• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Online Communities

cmsrin

Curious
Hi everyone. :) I have been researching my pagan beliefs for a while, and I have been researching online / lurking around these boards ;p. I would like to learn more about paganism, and explore some pagan resources. I have been searching for online communities where I can do this and while I have found a variety of Wiccan and pagan websites that seem to be well established, their forums are not too active (and they lean more heavily on exploring Wicca).

Do you have any recommendations for reputable websites, specifically for paganism or for Wiccan/pagan beliefs combined, where they have an active online community and/or forums?

Thanks for your help!

cmsrin

Curious
Obviously this forum is a great resource, but a quick look at the most recent posts show that people here are not super active. I am also looking for more than a discussion board, if that makes sense. :)

Ravenheart

Seeker
Greetings cmsrin,
A great pagan philosophy you could explore is called Druidry, and as far as I'm concerned, I have been solitarily initiated into this wonderful path, expecting to be initiated in a couple of orders in the near future. It is truly a fruitful path for you to explore, as you can join even as a unitarian universalist. I won't bother you with my thoughts, just take a look at these websites, they might give you an insight well worthy.

Courses in druidry, druidry training, druidry courses, druids, druidism :: The Order of Bards Ovates & Druids
Ár nDraíocht Féin: A Druid Fellowship
Druid Directory Profiles :: The Druid Network (website uniting all druid organisations in the world)

For further question please do not hesitate to ask.

Erebus

Hi everyone. :) I have been researching my pagan beliefs for a while, and I have been researching online / lurking around these boards ;p. I would like to learn more about paganism, and explore some pagan resources. I have been searching for online communities where I can do this and while I have found a variety of Wiccan and pagan websites that seem to be well established, their forums are not too active (and they lean more heavily on exploring Wicca).

Do you have any recommendations for reputable websites, specifically for paganism or for Wiccan/pagan beliefs combined, where they have an active online community and/or forums?

Thanks for your help!

Well I'm not that familiar with many forums, but if you give a few examples of what you already believe I'm fairly sure somebody will be able to point you toward something to catch your interest.

For example do you follow a particular pantheon? Do you consider nature divine? Are you more attracted to older practices or more modern ones? Do you feel drawn to any particular time of day or season? Is magic something you want to practice or would you prefer to take a more religious approach?

Those are just a few pointers to help you (and us) find what's right for you :)