• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

outrage with islam

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
Jeez, Auto... guy's a former Muslim, how could he have not read it? :p
Then he's forgetting. That's the kindest explanation I can give. I could give you dozens of extremely violent quranic verses. I can't imagine how on earth he can characterize the quran as not being violent.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
1. Ymir gave you 9 of the most respected translations.
2. What interpretation do the overwhelming majority of the world's Muslims use?
At this point the debate will devolve into the meaning of given Arabic words. One still has to wonder why so many devout Muslims would willfully misinterpret the verse. I'm guessing that Crimsonlung will have a rather entertaining explanation. What is equally puzzling is that devout Muslims in Saudi Arabia still take this quite literally. I would think they know how to speak Arabic.. but... evidently not, according to some.

Oh... and CrimsonLung... I do not generally Google results or rely much on Wikipedia to make slap-dash posts. It's just not my style.
The site I got the quotes from is: http://www.islamawakened.com/Quran/
and I have been a return visitor to the site for well over a year. I highly recommend it.

Last edited:

kai

ragamuffin
This is the big mistake people make with Islam. There is culture, and there is religion. In Saudia Arabia, they still cut your hands off if you steal, thats not in the Koran. And ofcoarse the modern day terrorists blowing themselves up killing innocents, that is not in the Koran either The Koran is actually very peacefull.

Its the natural law carried down from generation to generation that allow this brutality. If you went to Jordan, you would see that its alot like America, women walk around the street without scarves or hijabs (full dress) and they look much like how the women here look.

What I don't like about Islam is how it treats women with half the worth of a man, for example, every 2 women witnesses in Islamic court = 1 man witness.

Makes you wonder where they get it from doesnt it?

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
the pakistani woman mother of 5, who they say will be hanged for speaking against the prophet

World Blog - Christian woman faces death for blasphemy

I find it hard to believe people are so barbaric in modern times.

Religion practiced like this should be outlawed IMHO

Im at a loss for words over this ignornce and should stop now beofre i get in trouble.

Is this more religion or more local custom or culture?

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
The people who claim this woman should be killed for blasphemy because Islam calls for it are Muslims. It's not we infidels telling Pakistanis and Yemenis and Palestinians that killing blasphemers and apostates is Islamic, it's them telling us. It would be arrogant in the extreme for me to tell them what their language and their religion really means. I think that's really up to them to decide.

Are these people infidels?

freedom-speech-un.jpg
79985694.jpg
LondonProtest.jpg
be.prepared.real.holocaust.jpg
6a00d8341c60bf53ef010536d8bf47970b-800wi
blasphem-islam_1492385c.jpg
pakfacebook550x323-vi.jpg
mus9.jpg

Last edited:

outhouse

Atheistically
Is this more religion or more local custom or culture?

This was religion.

Lets recap this

A woman is pulled from her house screaming in terror because she is 1 of 2 christian familys in the village, surrounded by muslims. the reigious difference was enough and really all this boils down to and primitive islams hate for infidels.

This islam hate of christians is why this woman may die.

Its sickening how these primitive barbarians live and how they let there beliefs control there very lives. When your as poor as dirt and you have nothing, religion is all you have and you will waves it flags however you feel.

Ill state for anyone who doesnt know me. I have a problem with all religions but this case of murdering a mother of 5 for her different beliefs ONLY! really upsets me.

No lets all duck our heads in the sand and call it cultural differneces, lets all deny religion when its not all warm and fuzzy. Well buddy as long as history has been around religion has never been all warm and fuzzy. It includes and brings out in humans, murder, torture and hate so severe its held back the growth of humanity since time began

Last edited:

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
This was religion.

Lets recap this

A woman is pulled from her house screaming in terror because she is 1 of 2 christian familys in the village, surrounded by muslims. the reigious difference was enough and really all this boils down to and primitive islams hate for infidels.

This islam hate of christians is why this woman may die.

Its sickening how these primitive barbarians live and how they let there beliefs control there very lives. When your as poor as dirt and you have nothing, religion is all you have and you will waves it flags however you feel.

Ill state for anyone who doesnt know me. I have a problem with all religions but this case of murdering a mother of 5 for her different beliefs ONLY! really upsets me.

