• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Osama bin Laden is dead!

Bismillah

Submit
I don't know what you mean by a genetic link? The DNA test was done with samples from two family members.
No not genetic link, a newspaper publishing the evidence from what I have seen it is all second hand accounts.

A

angellous_evangellous

No not genetic link, a newspaper publishing the evidence from what I have seen it is all second hand accounts.

ha! What do you consider to be a first hand account?

The evidence hasn't been publicly released, as you've said.

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
I'm not saying it didn't happen. What I AM saying is that the way the whole thing unfolded AFTER the supposed raid was handled in anything BUT a mode of transparency.

The phrase "slim shady" springs to mind.
Kathryn, do you believe the many military individuals involved...are lying?
That this whole thing was an elaborate ruse involving the honorable men and women of our armed forces?

Really? Is that what you believe? If, perchance, your own husband had been involved in such an operation, would he look you in the eye and lie about it?

Bismillah

Submit
ha! What do you consider to be a first hand account?
Well something that we can see with out eyes, instead of statements by the military. That would qualify as first hand account in my book.

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
Kathryn, do you believe the many military individuals involved...are lying?
That this whole thing was an elaborate ruse involving the honorable men and women of our armed forces?

Really? Is that what you believe? If, perchance, your own husband had been involved in such an operation, would he look you in the eye and lie about it?

First of all, let me tell you my belief and position on the upper echelons of ANY military, including the US military: I believe those positions are often as much a political as they are a military position and assignment.

My father and my ex husband were/are both officers in the US military. My exhusband is a high ranking officer. Both are combat veterans. I can ASSURE you that they are not at liberty to discuss some details of their missions, and that they also have both implied repeatedly that there are often coverups, and often quite a bit of political intrigue involved. War is messy business at best, in spite of the ideals of honor and glory.

As for the many members of my immediate family who are actively serving in the US military, they might not look me directly in the eye and lie about something, but they have often told me that they simply cannot discuss certain missions. And they have also often followed up a comment or an answer to a question by shrugging and saying something along the lines of, "Well, that's the official version of what happened anyway."

In spite of my generally high regard for the ideals of our military men and women, and their role in our national security, I am not naive.

Secondly, I may have missed something, but I have yet to hear a single statement made by any military personnel who were actually involved directly in that mission.

Last edited:

RitalinO.D.

Secondly, I may have missed something, but I have yet to hear a single statement made by any military personnel who were actually involved directly in that mission.

And you probably won't. Their identities are classified. I'd be real surprised if they showed up on tv, or had their names released.

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
Apparently OBLs Wife told the Pakistani Gvt that they have been in that house for five years and confined to just one room,gets more embarassing by the hour.
Haroon Rashid BBC News, Rawalpindi
A senior Pakistani military official said they detained Bin Laden's three wives: one is Yemeni but they did not identify the other two. They also recovered 13 children from the compound - two girls and 11 boys - but they have not yet been able to establish how many are Bin Laden's children.
The Yemeni wife told investigators she came out of the room after five years and that her husband lived there for the same period. She also told them she was shot in the raid and lost consciousness; at that point, Bin Laden was alive. His daughter, however, has confirmed Bin Laden was shot in front of her.

BBC News - Bin Laden death: Barack Obama at Ground Zero

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
Haroon Rashid BBC News, Rawalpindi
A senior Pakistani military official said they detained Bin Laden's three wives: one is Yemeni but they did not identify the other two. They also recovered 13 children from the compound - two girls and 11 boys - but they have not yet been able to establish how many are Bin Laden's children.
The Yemeni wife told investigators she came out of the room after five years and that her husband lived there for the same period. She also told them she was shot in the raid and lost consciousness; at that point, Bin Laden was alive. His daughter, however, has confirmed Bin Laden was shot in front of her.

BBC News - Bin Laden death: Barack Obama at Ground Zero

He must have been aided and sheltered by some officials,5 years is a longtime,