• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ope I'm a "Girlfriend" now

Meow Mix

Chatte Féministe
I was with my now wife ten years before we got married. At that point I was pretty comfortable she wasn't expecting me to magically turn into a prince if she tagged the word 'husband' on me.
And you guys have been together for days and days, which is much the same thing in lesbian-land.

Thanks, choked on some water here

This isn't a sign she's going to shackle you to the bed and not let you out of her sight.

You are describing my Saturday nights for the last month ^.^

No, I'm happy. I'm just a big weirdo with hangups I'm battling

RestlessSoul

To be honest, yes.

By that I mean I feel good about it and have misgivings about it. But I'm pretty sure the misgivings are those walls I put up still fighting back.

Forget the misgivings, I reckon. Don't be afraid to make mistakes.

Actually, falling in love is never a mistake.

Meow Mix

Chatte Féministe
What is "ope"? Is it cockney for "hope"?
Other people's expectations.

At least, thats how I've seen it used in the past.

It's a midwest (USA) exclamation.

It's approximately equivalent to "oops."

Midwesterners are hyperaware that they do this, so it's become a self-aware joke among midwesterners.

In natural use it'd be used while trying to get past someone, people would say "Ope, just trying to sneak past you" (it's always sneaking, too)

Also used when making a mistake, or when doing something dubious everyone is expecting of you as Lewis said ("ope, I did it again")

Meow Mix

Chatte Féministe
ope-sorry-pause-and-look-at-each-other-him-illinois-nebraska-he-high-fives-midwestern-things