• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Our Virtual Ashram

StarryNightshade

Spiritually confused Jew
Premium Member
Hi everyone!
I love the horse and the tiger sign. The horse reminds me of a Swedish Dalahäst, dalahäst - Google Search
even though they aren´t blue.

I have been extremely busy lately, that is why I have not been here much. Hope everyone is well?

Maya

I'm doing very well. How about yourself?

Been primarily looking for a new job and getting into sadhana (slowly but surely). Also planning for a trip to India later this year and I'm more than likely going to take the GRE in a few months.

Maya3

I'm doing very well. How about yourself?

Been primarily looking for a new job and getting into sadhana (slowly but surely). Also planning for a trip to India later this year and I'm more than likely going to take the GRE in a few months.

I´m doing very good, I´m excited, my husband and I are going to Florida next week!

Oh you are going to India that is wonderful. I want to go there too I have never been.
Good luck with you sadhana, slowly but securely is the best way with everything, I really believe that.

Maya

Makaranda

I have arrived in Kolkata!

There was a flight delay so we ended up in a nice hotel in Qatar for the night and came to Kolkata early this morning.

First impressions are overwhelming! We took a stroll down Tollygunge Road (we are in South Kolkata) as life swarmed all around us. We had to come back to our guest house for a lie down. Later today we hope to go on the Metro and have a look around the North.

Hopefully in the next couple of days we can go to Dakshineshwar, Khaligat and Belur Math. We decided to stay for an extra day because the room is so lovely and we want to adjust to the craziness gradually. :)

Chakra

Premium Member
I have arrived in Kolkata!

There was a flight delay so we ended up in a nice hotel in Qatar for the night and came to Kolkata early this morning.

First impressions are overwhelming! We took a stroll down Tollygunge Road (we are in South Kolkata) as life swarmed all around us. We had to come back to our guest house for a lie down. Later today we hope to go on the Metro and have a look around the North.

Hopefully in the next couple of days we can go to Dakshineshwar, Khaligat and Belur Math. We decided to stay for an extra day because the room is so lovely and we want to adjust to the craziness gradually. :)
If you don't mind me asking, are you Indian?

Makaranda

I don't mind. Not Indian.

First day is over. We figured out the metro system and went for dinner at the Esplanade.
Looking forward to tomorrow :)

Poeticus

| abhyAvartin |
Do me a favor: If you ever find yourself in Delhi, find Aup-dada's house and terminate his access to the Internet. Kthxbye. :p

Hehehehe. Syke, you don't have to. :D But you gotta admit, that was funny!

Last edited:

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Don't make fun of elderly people. You too would be there one day. Yes, the wires are not as taut as they once used to be. That is 'ritam', the way. :D

Makaranda

Had darshan of Kali (Maa Bhavatarini) at Dakshineshwar temple; the people were very kind :)

The pollution is so bad in Kolkata, I have only been here two days and my lungs are freaking out. Coughing constantly. Oh well; on to Varanasi tomorrow evening :)

Shantanu

Had darshan of Kali (Maa Bhavatarini) at Dakshineshwar temple; the people were very kind :)

The pollution is so bad in Kolkata, I have only been here two days and my lungs are freaking out. Coughing constantly. Oh well; on to Varanasi tomorrow evening :)
I know the city well but I hope the sight of the Dakhsineshwar temple made up for it. Did you take a bath there, and read the scriptures on the temple walls: Ya devi sarbhbutesu shanti rupen sansthita, namasiyai namastasyai namastayi namo namoh, etc. My father lived in Kolkata and had taken me for this spiritual visit. Belur Math is another must in Kolkata, but you might have missed it.

And Varanasi, we went there when I was a young boy living in Allahabad, so not far away. You sure have chosen your visit sites very carefully. Hope you have a great time Makaranda.

Makaranda

Thank you Shantanu,

We did darshan and also visited the jyotir-lingas. We also took a boat over to Belur Math though by this time it was quite late. We strolled the grounds a little (though most areas were closed off) and sat in the ramakrishna hall as the monks gathered and a chief monk gave a sermon.

We arrived in Varanasi a few hours ago after 14 hours on the train so we are exhausted. The people seem very kind here :) I spotted a shrine to Shankara on the way to the guesthouse and the sannyasin inside said I could visit, so I will be doing that when we are rested.