• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Our Virtual Ashram

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Y’know, that’s good point. I’m too conscious of my surroundings. And too self-conscious. It’s that damn social anxiety. Temple is about the only place besides work where I encounter a lot of people. I even avoid work functions. But I went to temple Sunday afternoon just to spend time, no pujas going on. I sat and did a couple of rounds of japa. A lot of people came in and did their thing. I sat and before I knew it I was there almost 2 hours. I hated to leave.

:shrug:
That's how, and when I go. Not because of social anxiety, but more just because I prefer quiet. Similar to going shopping Tuesday AM instead of Saturday afternoon.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
It is beautiful even for an staunch atheist, being alone with oneself, whether in a temple or in a wilderness.
I would say 'essential' also applies. No opportunity to allow others to do your thinking for you. I remember as a child of about 14 or 15, just when I was trying to figure it all out, of going for long 3 to 6 hour walks through nature. I was fortunate that we lived in a fairly isolated rural area. One spot was at least a mile, maybe 2, away from any structure where humans inhabited.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
We are finally saying good-bye to the cotton quilts (silk covers) that were given to us at the time of our marriage in 1967 (53 years). The cotton is still good for use. We will perhaps make pillows or mattress out of it. We made two children under them. Though with the current quality of work in Delhi, it will not last even two or three years. :)

Last edited:

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
-waves-

Vanakkam everyone ♥️

How are you doing in these difficult Times ?

Yes I am a ghost, I know

C11F7DC8-8A91-459F-B790-08741F1B89BE.jpeg

Me too. I’m kind of scarce these days. Still unemployed (furloughed), working on getting settled into our new condo, still depressed and getting more so as this lockdown drags on, and the threat of unemployment benefits expiring in July.

Nyingjé Tso

Tänpa Yungdrung zhab pä tän gyur jig
View attachment 40511

Me too. I’m kind of scarce these days. Still unemployed (furloughed), working on getting settled into our new condo, still depressed and getting more so as this lockdown drags on, and the threat of unemployment benefits expiring in July.

Vanakkam

Yeah, I was kinda worried not to see you much around on Facebook but I'm glad you're healthy and settled !

Is there no hint of reopening on your side ? D: or at least any possibility for hire and work from home ?

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
Vanakkam

Yeah, I was kinda worried not to see you much around on Facebook but I'm glad you're healthy and settled !

Is there no hint of reopening on your side ? D: or at least any possibility for hire and work from home ?

Our governor (I never thought I could hate anyone as much as I hate that jackwagon, God forgive me) keeps extending the “health crisis” and keeping businesses closed. Now it’s the beginning of July. He’s squeezing us, and giving us little by little. He’s trying to get federal aid to balance the budget.

A coworker told me they’re going to start back in the office 3 days a week. They’ve been working from home but I haven’t heard anything about us who are furloughed. I fear this may be an excuse for the company to cut back. If they’ve done without us for 2 months... :shrug:

Unfortunately if I remember correctly the company said they’d provide benefits for 3 months. That will be July 5th. After that if I’m still not working I will have no health coverage or life insurance. And now unemployment has gotten stupid with payments. They owe me $1200 for the past 2 weeks, another $600 this week.

I do a mantra daily to Lord Hanuman for my job. He helped once before.But I’m more despairing now than I was then, so I hope he doesn’t think I’m faithless I’m just scared. And I know that what will be will be if it has to be, prayers notwithstanding. But I continue everyday.

Sorry to sound whiny, but as desperate as this sounds for me others have it worse. Some small businesses have closed permanently. Some people are still not getting unemployment even after 2 months. So yeah, it’s pretty bad here. :(

Nyingjé Tso

Tänpa Yungdrung zhab pä tän gyur jig
Our governor (I never thought I could hate anyone as much as I hate that jackwagon, God forgive me) keeps extending the “health crisis” and keeping businesses closed. Now it’s the beginning of July. He’s squeezing us, and giving us little by little. He’s trying to get federal aid to balance the budget.

