• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Other Than "The Bible Tells Me So," Your Single Best Argument for Creationism

Kelly of the Phoenix

If they did, you would see that it makes no sense at all.
It does to me. I don't see any issue.

I am still waiting for the building site materials, with all of the lumber, roofing shingles, etc. ., at the ready, to just jump up and become a house ...
Lumber can't self-organize but plenty of molecules can.

A Supernatural Being such as the biblical God can do whatever He pleases and doesn't need for me to fully understand His method.
God does it and I don't understand it, so it must be true.

Physics does it and I don't understand it, so it must be false.

Huh?

Not really. It would be like me explaining to a toddler how to do a brake job.
I actually don't believe this, but this channel has you covered:

There are even articles on how to start teaching kids about car parts

What was the logical single source and how did it evolve to everything we see today? Please submit the details and method.
As far as I understand (vastly simplified and I'm currently reading a book about genetics on my kindle):

Chemicals > Amino acids > RNA > RNA + lipids > single cells > undifferentiated multicellular colonies > differentiated multicellular colonies > multicellular organisms

You MUST assume things because the scientific method will not work for evidence in the past, right?
If your kid has peanut butter on his hands and says he didn't eat the peanut butter sandwich you left lying out, does the fact the event happen in the past means you cannot draw any conclusions using the current evidence?

dianaiad

And let's keep it to your single best argument. Don't want to be all over the map.

EVIDENCE%20FOR%20CREATIONISM_zpsfvuwosnp.png

So, what ya got? Although be aware, non-creationists may take exception, but this should be expected. Shouldn't it?

EDITED TO NOTE: Because this is in the "EVOLUTION Vs CREATIONISM" forum and one may wish to base an argument for creationism on a perceived shortcoming of evolution, please keep in mind that abiogenesis (the natural process by which life arises from non-living matter) is NOT a part of evolution. Evolutionists don't care how life first came into being, be it through abiogenesis or the hand of god.

I have no argument against evolution as the process by which life as we know it was created, and you have just, with your 'edited to note' made it a non-issue for me. What is the problem?

If you don't care how life first came into being, then why are the evolutionists giving the creationists such grief? Well, at least, why are the evolutionists giving creationists like ME such grief?

Me, I get it from both sides, and frankly, from where I sit, it looks as if evolutionists care a great deal about biogenesis (or abiogenesis). They are as dedicated to the idea that life's first appearance was a pure accident as the strict biblical creationists are to the literal interpretation of Genesis (both stories)...and for the same reason, seems to me.

As for me, well...since I obviously don't have a 'dog in this hunt,' I'll leave y'all to have it out. I just wanted typing practice, I suppose.

jonathan180iq

84 responses so far - is there any positive evidence for creationism yet?

Creationists must be aware that saying "Evolution can't answer certain questions" does nothing to support their position...

If I said that the Titans seeded the Universe, and that they always preexisted, then my claim, to this point, would be just as valid as that of the Biblical Creation mythology, wouldn't it? We'd be equally as substantiated.

Last edited:

Rapture Era

Don’t you have something of a double standard here? You dismiss evolutionary theory out of hand because not everything about it and what proceeded it is understood by us yet you expect creation by the specifically defined Biblical God to be unquestionably accepted despite saying that nothing about him is or can be understood by us.
I didnt say "Nothing" about Him can be understood, I said I dont fully understand an infinite being such as God because we are finite creatures. All we know is a beginning and an end because we live in that type of a world. The next thing I think is important is truth. I would hope it is what we all strive for whether we like where it leads or not. God says He is ultimate truth. No one that I know of except the biblical God has ever declared to have created the universe, this planet, the sun, moon and stars, and all life on this planet.
Evolutionary "theory" Is just the opposite. The theory claims that all life came from a single ancestor. Science has yet to explain how this happened. There are a lot of presuppositions to try and make it happen, but nothing successfully has come to light. Without this understanding of how life began from an evolutionary standpoint, the theory continues to be just that, a theory. So on one hand you have a supernatural God who tells us that He is the one who is responsible for all the we see that exists, and on the other hand we have an evolution theory thought up by man that does not know how we came into existence. For me, as I look around at all the diversity and complexity of life, I believe what we are seeing is the evidence of supernatural creation and to me it makes better sense. In the last part of your sentence, you said "unquestionably accepted despite saying that nothing about him is or can be understood by us." Its interesting to note that God said this in the scriptures;
"But God shows his anger from heaven against all sinful, wicked people who suppress the truth by their wickedness.They know the truth about God because he has made it obvious to them. For ever since the world was created, people have seen the earth and sky. Through everything God made, they can clearly see his invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature. So they have no excuse for not knowing God.
Yes, they knew God, but they wouldn’t worship him as God or even give him thanks. And they began to think up foolish ideas of what God was like. As a result, their minds became dark and confused. Claiming to be wise, they instead became utter fools."
So God has made it plain to everyone of His existence through creation of all we see. However, if you choose to believe that all we see and know just happened out of nothing thats fine to.

