• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Origins of the Quran

outhouse

Atheistically
I don't think you understand much either way.

All you have done is avoid and ignore

You refuse to debate any topic I bring up because your religion teaches you to avoid these kind of things.

islam has a built in reflector screen where its not allowed to discuss any kind of criticism what so ever.

its why you refuse knowledge and education

outhouse

Atheistically
But I don't need to provide evidence

Factually YOU DO.

When one makes a claim regardless of the circular thinking your trying to push on us all, without excuses, you are to address counter claims or not debate or push your beliefs on others.

outhouse

Atheistically
"And the heaven We constructed with strength, and indeed, We are [its] expander."
[51:47]

It is obvious mythology about creating the heavens to a specific size.

It says nothing that it expanded at a certain rate then it started expanding faster in time like science, YOU are factually using mythology nd shoving into science.

http://corpus.quran.com/translation.jsp?chapter=51&verse=47

Sahih International: And the heaven We constructed with strength, and indeed, We are [its] expander.

Yusuf Ali: With power and skill did We construct the Firmament: for it is We Who create the vastness of pace.

Shakir: And the heaven, We raised it high with power, and most surely We are the makers of things ample.

Muhammad Sarwar: We have made the heavens with Our own hands and We expanded it.

Mohsin Khan: With power did We construct the heaven. Verily, We are Able to extend the vastness of space thereof.

Arberry: And heaven -- We built it with might, and We extend it wide.

No answer is what you wrote, Just typical refusal to answer a simple easy question.

So the question REALLY becomes, WHO TAUGHT MYTHOLOGY TO MUHAMMAD ????????

Do you get the concept of "I wrote a thread on it'?

How does writing a new thread on the topic = no answer and typical refusal? Very strange.

Why don't you actually read it? You will find many alternatives there.

I'll provide the link again:

http://www.religiousforums.com/thre...n-islam-various-academic-perspectives.182886/

Just click on it instead of being so childish. :)

You are late I already posted there :rolleyes:

But I do not need another location I will still post here

You have made probably 40 posts asking the same question across multiple threads, and when an explicit and detailed answer is provided you pretend that it doesn't exist because it demonstrates that you are wrong. Then you run away from it as it is pretty hard to pompously demand an answer in a thread that is entirely about an answer to your question. This is all within your fictitious persona as a highly qualified, tertiary level lecturer who deeply cares about academic integrity despite the fact that you have never referenced an academic source in your life and have never understood one that has been highlighted to you.

It's very strange for a fully grown man to behave in such a way, but I suppose you get all sorts on the internet ;)

I'm not really sure if you are an actual person anyway, I think you might be some kind of bot. A type of Turing test designed to trick people into thinking they are communicating with a real person.

None of your 'answers' ever relates to the post they are replying to, and you seem not to have the capability to comprehend anyone else's posts no matter how clearly and simply expressed. You simply pretend that they didn't answer your question and use more bold type.

There's this thing called a 'post-modern generator' - http://www.elsewhere.org/journal/pomo/

The Postmodernism Generator is a computer program that automatically produces imitations of postmodernist writing. It was written in 1996 by Andrew C. Bulhak of Monash University using the Dada Engine, a system for generating random text from recursive grammars.

I think you are actually an '@outhouse generator' where you randomly combine stock phrases like 'refusing academia', 'factually', 'WE demand HONESTY', 'You lack the education', 'FAIL', 'apologist', 'if you had the training that I do' and 'SIR you have no credibility' along with RANDOM capitalisation, BOLD TEXT, and superfluous PUNCTUATION!!!!!!!!!!!!! and a liberal sprinkling of :facepalm:s and :rolleyes:s

Congrats to your programmer, he/she did a pretty good job, was almost believable for a while :smile:

Last edited:

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Many of the Quran stories are also in the Bible. (But there are also some good stories in it, that are not in the Bible)

So from a unbeliever POV Muhammad copied the Bible stories.

From a believer POV God reminded us and rewrote and corrected some stories of the Bible and gave a new spin to them.
Some things are easy to disprove as absolutes such as your assertion of copying Christian sources:

That they said (in boast), "We killed Christ Jesus the son of Mary, the Messenger of Allah";- but they killed him not, nor crucified him, but so it was made to appear to them, and those who differ therein are full of doubts, with no (certain) knowledge, but only conjecture to follow, for of a surety they killed him not:- Nay, Allah raised him up unto Himself; and Allah is Exalted in Power, Wise;-

— Qur'an, sura 4 (An-Nisa) ayat 157-158

There is also the "Jesus buried in India" http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/programmes/from_our_own_correspondent/8587838.stm and whether true or not it is not part of Christian theology.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
You have made probably 40 posts asking the same question across multiple threads, and when an explicit and detailed answer is provided you pretend that it doesn't exist because it demonstrates that you are wrong. Then you run away from it as it is pretty hard to pompously demand an answer in a thread that is entirely about an answer to your question. This is all within your fictitious persona as a highly qualified, tertiary level lecturer who deeply cares about academic integrity despite the fact that you have never referenced an academic source in your life and have never understood one that has been highlighted to you.
It's very strange for a fully grown man to behave in such a way, but I suppose you get all sorts on the internet ;)
I'm not really sure if you are an actual person anyway, I think you might be some kind of bot. A type of Turing test designed to trick people into thinking they are communicating with a real person.
None of your 'answers' ever relates to the post they are replying to, and you seem not to have the capability to comprehend anyone else's posts no matter how clearly and simply expressed. You simply pretend that they didn't answer your question and use more bold type.
There's this thing called a 'post-modern generator' - http://www.elsewhere.org/journal/pomo/
The Postmodernism Generator is a computer program that automatically produces imitations of postmodernist writing. It was written in 1996 by Andrew C. Bulhak of Monash University using the Dada Engine, a system for generating random text from recursive grammars.
I think you are actually an '@outhouse generator' where you randomly combine stock phrases like 'refusing academia', 'factually', 'WE demand HONESTY', 'You lack the education', 'FAIL', 'apologist', 'if you had the training that I do' and 'SIR you have no credibility' along with RANDOM capitalisation, BOLD TEXT, and superfluous PUNCTUATION!!!!!!!!!!!!! and a liberal sprinkling of :facepalm:s and :rolleyes:s
Congrats to your programmer, he/she did a pretty good job, was almost believable for a while :smile:
Friend Augustus makes a good analysis of our resident historian+academia.
Regards

outhouse

Atheistically
To even begin to look into the origins of islam we have to study what we know.

What do we know?

We know biblical mythology written in Arabic is attributed to muhammad.

It is as fact as historical facts can be the koran plagiarized biblical traditions.

So who could have taught muhammad is as relevant as any question.

Who were the closest people to him that knew the bible well and wrote in Arabic?

We should assume he was illiterate and that he collected these traditions over his lifetime.

The trail we search begins with muhammad and goes back in time. Saying we don't know is worthless.

outhouse

Atheistically
It's very strange for a fully grown man to behave in such a way

You have no right or credibility to talk down to me.

It is a personal attack because your desperate and cannot answer simple questions without showing us the weakness of your arguments

use_your_brain

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamic_mythology

Islam incorporates many Biblical events and heroes into its own mythology. Stories about Musa (Moses)[1] and Ibrahim (Abraham)

Here this says the koran has biblical abraham mythology added to it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamic_mythology

Islam incorporates many Biblical events and heroes into its own mythology. Stories about Musa (Moses)[1] and Ibrahim (Abraham)

Here this says the koran has biblical abraham mythology added to it.

Allah taught him a divine knowledge (hikmah).