A coworker told me they’re going to start back in the office 3 days a week. They’ve been working from home but I haven’t heard anything about us who are furloughed. I fear this may be an excuse for the company to cut back. If they’ve done without us for 2 months... :shrug:

Unfortunately if I remember correctly the company said they’d provide benefits for 3 months. That will be July 5th. After that if I’m still not working I will have no health coverage or life insurance. And now unemployment has gotten stupid with payments. They owe me $1200 for the past 2 weeks, another $600 this week.

I do a mantra daily to Lord Hanuman for my job. He helped once before.But I’m more despairing now than I was then, so I hope he doesn’t think I’m faithless I’m just scared. And I know that what will be will be if it has to be, prayers notwithstanding. But I continue everyday.

Sorry to sound whiny, but as desperate as this sounds for me others have it worse. Some small businesses have closed permanently. Some people are still not getting unemployment even after 2 months. So yeah, it’s pretty bad here. :(

Hey don't apologise about anything, it's not your fault ans it's absolutely normal to be scared :0 I find you even very brave to be able to handle this.

Let's Hope it's settled by July then... Isn't there any way for you to scrap some money while they process what they owe to you ?

Stupid online things like surveys or testing Can be done remotely and temporary being a little something on the table :/

Hang in there Jai ♥️

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
Hey don't apologise about anything, it's not your fault ans it's absolutely normal to be scared :0 I find you even very brave to be able to handle this.

Let's Hope it's settled by July then... Isn't there any way for you to scrap some money while they process what they owe to you ?

Stupid online things like surveys or testing Can be done remotely and temporary being a little something on the table :/

Hang in there Jai ♥️

Thanks. :)

Fortunately they started catching up with the payments. This hold up affect a lot of people. The governor said it was a banking glitch, but that was an outright lie. He’s been squeezing us, holding funds hostage, and blaming the bank... Bank of America, one of the largest banks in the country. If I got a part time job it would just be to alleviate boredom. The state would adjust benefits to keep it the same amount as I’m getting now. And with the way the system is so fouled up it would be a nightmare getting paid. We’re at the state’s mercy. :(

Martin

Spam, wonderful spam (bloody vikings!)

It's been very tough for people here in the UK too. Lots of people are currently furloughed on 80% of wages, though it's likely there will be more redundancies due to some businesses folding. We're lucky to have the NHS here, so we don't have to worry about paying for health care.
I'm retired, and feel fortunate to be in that position, not having to worry about jobs and income like a lot of people.
Anyway, eventually things will return to a new normal, and I hope most people will come out of it OK.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
First time in more than 20 years that our group of families did not congregate for 'Raksha Bandhan'. Don't know if things will improve by 'Bhai Dooj' (that is the second day after Diwali)?

Meanwhile, great celebrations all over India with the consecration of land (Bhoomi Pujan) for construction of Rama temple at the place where the Babri mosque existed. The whole day is being telecast by all news channels. Prime Minister Modi attends the ritual at 11:30. Home Minister Amit Shah and Petroleu/Steel Minister Pradhan have tested +ve. Environment Minister Babul Supriyo in quarantine.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
That is not possible. It is at the end of Kaliyuga 425,000 years from now. But crossing these many years, the name of the Lord will be helpful.

They say, that is the easiest thing in the world, Nama Japa.
"Ram se bada Ram ka naam" Anoop Jalota (The name of the Lord is greater than the Lord Himself)

Sw. Vandana Jyothi

Truth is One, many are the Names
Premium Member
That is not possible. It is at the end of Kaliyuga 425,000 years from now. But crossing these many years, the name of the Lord will be helpful.

They say, that is the easiest thing in the world, Nama Japa.
"Ram se bada Ram ka naam" Anoop Jalota (The name of the Lord is greater than the Lord Himself)

Why, Aupji, spoken like a true bhakta! Nama Japa is the divine dispensation for this age. But you know very well that dear Sri Krishna can change His plans re incarnating any ol' time He feels like it. Never a good idea to tell God something is not possible, especially if the lament of His devotees is sincere. Besides, some portion of His delight in His lila surely must be in demonstrating His power over possibilities. Especially to atheists. ;)

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
The date has been decided by the omniscient Lord. Kaliyuga has right through this period. Did not Pareeksheet accept it?