• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

One

Almustafa

there is One whole, but it is explained in a variety of ways

non-duality- non-duality is experiential monism, in which the aim of belief is to iduce a monistic state of consciousness... You & everything is considered whole, all duality is imagined, 'sculptures can be nothing but the clay used to make them'.
"there is nothing! all is God! i am God!"

Monism- also known as qualified non-dualism, in which everything is seen as an individual particle, alltogether there is one whole... the self is percieved as just one wave in the ocean of God. "i am but a particle of God's infinite Grace"

Pantheism - is the doctrine identifying the Deity with the various
forces and workings of nature. each deity is associated with an aspect of nature, example: Neptune is not the god of water, but all water everywere...
"I dont see God in your idols, i see God in the sky & the trees & the birds!"

Anamism - connected to non-duality, as this anamistic realization occurs through seeing undivided monistic consciousness divided amoungst the various forms...
Anamism is the seeing & believing that all things animate or inanimate have spirit(aka: consciousness) "all beings are living, all beings have a soul, all life is sacred"

Solipsism- the downside of monism, solipsism is the ardent beleif that all things outside are not sure to exist, in other words, a paranoid questioning of the reality of existence... it appears to be non-duality taken to a dark place because of a lack of meditation... it leads to nihilism because instead of loving all aspects of your self, the solipsis loses motivation "nothing matters, nothings real"- so says the solipsis

modern Monism- modern religious monism takes many elements from quantum physics and is popular in new age, and younger hindu circles, popular author such as deepak chopra lead modern monism...
it is often said by modern monists that consciousness is the irriducible substratum and subatomic particle pop into existence to form structures which are all pervaded by consciousness, leading to self-consciousness/ego in all structures with a brain...

felt like typing so this was typed in the flow of things

Straw Dog

Interesting. I don't personally associate non-dual presence with monism. Rather than exclaim that "All is ONE!", I'd be more likely to whisper "Not one... Not two..."

BSM1

What? Me worry?
Interesting, Al. But I have a question. If two solipsis go on a date, who picks up the check? But seriously don't you think Solipsism gives you the opportunity to create a reality in someone else?

Almustafa

forgot to add;
Dialectual Monism- the philosophy that the one is expressed as various duality, this is taught in Taoism, one whole with a positive & negative