• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Origins of god/gods

Prometheus85

Well of course he does. He made this thread to smear believers in things beyond material by painting us as cowards and childish.

Said the self righteous man. What in your judgement concluded you to believe I made this thread for the sole purpose to paint religious people as cowards and childish?

My op is about theories as to how religious thought originated.

Prometheus85

Yea, im still wanting Prometheus to answer this question. He is pretty adament about not answering it. He just wants to dance around the question.

And your gonna keep waiting.

Because not only does your question have absolutely nothing to do with my op, but your also begging the question. With the question-begging epithet, the arguer uses biased (often emotional) language to persuade people rather than using logic.

And to be honest. The both you came to irrelevant conclusion. Which is also know as missing the point.

Budda saying I made this thread just to bash religious people.

And you jollybear dramatically missing the point and just decided to change the subject.

How did you change the subject? You took a word (comforting) out of its Surrounding meaning in a attempt to redirect the argument to another issue to which you can can better respond. That’s red herring.

No further discussion is needed.

And your gonna keep waiting.

Because not only does your question have absolutely nothing to do with my op, but your also begging the question. With the question-begging epithet, the arguer uses biased (often emotional) language to persuade people rather than using logic.

And to be honest. The both you came to irrelevant conclusion. Which is also know as missing the point.

Budda saying I made this thread just to bash religious people.

And you jollybear dramatically missing the point and just decided to change the subject.

How did you change the subject? You took a word (comforting) out of its Surrounding meaning in a attempt to redirect the argument to another issue to which you can can better respond. That’s red herring.

No further discussion is needed.

What a convoluted joke that response is.

I dont even know where to begin in saying how wrong all this is.

Let me just condense it by saying.

My question is for a FACT relavent to your OP.

Your entitled to your opinions, but your not entitled to your own facts.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Every culture and Aboriginal tribes who bury dead with grave goods have beliefs that these goods will be of use in the afterlife. The goods usually quite precious, without belief in afterlife, they would be in continued use by sons/relatives like any other wealth.

I believe you are saying you read their minds or that they left a record of what they believed. I have never seen either.