• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Other Than "The Bible Tells Me So," Your Single Best Argument for Creationism

Skwim

Veteran Member

And let's keep it to your single best argument. Don't want to be all over the map.

EVIDENCE%20FOR%20CREATIONISM_zpsfvuwosnp.png

So, what ya got? Although be aware, non-creationists may take exception, but this should be expected. Shouldn't it?

EDITED TO NOTE: Because this is in the "EVOLUTION Vs CREATIONISM" forum and one may wish to base an argument for creationism on a perceived shortcoming of evolution, please keep in mind that abiogenesis (the natural process by which life arises from non-living matter) is NOT a part of evolution. Evolutionists don't care how life first came into being, be it through abiogenesis or the hand of god.

Last edited:

Deathbydefault

Apistevist Asexual Atheist
"My pastor tells me so."
"My buddy who read the bible told me so."
"My mom said it was so."

"Science is a lie, therefore creationism is true."
"God itself came down into my room and told me how it made life."

"I just know."

Jose Fly

Fisker of men
Don't we have a thread on this? And didn't it end up like all the other similar ones I've seen where it ends up being pages and pages of creationists regurgitating tired old arguments against evolution, but no actual arguments for creationism?

leibowde84

Veteran Member
Don't we have a thread on this? And didn't it end up like all the other similar ones I've seen where it ends up being pages and pages of creationists regurgitating tired old arguments against evolution, but no actual arguments for creationism?
I agree. I have yet to see any positive argument for creationism other than "the Bible says so" or various arguments from ignorance (god of the gaps).

Rapture Era

Right. The problem with evolution is that scientits cant get past first cause. Life can only beget life. So where did life come from? The more we know about science, the more evolution (Darwinian Evolution that is) becomes bankrupt as an alternative to creation.

leibowde84

Veteran Member
Right. The problem with evolution is that scientits cant get past first cause. Life can only beget life. So where did life come from? The more we know about science, the more evolution (Darwinian Evolution that is) becomes bankrupt as an alternative to creation.
1. Evolution doesn't speak to the origin of life. It only speaks to speciation.
2. Scientists are getting closer and closer to realizing how life came about from non-life. It happened in the ocean around thermal vents, most likely. So, no problem there. They will figure it out.

leibowde84

Veteran Member

Kemosloby

Premium Member
What makes you think that there isn't life on other planets?

There most likely is life on many other planets. But, because of the size of the universe, it might be that we never find it.

There is most likely a Creator otherwise some other life in the vast unifThey haven't found us either...
Its not possible for life to "Pop up on it's own" and we have no proof of life on other planets. Just this one.

Correct, because God didn't put life on the other planets. Just here for some reason.

Rapture Era

Yes I know it doesnt speak of the origins of life, only speciation. But think about this for a moment. How can speciation exist without understanding what preceeded it? Eventually, you will have to address this critical problem. Anyone who will be intellectually honest will realize there are no answers to how life started on this planet. Because they donot or will not infer God, they must come up with an answer and thats where for 160 years they have no answer. The problems are the chemical mechamisms for life are not there. Neither are the components. This is why scientists still have no answers.

leibowde84

Veteran Member
There is most likely a Creator otherwise some other life in the vast unifThey haven't found us either...
The closest habitable planet is 25 trillion miles away. So, why would you think we would have come into contact with life on other planets?

Keep in mind, just in our milky way galaxy there are roughly 40 billion earth sized planets. All of which are way to far to ever get to.