• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Other people's strange habits

jeffrey

†ßig Dog†
Yesterday we discovered all the wierd things about us. Now we will find out what really erks you. What do people do that jerks your chain and rattles your cage? Put down as many as you got! I got a few... :banghead3 Knockout

Circle_One

I absolutely HATE HATE HATE when people type in chatspeak.

It seriously makes me want to gouge their eyes out with a spork and slice their fingers off a la Hostel. Is it REALLY that difficult to type out the full word "You" or "are", etc? Is it necessary to spell words like "cool" as "kewl" instead? NO! It's REALLY NOT! It drives me up the friggen wall!

jeffrey

†ßig Dog†
!st, people that cut you off when driving. They have to get to the construction, off ramp, exit, etc, etc before you do. They whip in front of you, slam on their brakes, forcing you to slam on their brakes! UGH! :banghead3

2nd, people that do not control their kids. They run loose in the store, yelling screaming, getting into your basket while mom and dad do nothing. PEOPLE! CONTROL YOUR VARMITS!

3rd. Women that wear to much perfume. You can smell them from 25 feet away! I was at a receiver the other day. There was a window between me and here with a slit to slide my bills thru and a little hole to talk thru. I could smell the woman's perfume on my side.. Not faint, but STRONG! I feel sorry for the people that work with her! :banghead3
More as think of them!

jeffrey

†ßig Dog†
Circle_One said:

It seriously makes me want to gouge their eyes out with a spork and slice their fingers off a la Hostel. Is it REALLY that difficult to type out the full word "You" or "are", etc? Is it necessary to spell words like "cool" as "kewl" instead? NO! It's REALLY NOT! It drives me up the friggen wall!
Been years since I was in a chat room, but used to urk me too.

Circle_One

jeffrey said:
Been years since I was in a chat room, but used to urk me too.

Chatspeak: It's not only for chatrooms anymore, lol. People use it everywhere. Especially in emails and instant messengers. I've seen it a few times here on RF as well and have had to bite my tongue from lashing out and flaming the person using it.

Cerrax

That One Guy
Circle_One said:
Chatspeak: It's not only for chatrooms anymore

I am guilty of Chatspeak when I use my phone for text messaging. But that's because its a lot harder to type on a number pad than a keyboard. Plus you can only send 160 characters in one message!

:banghead3 I HATE:
People who don't use their turn signal (I'm not a mind reader. Tell me where you're going)
Dogs who bark at everything (One lives in the apartment below mine. Luckly the walls are fairly thick and dense)
People who are stand-offish for no reason (Really what are yu fighting with me for?)
Probably more that I can't think of right now...

jeffrey

†ßig Dog†
Cerrax said:
I am guilty of Chatspeak when I use my phone for text messaging. But that's because its a lot harder to type on a number pad than a keyboard. Plus you can only send 160 characters in one message!

:banghead3 I HATE:
People who don't use their turn signal (I'm not a mind reader. Tell me where you're going)
Dogs who bark at everything (One lives in the apartment below mine. Luckly the walls are fairly thick and dense)
People who are stand-offish for no reason (Really what are yu fighting with me for?)
Probably more that I can't think of right now...
All those get to me too!

ChrisP

Veteran Member
Circle_One said:

rofl... imho u r gng 2 kill me 4 this :D ph33r

brb *runs away*

I use it when just meandering on about randomnesses with mates, but if seriousity beckons... well the full enormity of my verbiage vocabulary and vermiciousness presents itself ;) It's all in the situation... I even use words like "NFI" in real life, but usually only in places like work where I can't get away with swearing.

My most hated habit is... well it's not really a habit it's styles. I hate people who go for that whole slicked out look a la Paris Hilton. Every which way I turn in town now it seems every woman man and teenager is putting it on. Being normal just isn't acceptable anymore! It's one thing to have a lifestyle that is displayed in your dress, it's another to try to be something you're not.

Circle_One

Chrispy, I love you, but if there was an emoticon thingy of someone stabbing someone else with a big knife, I'd be using it right now :p

What is "NFI"? I have friends who actually walk around in real life saying "***" and "OMG" it drives me crazy.

Circle_One

Hmm... look at those pretty asterixes (sp?) that should say W T F between the quotes, just to let you know.

ChrisP

Veteran Member
Circle_One said:
Chrispy, I love you, but if there was an emoticon thingy of someone stabbing someone else with a big knife, I'd be using it right now :p

What is "NFI"? I have friends who actually walk around in real life saying "***" and "OMG" it drives me crazy.
NFI is No F-ing Idea :p just a fav of mine... in a sentence?

Workmate: "Have you seen the Spiky anal refibumarator?"
Chrispy : " :sarcastic NFI mate"

Booko

Deviled Hen
jeffrey said:
!st, people that cut you off when driving. They have to get to the construction, off ramp, exit, etc, etc before you do. They whip in front of you, slam on their brakes, forcing you to slam on their brakes! UGH! :banghead3
Damn Jeffrey, are you psychic? You just hit my top three.