No lets all duck our heads in the sand and call it cultural differneces, lets all deny religion when its not all warm and fuzzy. Well buddy as long as history has been around religion has never been all warm and fuzzy. It includes and brings out in humans, murder, torture and hate so severe its held back the growth of humanity since time began

Can you show that the laws under which this woman would be put to death are derived from scripture or religious tradition, rather than from other elements of the local culture? The reason I wonder about this is because it seems you can find people who want to kill those who disagree with their favorite beliefs anywhere in the world. It's easy to see it as a human tendency, rather than as the product of any specific religion.

My hunch is the intolerance is already there but the religion acts in this instance to fan the flames of intolerance. But that's just my guess.

Last edited:

kai

ragamuffin
Thank you! It's quite interesting, but it leaves open where the harsh laws come from.

the laws come from scholars not all agree with the death penalty you take your pick of scholars to suit your political ideals in my opinion.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
the laws come from scholars not all agree with the death penalty you take your pick of scholars to suit your political ideals in my opinion.

Are the scholars specifically religious scholars?

You're probably right about taking your pick to suite your ideals. That's how things usually work the world over, don't they?

outhouse

Atheistically
Can you show that the laws under which this woman would be put to death are derived from scripture or religious tradition, rather than from other elements of the local culture? The reason I wonder about this is because it seems you can find people who want to kill those who disagree with their favorite beliefs anywhere in the world. It's easy to see it as a human tendency, rather than as the product of any specific religion.

My hunch is the intolerance is already there but the religion acts in this instance to fan the flames of intolerance. But that's just my guess.

one word

blasphemy

kai

ragamuffin
Are the scholars specifically religious scholars?Yes religious scholars

You're probably right about taking your pick to suite your ideals. That's how things usually work the world over, don't they?

yes that how it goes the world over when Governments insist they are backed by holy books etc.

.lava

Veteran Member
Thank you, .lava. It is bad enough when Muslims bend the meaning of the Qur'an, but it is worse when non-Muslims tell us things are not written that actually are. *sigh*

So much ignorance... so little time...

My guess is that crimsonlung doesn't know much about what he is talking about.

i was not looking down on him. i had to chose between saying it in private or in public and i decided public to show respect to others. he has an opinion and it clearly does not fit what you want to hear, that's all. now don't thank me because my intention was never give chance to people like you to look down upon him and stop pretending being my friend

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
i was not looking down on him. i had to chose between saying it in private or in public and i decided public to show respect to others. he has an opinion and it clearly does not fit what you want to hear, that's all. now don't thank me because my intention was never give chance to people like you to look down upon him and stop pretending being my friend

I haven't pretended to be your friend for a long time, .lava. Not what I wanted to hear. Oh, get real? Am I not even allowed to agree with you now? That is rich. By claiming that there is "debate" about the passage effectively nullifies his argument that the passage says what he says it does. Go fricken figure.

Sahar

What is the gain for a non Muslim to deliberately twist the Qur'an like this? To pretend that you defend Islam and make it look better? Islam doesn't need you to do this. And most importantly, making Islam look better is not going to be by lies and twisting...
The last thing; the non Muslim understanding of the Qur'an and Islam is completely irrelevant.

crimsonlung

I haven't pretended to be your friend for a long time, .lava. Not what I wanted to hear. Oh, get real? Am I not even allowed to agree with you now? That is rich. By claiming that there is "debate" about the passage effectively nullifies his argument that the passage says what he says it does. Go fricken figure.

How does it nullify my argument? You are showing me English translations, and I gave you sources to the truth. My family is Muslim and I have talked to many Sheiks about this both in the Middle East and in the States, whats your credibility? Copy and paste off Google?

regardless of all that, you are not even looking at the next sura:

5:39 But if the thief repents after his crime, and amends his conduct, Allah turneth to him in forgiveness; for Allah is Oft-forgiving, Most Merciful.
Faman taba min baAAdi thulmihiwaaslaha fa-inna Allaha yatoobu AAalayhiinna Allaha ghafoorun raheemun

So the thief has a chance to repent before "Having his hands cut off"
Excuse me but, are u a muslim ????