across, which for me validates it more .

Exactly. I have not heard that concept taught in Christianity, while I attempted to attend church. It may have been, but I was too busy battling all the negative thoughts I had about my inability to fit in because I was unable to make any sense out of all the doctrine, dogma and tradition they were trying to feed me.
Then I found a “spiritual guru” who led me to truth, and I no longer had any desire to go to a church.
That’s why this book resonates so well. Lots of negative church experiences, and the desire to understand what the problem was. I evolved from thinking I was the problem to the realization that Christianity has been the problem pretty much for 2000 years. Explains why so many people are turning to atheism, in our modern world. More access to truth, and the churches are losing their control over people’s minds.

I’m 2/3 of the way through. Will probably finish tomorrow.