• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Original Sin

Thief

Rogue Theologian
I'm only going by what your scriptures are insinuating. If Eve is a clone then Adam is both male and female. I was trying to see whether or not you agreed with the "science" the bible is projecting.

I don't agree with the science.... you.... are projecting.

gnosisofthomas

Gnostic Deacon
It never made sense to me either, which is why I'm Gnostic. The Gnostic interpretation of the Adam and Eve story makes so much more sense to me than the whole "original sin" thing!

Thief

Rogue Theologian
It never made sense to me either, which is why I'm Gnostic. The Gnostic interpretation of the Adam and Eve story makes so much more sense to me than the whole "original sin" thing!

Does that version display Adam as the first to walk with God?
(someone had to be first)

gnosisofthomas

Gnostic Deacon
Does that version display Adam as the first to walk with God?
(someone had to be first)

It displays Adam as a creation and slave of the demiurge, in whom the divine spirit was trapped. The true God sent the serpent to him to teach him about his true state, as a son of God, and help him learn how to escape from the demiurge's power in order to return home to the fullness of God. In the Gnostic view, eating from the tree of knowledge was an act of salvation, not a sin.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
It displays Adam as a creation and slave of the demiurge, in whom the divine spirit was trapped. The true God sent the serpent to him to teach him about his true state, as a son of God, and help him learn how to escape from the demiurge's power in order to return home to the fullness of God. In the Gnostic view, eating from the tree of knowledge was an act of salvation, not a sin.

The last line here makes sense to me...
I believe Man was created a species....Chapter One...Genesis
An alteration was made..Chapter Two....Genesis.

At the point of alteration, Man became a creature with enough curiosity..
to seek out how things work....even if it means dying in the attempt.

I believe Adam is the first son of God....a chosen son.

I don't believe in the notion of God rolling a wet piece of clay into form...
and then breathing on it.

Man was created Day Six...Chapter One...Genesis.
As a species, no names, no law, no garden.
He was animal, in body and spirit.

The garden event, changed all of that.

Last edited:

Shermana

Heretic
I'm only going by what your scriptures are insinuating. If Eve is a clone then Adam is both male and female. I was trying to see whether or not you agreed with the "science" the bible is projecting.

Not necessarily. In the same way, male and female twins are kind of "clones" of each other.

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
Not necessarily. In the same way, male and female twins are kind of "clones" of each other.

I don't think so. A male and female twin are dizygotic (fraternal) two separate eggs. In Adams case it is in no way similar to a twin through the normal sexual process. Adams case is similar to a modern day science procedure where DNA (rib-bone marrow) was taken from him to produce another human. In the process it just so happens to be a woman. If you only have one specimen then how can you produce a female from that?

riley2112

Your God is an also-ran.
There are many Gods, and yours is one of the weaker liars.

For reference see: his scriptures :)
Why don't you point one out to me? Just so I can understand if you understand what you are talking about. I am not saying you don't , however I am having some doubts.

Dan4reason

Facts not Faith
Here is something that bugs me and I would like to discuss. It seems that Christianity (perhaps other religions also, I am unsure) teaches that we are born with "original sin", which is inherited because of Adam and Eve's sin in the Garden of Eden. WE are held responsible for the sins of SOMEONE ELSE. I cannot see how this belief makes sense.

First, if god is loving and forgiving, why would he hold an everlasting grudge against humans? If it is so that we must accept Christ, it seems kind of like a set up...

Second, why should we even be held responsible for the sins of another in general? Nobody is responsible for the sins of another in any other case outside of this one. Why is this one held against all of humanity? Again, it seems like a set up.

Discuss

You are right, we should not be held responsible for the sins of another. If that person made an independent choice to do something wrong, we should not be held responsible for that choice unless we knowingly manipulated that person to make that choice.

Dan4reason

Facts not Faith
Why don't you point one out to me? Just so I can understand if you understand what you are talking about. I am not saying you don't , however I am having some doubts.

I actually disagree with both of you, I doubt that your God even exist, much less is a liar.

riley2112

I actually disagree with both of you, I doubt that your God even exist, much less is a liar.
People have doubts about a great many things. However not believing does not make it false , no more that believing makes it real. May I ask why you have doubts about god. Do you just need more evidence or have you prayed for the winning lotto numbers and didn't get them, or has god let you down, you fall and hurt your knee, and blame him for it ,, and how do you know who MY god is . maybe I worship Ronald McDonald. Is he real, does he exist? So , what doubts you got , or are you just trying to be a pain?

Dan4reason

Facts not Faith
People have doubts about a great many things. However not believing does not make it false , no more that believing makes it real. May I ask why you have doubts about god. Do you just need more evidence or have you prayed for the winning lotto numbers and didn't get them, or has god let you down, you fall and hurt your knee, and blame him for it ,, and how do you know who MY god is . maybe I worship Ronald McDonald. Is he real, does he exist? So , what doubts you got , or are you just trying to be a pain?

I have doubts because the ideas of God in the bible, because it sounds suspiciously mythological. And we all know how credible mythology is.

riley2112

I have doubts because the ideas of God in the bible, because it sounds suspiciously mythological. And we all know how credible mythology is.
True , the things you say could be true. But is sounds like you are looking at a book that has been written and rewritten more than once. Does that mean that no god exist? Or is the book that you spoke of just wrong. or misread

Dan4reason

Facts not Faith
True , the things you say could be true. But is sounds like you are looking at a book that has been written and rewritten more than once. Does that mean that no god exist? Or is the book that you spoke of just wrong. or misread

It just means the whole thing is fishy. If someone from Nigeria emailed you that they needed to put their money in your bank account and you would get $500,000, but you first needed to pay a $150 fee, you would be suspicious. I view Hebrew mythology in the way. Sure, maybe that person emailing me is telling the truth, but most likely it is a fraud. Same with Zeus and his thunderbolts, Volcano Gods, Thor and his hammer, talking snakes in the Garden of Eden, etc.

Maybe God does exist, it really depends on the God. If the God is connected to some mythology, then I am very very sceptical. If this God is just some general creator, then he is just some concept with no evidence.

riley2112

It just means the whole thing is fishy. If someone from Nigeria emailed you that they needed to put their money in your bank account and you would get $500,000, but you first needed to pay a $150 fee, you would be suspicious. I view Hebrew mythology in the way. Sure, maybe that person emailing me is telling the truth, but most likely it is a fraud. Same with Zeus and his thunderbolts, Volcano Gods, Thor and his hammer, talking snakes in the Garden of Eden, etc.

Maybe God does exist, it really depends on the God. If the God is connected to some mythology, then I am very very sceptical. If this God is just some general creator, then he is just some concept with no evidence.
Nigeria and god? other than that , I could not agree with you more.