Rapture Era

I have no argument against evolution as the process by which life as we know it was created, and you have just, with your 'edited to note' made it a non-issue for me. What is the problem?

If you don't care how life first came into being, then why are the evolutionists giving the creationists such grief? Well, at least, why are the evolutionists giving creationists like ME such grief?

Me, I get it from both sides, and frankly, from where I sit, it looks as if evolutionists care a great deal about biogenesis (or abiogenesis). They are as dedicated to the idea that life's first appearance was a pure accident as the strict biblical creationists are to the literal interpretation of Genesis (both stories)...and for the same reason, seems to me.

As for me, well...since I obviously don't have a 'dog in this hunt,' I'll leave y'all to have it out. I just wanted typing practice, I suppose.
Your points are well taken!

james bond

84 responses so far - is there is any positive evidence for creationism yet?

Creationists must to be aware that saying "Evolution can't answer certain questions" does nothing to support their position...

If I said that the Titans seeded the Universe, and that they always preexisted, then my claim, to this point, would be just as valid as that of the Biblical Creation mythology, wouldn't it? We'd be equally as substantiated.

Hell exists. It's not even invisible. If you burn yourself, it hurts like hell.

HonestJoe

I didnt say "Nothing" about Him can be understood, I said I dont fully understand an infinite being such as God because we are finite creatures.
How do you even know God is infinite? If there is an infinite God, how could we really understanding anything about them?

But grammatical technicalities aside, my point stands; You dismiss evolution because we don’t fully understand it yet accept a specific interpretation of a Biblical God despite not fully understanding it.

No one that I know of except the biblical God has ever declared to have created the universe, this planet, the sun, moon and stars, and all life on this planet.
Then sorry but you are grossly ignorant of the vast range of creation stories from around the world and throughout history. I’ve actually no objection to generic hypotheses for some form of intelligently guided creation but assertions that the creator must be the very specifically defined being are simply non-starters.

Evolutionary "theory" Is just the opposite. The theory claims that all life came from a single ancestor. Science has yet to explain how this happened.
This thread isn’t about evolution (as the OP made clear) and I’m not here to support or promote that theory. We’re only talking about the legitimacy of creationism beliefs and claims. Your dismissal of evolution doesn’t make the slightest bit of difference to the validity of your assertions about a creator God. It could be that both are true or both are false.

Its interesting to note that God said this in the scriptures;
Scriptural evidence of God is circular. If you’re presenting the Bible as unquestioned fact, you should give the same credence to all other religious writing their proponents claim are divinely inspired.

james bond

I didnt say "Nothing" about Him can be understood, I said I dont fully understand an infinite being such as God because we are finite creatures. All we know is a beginning and an end because we live in that type of a world. The next thing I think is important is truth. I would hope it is what we all strive for whether we like where it leads or not. God says He is ultimate truth. No one that I know of except the biblical God has ever declared to have created the universe, this planet, the sun, moon and stars, and all life on this planet.
Evolutionary "theory" Is just the opposite. The theory claims that all life came from a single ancestor. Science has yet to explain how this happened. There are a lot of presuppositions to try and make it happen, but nothing successfully has come to light. Without this understanding of how life began from an evolutionary standpoint, the theory continues to be just that, a theory. So on one hand you have a supernatural God who tells us that He is the one who is responsible for all the we see that exists, and on the other hand we have an evolution theory thought up by man that does not know how we came into existence. For me, as I look around at all the diversity and complexity of life, I believe what we are seeing is the evidence of supernatural creation and to me it makes better sense. In the last part of your sentence, you said "unquestionably accepted despite saying that nothing about him is or can be understood by us." Its interesting to note that God said this in the scriptures;
"But God shows his anger from heaven against all sinful, wicked people who suppress the truth by their wickedness.They know the truth about God because he has made it obvious to them. For ever since the world was created, people have seen the earth and sky. Through everything God made, they can clearly see his invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature. So they have no excuse for not knowing God.
Yes, they knew God, but they wouldn’t worship him as God or even give him thanks. And they began to think up foolish ideas of what God was like. As a result, their minds became dark and confused. Claiming to be wise, they instead became utter fools."
So God has made it plain to everyone of His existence through creation of all we see. However, if you choose to believe that all we see and know just happened out of nothing thats fine to.

