• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Openly gay and Catholic

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Right, the "I was only following orders" excuse. There i a reason why religious people who are bigoted against gays are repulsive to moral society, and that is because it is an unjustified bias. This is especially bad when it is religious people who use God as window dressing for their intolerance. Bahai isn't exactly thriving as a religion, is it? I suggest the bigotry against gays is a deal breaker for decent people with a sound moral compass.
And I suggest you get a dictionary. A Baha'i Law that precludes certain behaviors (and only applies to Baha'is) is not bigotry.
Are we also bigoted against murderers because there is a Baha'i Law that precludes murder?
Are we bigoted against thieves because there is a Baha'i Law that precludes stealing?

Bigotry: obstinate or unreasonable attachment to a belief, opinion, or faction; in particular, prejudice against a person or people on the basis of their membership of a particular group.
https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=bigotry+means

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Every man has the power within him to resist and desist sin. He has the power and will to either diet or not diet, smoke or not, over drink or not, commit adultery or not, change his habits and his tastes.

Therefore, homosexuals, and all perverts, are without excuse.
As are you.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
And I suggest you get a dictionary. A Baha'i Law that precludes certain behaviors (and only applies to Baha'is) is not bigotry.
Are we also bigoted against murderers because there is a Baha'i Law that precludes murder?
Are we bigoted against thieves because there is a Baha'i Law that precludes stealing?

Bigotry: obstinate or unreasonable attachment to a belief, opinion, or faction; in particular, prejudice against a person or people on the basis of their membership of a particular group.
https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=bigotry+means

Your own definition refutes your claim:

"Bigotry: obstinate or unreasonable attachment to a belief, opinion, or faction; in particular, prejudice against a person or people on the basis of their membership of a particular group.
<bolding mine:

When asked to support your beliefs about gay people you were unable to do so. You could only say that it was against your rules. That is not reasonable. One has to have valid reasons for rules and "Our prophet said so" is never good enough.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I'm doubtful that you understand evolution.

Evolution is an unguided process in the sense that its only guide is environmental suitability.

So even if (which is a pretty big if) God set the dice rolling there is no evidence that God has any control over the outcomes.
I never said that God has any control over the outcomes. I only said that God is responsible for setting the initial process of evolution in motion.
If God is responsible for the products of evolution then God is also responsible for the parasites which cause agonising deaths or the genetic defects that kill children etc. In which case it seems a stretch to call God the All-Merciful as Baha'u'llah did.
God is not responsible for the products, only for setting the initial process in motion. What happened after that was an unguided process and its only guide was environmental suitability.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
When asked to support your beliefs about gay people you were unable to do so.
That's because I don't have any beliefs about gay people, not any more than I have beliefs about straight people or fat people or thin people or short people or tall people. People are just people.
You could only say that it was against your rules. That is not reasonable. One has to have valid reasons for rules and "Our prophet said so" is never good enough.
That's the reason and it is good enough for me because the Prophet sets the standards of for human morality, according to what God reveals to Him.

On the other hand, if you do not believe in God, humans set the standards in which case anything goes, and all kinds of immoral behavior can be tolerated. Some of that immoral behavior such as adultery is even legal.

The Kilted Heathen

Crow FreyjasmaðR
That's because I don't have any beliefs about gay people
Demonstrably false.
Re: refutation of your claim that homosexuality is "not harmless"
I go by what I believe is harmful in the sight of God.

Re: bahai beliefs against homosexuality
They appear immoral to you. They appear moral to me.

Not to mention this entire thread with you and dnb slandering homosexual people as aggressive, judgmental, vindictive, abusive, blah blah blah... You can sit here and hem and haw that they're not your beliefs they're bahai beliefs or the words of your prophet, but the fact of the matter is you are espousing them. You have beliefs about LGBT+ people, and you're making them plain for all to see here, in a most offensive and disgusting way.

Not once did I ever slander ever any homosexual person.
Nevermind the whole bit where you're wholeheartedly agreeing to the above mischaracterization of LGBT+ people and upholding disgusting beliefs on our nature all based on the words of what some bearded mouthpiece that has the ear of god says.

This is why Abrahamic religions are dying out. And good riddance to them.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
When it comes to human behavior it is the duty of a person that tells others "You can't do this" to come up with a justification for their beliefs. Do you understand that? You are trying to tell other people how they have to live.
But Baha'is are not saying "you can't do this" or telling other people how they 'have to live.' We have laws we are supposed to follow if we are Baha'is but it is our choice whether to follow them or not. I do not follow all the laws perfectly but that is just between me and God. For example, there is a daily obligatory prayer I am supposed to say, that is a law, but often I forget to say it.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Demonstrably false.
Re: refutation of your claim that homosexuality is "not harmless"

Re: bahai beliefs against homosexuality

Not to mention this entire thread with you and dnb slandering homosexual people as aggressive, judgmental, vindictive, abusive, blah blah blah... You can sit here and hem and haw that they're not your beliefs they're bahai beliefs or the words of your prophet, but the fact of the matter is you are espousing them. You have beliefs about LGBT+ people, and you're making them plain for all to see here, in a most offensive and disgusting way.

Nevermind the whole bit where you're wholeheartedly agreeing to the above mischaracterization of LGBT+ people and upholding disgusting beliefs on our nature all based on the words of what some bearded mouthpiece that has the ear of god says.

This is why Abrahamic religions are dying out. And good riddance to them.
All false accusations. Try again.

The Kilted Heathen

Crow FreyjasmaðR
All false accusations. Try again.
About par for the course with the absolute runny-diarrhea you and dnb are spewing about the LGBT+ community. Only difference is what I quoted has evidence. You bahai think you're experts at being "better" than Evangelical Christians, but you are no better. And you're not any better at hiding it.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
That's because I don't have any beliefs about gay people, not any more than I have beliefs about straight people or fat people or thin people or short people or tall people. People are just people.

That's the reason and it is good enough for me because the Prophet sets the standards of for human morality, according to what God reveals to Him.

On the other hand, if you do not believe in God, humans set the standards in which case anything goes, and all kinds of immoral behavior can be tolerated. Some of that immoral behavior such as adultery is even legal.
Your own posts refute that claim.

Worse yet you do not seem to realize how the Baha'i stance on gay people shows that there are problems with the Baha'i beliefs too. They are far from perfect.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
About par for the course with the absolute runny-diarrhea you and dnb are spewing about the LGBT+ community.
I never said anything about the LGBT+ community, not once, not ever.
But keep going and maybe you will get some takers, if they believe you rather than reading what I actually posted.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Okay, bashing then. Why were you bashing the gays with @DNB ?
Please show me where I bashed any gays.
I do not even feel badly towards gays so why would I bash them?
My next door neighbors are five gay men who live in a big beautiful house and they are the nicest people you would ever meet. Peoples' sexual activities are their own business and it is private. It is no reflection on their character and character is the only thing that matters to me.