• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Out of death awakenings

FineLinen

Friends: There is so little we understand.

The following video is of a man who experienced what is known as an aortic aneurysm that dissected. The procedure (for the few that survive) involves the removal of ones heart to repair the damage.

FineLinen

max-lucado-354256.jpg

FineLinen

This doctor had an experience of being burned over large areas of his body and died. His story follows...

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I've read a number of accounts of NDE's, mostly but not all positive. Some have even included hearing and knowing things with no explanation because their body was not in the room. And often people have been changed much for the better due to what happened to them.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
We will never know the truth of the matter. But one thing is certain. We did come out of that abyss that we are going to return to once again.

FineLinen

I've read a number of accounts of NDE's, mostly but not all positive. Some have even included hearing and knowing things with no explanation because their body was not in the room. And often people have been changed much for the better due to what happened to them.

There are indeed those who have experienced dark episodes, but there are large segments who recall life transforming events.

One of them is the following helicopter pilot....

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
NDE is a local phenomenon, that is in the person's mind. It is not related to anything else, i.e., last gymnastic of mind. Then either the person is revived or he dies. If the person revives, he/she is not likely to have a clear remembrance of what his/her mind imagined. Most people will make up stories.

FineLinen

NDE is a local phenomenon, that is in the person's mind. It is not related to anything else, i.e., last gymnastic of mind. Then either the person is revived or he dies. If the person revives, he/she is not likely to have a clear remembrance of what his/her mind imagined. Most people will make up stories.

You cannot speak for "most people", nor the gymnastics that "most people" do in their workouts! I trust your workouts will be enhanced as you visit the Gym.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Wikipedia reports this: For the second patient, however, it was possible to verify the accuracy of the experience and to show that awareness occurred paradoxically some minutes after the heart stopped, at a time when "the brain ordinarily stops functioning and cortical activity becomes isoelectric." The experience was not compatible with an illusion, imaginary event or hallucination since visual (other than of ceiling shelves' images) and auditory awareness could be corroborated.[33]

So what some people do is not important. What can be verified is important.

FineLinen

Wikipedia reports this: For the second patient, however, it was possible to verify the accuracy of the experience and to show that awareness occurred paradoxically some minutes after the heart stopped, at a time when "the brain ordinarily stops functioning and cortical activity becomes isoelectric." The experience was not compatible with an illusion, imaginary event or hallucination since visual (other than of ceiling shelves' images) and auditory awareness could be corroborated.[33]

So what some people do is not important. What can be verified is important.

Sun Rise: Thank you for the link. There is a common ground among many who have experienced NDE's. The indescribable light and love that is impossible to articulate in mere words is at the foundation.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Wikipedia reports this: For the second patient, however, it was possible to verify the accuracy of the experience and to show that awareness occurred paradoxically some minutes after the heart stopped, at a time when "the brain ordinarily stops functioning and cortical activity becomes isoelectric." The experience was not compatible with an illusion, imaginary event or hallucination since visual (other than of ceiling shelves' images) and auditory awareness could be corroborated.
Out of a 100 patients, only one is somewhat believable with the condition "when the brain ordinarily stops functioning and cortical activity becomes isoelectric." What if it was not among those ordinary cases and the brain was still functioning? How many minutes after heart stopped functioning?
And is the reported happening corroborated by other evidence - existence of God, soul, etc.? What is the related evidence - none.
The indescribable light and love that is impossible to articulate in mere words is at the foundation.
It is a white-out after death and not a black-out. As simple as that.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
"I became somewhat angry at the line of questioning. I could tell that he wanted to get enough information to somehow intervene from Arizona. But I didn’t want an intervention. What I wanted was good conversation in the final moments of my life." Raymond Moody
Yeah, I want good talk by my wife and daughter if they are around at that time and specifically, no weeping.
"These people say that they will never again try to kill themselves, not because they fear going to hell, but because they have learned that life does have a purpose." Raymond Moody
Life has a purpose that which you give to it.

FineLinen

John Burke is an engineer who has written a book regarding numerous NDE's. Not all experiences are the same, but worthy of contemplation.

Last edited:

FineLinen

“The part of my brain that was responsible for creating the world I lived and moved in and for taking the raw data that came in through my senses and fashioning it into a meaningful universe: that part of my brain was down, and out. And yet despite all of this, I had been alive, and aware, truly aware, in a universe characterized above all by love, consciousness, and reality. There was, for me, simply no arguing this fact. I knew it so completely that I ached.” - Eben Alexander III M.D.

There are realms of experience in the human drama existing beyond the "norm".

Dr. Eban Elexander

About Eben Alexander, M.D. - Read the Biography

FineLinen

Roy L. Hill obtained his bachelor’s degree in psychology at the University of Arizona and his doctorate degree in clinical psychology at Nova Southeastern University.

He has worked as a psychologist in corrections, both as a clinician and supervisor, for over 19 years. Following several life changing experiences, Roy delved into the topic of NDE's.

"I have worked as a clinical psychologist for twenty years in several prisons. One day, about twelve years ago, I learned that an inmate’s sister had died as a result of an automobile accident."

I placed him on suicide watch after he endorsed voices telling him to kill himself. On the second day, the inmate stated that his depression and suicidal ideation had disappeared. The inmate stated that his deceased sister was freely talking to him.
Specifically, the sister informed him that she now existed in a better place and that he should not be grieving for her on suicide watch but living with purpose. Normally, I would be cautious. However, I also knew that auditory hallucinations, especially from depressed patients, are cryptic and negative. I had yet to meet any psychotic person who experienced comforting or helpful voices. I made the call to take the inmate off suicide watch on the condition that I would see him early the next morning.

The next morning, I asked the inmate if his deceased sister was still talking to him. He answered, “Yes. She is telling me that you do not believe me. And so that you shall believe, she has a message for you.”

With some trepidation, I gingerly asked, “What is her message?”

He answered, “Quarter, the coin.”

The inmate left. About fifteen minutes later another inmate came to see me on a scheduled appointment. Ranting about the hypocrisy of the United States government, he offered this challenge, “Do you know what is written on a quarter?!”
I immediately answered without thinking, “In God We Trust”.

The inmate pointed a finger at me and said with authority, “That’s right!”
I immediately felt blood rush down from my head. The temporal occurrence of the “quarter” revelation could not be a coincidence – no one had asked me that question before.

The next day I talked to the first inmate and asked him whether his sister revealed more information. He said, “Yes. She said that your wife is pregnant, you will have a son, and he will be born on Christmas day.” Indeed, the first points I knew were true. But would my son be born on Christmas day? Christmas day came and went without a birth; my son was born on January 7th. For the next eleven years I was troubled at this inconsistency. Then it came to me that my faith was being tested. So, on a leap of faith, I decided to have enough faith to Google Christmas and January 7th.

Amazingly, a number of “hits” came up on the search engine. It turns out that much of Christendom today uses the old Roman Julian calendar. That wasn’t always so. There was a time when Christendom used the Gregorian calendar, otherwise known as the Christian calendar. In fact, over a half billion Orthodox members still celebrate Christmas on January 7th to this very day.