• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Outsourcing of brain

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
Hola beautiful people.
And all the rest of you somewhat dubious individuals who've wandered into this thread.

I'm bored. Not because I have nothing to do (I have a pile of work), but because work is boring. Thinking about my RF signature is much more interesting. Yes, the bar really is that low. I mean, outlining dependencies and risk mitigation strategies? Phhht. I can barely type it without yawning.

I want to change my sig.
I'm not asking for sig ideas, per se. That takes the fun out of it. As a child of the nineties, I'm convinced that some drug-addled rocker or another has the answer to pretty much everything in life, if only we can pick apart their wailing.

So, what I'm looking for are topics.
Then I can play my nineties playlists while I work, and perhaps stumble across a little song snippet that speaks to the topic!

Meh, just roll with it.
Recently I was taken with topics like non-binary decisions (used some lyrics from the Beauty of Gray for that one), seizing life (something by the Hilltop Hoods from memory) and most recently something a little more esoteric from the Smashing Pumpkins that kinda spoke to me about false certainties.

So, fire away. Something larger and looser is better than small and trendy. Whilst I might be able to stretch a nineties lyric to seem like it's talking about COVID, isolation would be a much better general topic to pursue.

Any ideas accepted. There is no winner, although if any of this leads to a brain fart and I update my sig, I'll give a tip of the hat to contributing folks.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
How about something aimed at beautiful people and others?

Or a word or few about your aluminium foil hat that you intend to tip?

Just thinking out loud you understand?

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
Well, it is as subjective as it gets. But from my wild days it would be Pink Floyd. The early one for the feelings and the late one for the politics.
The rest is in Danish, so that won't help you.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Urdu couplet:

"Bewajah hi dekhā hai pareshān tumhe Hāmid; Deewāne bhi nahin lag'te, ashiq bhi nahin ho."

(O Hamid, I have seen you troubled without any reason, neither you seem to be mad nor you seem to be in love)
Hāmid Saleem