Driving a mama van as I do, I get a fair share of men in cars who assume I drift down the road, so they try to cut me off. I said, "try" bwa ha ha. Then there's the usual "Right lane must turn right" so they try to whip by you at the last minute and cut you off. I've had more than a few end up sidewalks who tried that stunt. Good think Atlantans don't walk anywhere. :)

2nd, people that do not control their kids. They run loose in the store, yelling screaming, getting into your basket while mom and dad do nothing. PEOPLE! CONTROL YOUR VARMITS!
The worst case I can think of was at an IHOP, where there were 2 adult couples sitting at one booth, and at the next booth there were 2 girls, maybe 12, and a toddler. The toddler was roaming the entire restaruant, tried to put his hand in my food (!), and at the table next to us he picked up the syrup containers and started licking them! The adults never even looked away from their own table.

At this point even my kids, who were younger then, were beyond disgusted. When the waiter came back into the room, I stood up and rather loudly told him that this uncontrolled toddler had licked the syrup containers, and I was sorry they would have to throw away all that syrup and wash the containers, but there was nothing to be done about it. At this point, my son, maybe 10 himself at the time, took the toddler by the hand and led him back to the adults. He introduced himself, and suggested that they really should't expect mere kids to raise kids, and perhaps they could make room at their booth for this child so he wouldn't wander around and maybe get lost. You know, it could be dangerous. What a hoot. The girls at the other booth looked rather relieved, like it validated an idea that they weren't nuts after all.

3rd. Women that wear to much perfume. You can smell them from 25 feet away! I was at a receiver the other day. There was a window between me and here with a slit to slide my bills thru and a little hole to talk thru. I could smell the woman's perfume on my side.. Not faint, but STRONG! I feel sorry for the people that work with her! :banghead3
More as think of them!
Cheap perfume is even worse. People don't realize how cheap perfume affects some of us. Plenty of people get migraines over the stuff. Axe is the worst lately. Please just don't wear it.

My business partner went to the theatre a couple of months ago and some lady sat down just drenched in cheap perfume. By the intermission, she had to go home, she was so sick. It took her 3 days and a trip to the kinesiologist to get over it. Now she's wondering if she should even get theatre tickets, because she's have to wear her filter mask just in case. I think by next year her health will have improved enough that she won't go toss her cookies just because someone is stinky.

I only wear perfume that's made from essential oils. You can get it at health food stores, Renaissance festivals, and various places. It smells better and no one ever seems to react to it.

Booko

Deviled Hen
Circle_One said:
Chatspeak: It's not only for chatrooms anymore, lol. People use it everywhere. Especially in emails and instant messengers. I've seen it a few times here on RF as well and have had to bite my tongue from lashing out and flaming the person using it.

I'm not fond of it, but I usually just figure the person on the other end isn't a very fast typist. I do tend to pass by posts that are more abbreviations than actual words, though.

Todd

Rajun Cajun
jeffrey said:
Yesterday we discovered all the wierd things about us. Now we will find out what really erks you. What do people do that jerks your chain and rattles your cage? Put down as many as you got! I got a few... :banghead3 Knockout

1. Slow walkers. Wanders that don't seem to really know where they're going. Plus they are oblivious that anyone is trying to walk around them. I always try to watch where people are and step to the side close to a wall when I don't know exactly where I'm going.

2. Slow Drivers in the left lane. Probably many peoples pet peev.

3. People that take up the whole isle in the grocery store. They put there cart on one side of the isle, and shop on the other side which ultimately blocks the entire isle.

4. People that cross the street (on foot) as if they are in no hurry which ultimately slows down traffic. I've seen some people walk so slow that it almost seemed as if they stopped as if too say I own this road. BTW, I'm not talking about the elderly. I'm talking about teens and young adults that are very capable of getting across a street in a timely fashion.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
People who make a mess filling cup with a fountain drink, coffee, or a slushie. Especially the slushy. The stuff doesn't come out that fast, and the dyes are hard to get off the counter.

People who wont throw away sugar and creamer packets away, even though a trash can lies only three feet away from them.

Rap music being played loudy, and a super high bass that the only audible part of the song, and is so high is rattles windows. That one really ****es me off. Somebody will park next the windows were I work, and have such a high bass, you not only hear that, you wonder if the windows will shatter is hard as thier being rattled.

evearael

I don't mind a moderate amount of PDA, but it really irritates me when people are practically having sex in the food court, ignoring the fact that there are young children everywhere.

I get really irritated when a child is being awful and the parent actually backs the child up as if their behavior is acceptible.

Blaming the Victim. I cannot express how much this makes my blood boil. Especially when it comes to rape cases.

Refusal to Own Your Actions. Personal responsibility is very important to me. I cannot stand it when people make excuses rather than provide valid reasons.

Buttercup

Veteran Member
Tailgaters.......and I don't mean the parties.

I would like to invent a giant robot arm that would pop out of my trunk, smash thru the windshield of the offending car....and smack the idiot driver silly just like in the old 3 Stooges movies. And of course I would be laughing my arse off all the while!

jeffrey

†ßig Dog†
Another one that gets to me is people B.S.'ing. You know it's a lie, telling how big, how bad they are, how they did this or that better then anyone ever has. I will get up and leave a room before I listen to that!
www_MyEmoticons_com__angry.gif