smh. I guess you were absent the day we discussed Jesus, God's only son, his life, death and Resurrection and eternal life. You guys just make up what you want to believe. For that, a little burning is fair price.

God even said that there will be some things he will keep to himself like the beginning of life and end of life. Thus, we will never know when it begins nor ends. Further evidence of God.

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
Yeah, we'll know it's time to move onto the next best argument for Creationism.

And until then, there is no argument either way.

That said, even in our own solar system, there are a couple of current candidates for having life (Europa and Titan) and one that may well have had life in the past (Mars).

Rapture Era

How do you even know God is infinite? If there is an infinite God, how could we really understanding anything about them?

But grammatical technicalities aside, my point stands; You dismiss evolution because we don’t fully understand it yet accept a specific interpretation of a Biblical God despite not fully understanding it.

Then sorry but you are grossly ignorant of the vast range of creation stories from around the world and throughout history. I’ve actually no objection to generic hypotheses for some form of intelligently guided creation but assertions that the creator must be the very specifically defined being are simply non-starters.

This thread isn’t about evolution (as the OP made clear) and I’m not here to support or promote that theory. We’re only talking about the legitimacy of creationism beliefs and claims. Your dismissal of evolution doesn’t make the slightest bit of difference to the validity of your assertions about a creator God. It could be that both are true or both are false.

Scriptural evidence of God is circular. If you’re presenting the Bible as unquestioned fact, you should give the same credence to all other religious writing their proponents claim are divinely inspired.
Its obvious that you will not be satisfied with any answers I offer for creation so, continue down your path and when you get to the end, see how that works out for you. I will continue to put my belief and trust in Jesus Christ because I know how that is going to work out for me.

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
Its obvious that you will not be satisfied with any answers I offer for creation so, continue down your path and when you get to the end, see how that works out for you. I will continue to put my belief and trust in Jesus Christ because I know how that is going to work out for me.

No, you *believe* that is how it will work out for you. But you have no proof of that assertion. The vague threats (or promises) you make don't scare reasonable people who see through the lies of religion.

Kemosloby

Premium Member
And until then, there is no argument either way.

That said, even in our own solar system, there are a couple of current candidates for having life (Europa and Titan) and one that may well have had life in the past (Mars).

I think it can show evolution to be false since evolution is governed by the laws of nature. but A Creator could do things any way he wants therefore it doesn't prove a Creator true or false.

paul A.

The Creationist's mind has not evolved long enough to understand the theory of evolution, so he has to be a creationist and cannot be blamed for being so. This is my best argument for Creationism.

jonathan180iq

I think it can show evolution to be false since evolution is governed by the laws of nature. but A Creator could do things any way he wants therefore it doesn't prove a Creator true or false.
"Evolution is false because 'Eurynome separated the sky from the sea by dancing on the waves of Oceanus. In this manner, she created great lands upon which she might wander, a veritable universe, populating it with exotic creatures such as nymphs, Furies, and Charites as well as with countless beasts and monsters'."

Encyclopedia Mythica: Greek creation myths

Since "historical science" can't prove that it didn't happen this way, I think we can all agree that Eurynome is the real creator god.

rusra02

Premium Member
I think Behe's argument of irreducible complexity is strong evidence against evolution. BTW, while I believe in creation, I don't consider myself a "creationist".

Kemosloby

Premium Member
"Evolution is false because 'Eurynome separated the sky from the sea by dancing on the waves of Oceanus. In this manner, she created great lands upon which she might wander, a veritable universe, populating it with exotic creatures such as nymphs, Furies, and Charites as well as with countless beasts and monsters'."

Encyclopedia Mythica: Greek creation myths

Since "historical science" can't prove that it didn't happen this way, I think we can all agree that Eurynome is the real creator god.

As the bible story goes the Creator created you. Whether your a nymph, Furie or Charite I do not know.