• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

One who sins is of the devil, and does not know God.

Johnlove

I know this to be true, and scripture confirms me to be right.

So a sinner can’t be a Christian. A Christian is a follower of Jesus Christ our Lord and God. Jesus obeyed the Father, and did not sin.

(1 John 3:8) “He who does what is sinful is of the devil, because the devil has been sinning from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the devil's work”

(1 John 3:5-6) “Now you know that he appeared in order to abolish sin, and that in him there is no sin; anyone who

Johnlove

Two quotes. Cherry-picked from John. Do you have anything more than that?
Yes there is much more, and your phrase of cherry picked, does not make what John said any less true. I believe your remark was nothing but a put down of me.

You must believe if you can make people believe that I am somehow manipulating scripture, they will not take what is quoted by me seriously.

You seem to be putting yourself up as one who know scripture. If that is so then do your best to prove me wrong. Prove me wrong by using the written Word of God.

Cherry pick indeed!

Johnlove

The devil lives in all of us
Speak for yourself.

John tells us that one who has been born of God will not sin. If one does not sin, and that means he or she are living God’s Word, then they have God in them.

God and the devil will not live in the same home.

(John 14: 23) “Anyone who loves me will keep my word and my Father will love him, and we shall come to him and make a home in him.”

(John 14:21) “Anybody who receives my commandments and keeps them will be one who loves me; and anybody who loves me will be loved by My Father, and I shall love him and show myself to him.”

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Speak for yourself.

John tells us that one who has been born of God will not sin. If one does not sin, and that means he or she are living God’s Word, then they have God in them.

God and the devil will not live in the same home.

(John 14: 23) “Anyone who loves me will keep my word and my Father will love him, and we shall come to him and make a home in him.”

(John 14:21) “Anybody who receives my commandments and keeps them will be one who loves me; and anybody who loves me will be loved by My Father, and I shall love him and show myself to him.”
Yeah...um...Paul said evil and sin dwelt in his heart. You take scripture out of context buddy

Nietzsche

The Last Prussian
Premium Member
Yes there is much more, and your phrase of cherry picked, does not make what John said any less true. I believe your remark was nothing but a put down of me.

You must believe if you can make people believe that I am somehow manipulating scripture, they will not take what is quoted by me seriously.

You seem to be putting yourself up as one who know scripture. If that is so then do your best to prove me wrong. Prove me wrong by using the written Word of God.

Cherry pick indeed!
Do you have any particular translation you prefer/don't recognize? Or can you read Greek & Aramaic?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
There are sins of the flesh (we all do) and there are sins against The Holy Spirit. Why would Jesus "forgive sins" if the people believing in him didn't sin? Whose sins is he forgiving? Jesus has no authority to forgive sins against The Holy Spirit. Sins against The Holy Spirit are "of the devil".

Shiranui117

Pronounced Shee-ra-noo-ee
Premium Member
There is no one who lives and does not sin. This is confirmed by the Prophets, and reaffirmed by St. Paul.

Ecclesiastes 7:20 Indeed, there is not a righteous man on earth who continually does good and who never sins.

1 John 1:8 If we say that we have no sin, we are deceiving ourselves and the truth is not in us.

Romans 3:10-18
No, not at all. For we have already charged that all, both Jews and Greeks, are under sin, 10 as it is written:

“None is righteous, no, not one;
11 no one understands;
no one seeks for God.
12 All have turned aside; together they have become worthless;
no one does good,
not even one.”
13 “Their throat is an open grave;
they use their tongues to deceive.”
“The venom of asps is under their lips.”
14 “Their mouth is full of curses and bitterness.”
15 “Their feet are swift to shed blood;
16 in their paths are ruin and misery,
17 and the way of peace they have not known.”
18 “There is no fear of God before their eyes.”

Jesus preached repentance and forgave sinners. If Jesus commanded us to forgive those who sin against us over and over again, and if God receives the prodigal and the lost sheep, then we may still sin, and yet have God be with us. We are in imperfect communion with God, because every single one of us--yes, that includes you, Johnlove--carries the stain of our sins upon our hearts and our souls, and the image of God within us is marred by that.

Remember that there is more mercy in God than there is sin in us.

Nietzsche

The Last Prussian
Premium Member
There is no one who lives and does not sin. This is confirmed by the Prophets, and reaffirmed by St. Paul.

Ecclesiastes 7:20 Indeed, there is not a righteous man on earth who continually does good and who never sins.

1 John 1:8 If we say that we have no sin, we are deceiving ourselves and the truth is not in us.

Romans 3:10-18
No, not at all. For we have already charged that all, both Jews and Greeks, are under sin, 10 as it is written:

“None is righteous, no, not one;
11 no one understands;
no one seeks for God.
12 All have turned aside; together they have become worthless;
no one does good,
not even one.”
13 “Their throat is an open grave;
they use their tongues to deceive.”
“The venom of asps is under their lips.”
14 “Their mouth is full of curses and bitterness.”
15 “Their feet are swift to shed blood;
16 in their paths are ruin and misery,
17 and the way of peace they have not known.”
18 “There is no fear of God before their eyes.”

Jesus preached repentance and forgave sinners. If Jesus commanded us to forgive those who sin against us over and over again, and if God receives the prodigal and the lost sheep, then we may still sin, and yet have God be with us. We are in imperfect communion with God, because every single one of us--yes, that includes you, Johnlove--carries the stain of our sins upon our hearts and our souls, and the image of God within us is marred by that.

Remember that there is more mercy in God than there is sin in us.
Danke schoen, you saved me quite a bit of trouble. Though if he still wants it I can bring out the original verses in Greek & Aramaic.

Johnlove

So all you poster believe you know more than the apostle John.

Notice you all ignored the scripture of John’s that was quoted by me.

***staff edit***

Paul told us how God made it possible to not sin in Romans eight.

(Romans 8: 4) “He did this in order that the law’s just demands might be satisfied in us, who behave not as our unspiritual nature but as the Spirit dictates.”

(Romans 8: 4-5) “This was so that the Law's requirements might be fully satisfied in us as we direct our lives not by our natural inclinations but by the Spirit.”

***staff edit***

Jesus did not come to keep on forgiving sinners.

If Jesus wanted sinners to live with him in his kingdom, then he would not have come to make it so we could stop sinning. There were plenty of sinners before he came.

***staff edit***

(Hebrews 10:26-31) “If, after we have been given knowledge of the truth, we should deliberately commit any sins, then there is no longer any sacrifice for them. There is left only the dreadful prospect of judgment and of the fiery wrath that is to devour your enemies--------“

***staff edit***

(1 John 3:8) “He who does what is sinful is of the devil, because the devil has been sinning from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the devil's work”

Notice by the way it is scripture that says one is of the devil if he or she sins.

Do you poster believe that your understanding is greater than John’s?

Last edited by a moderator:

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I believe God's son Yeshua of Israel's understanding is greater than John's and I believe he will be with me as a believer so why would I rest my faith on words? I put faith in The Word. Do you not believe Christ lives?

Johnlove

I believe God's son Yeshua of Israel's understanding is greater than John's and I believe he will be with me as a believer so why would I rest my faith on words? I put faith in The Word. Do you not believe Christ lives?
Do you realize that the bible scripture quoted by me is the written Word of God?

Jesus personally told me that the Christian Bible is his written Word, and what John said is just what Jesus is telling us.

Also Jesus personally sat with me and used the bible to teach me that a Christian is dead to sin.

Your understanding of Jesus has no validity, and not scripture to say you are right.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Do you realize that the bible scripture quoted by me is the written Word of God?

Jesus personally told me that the Christian Bible is his written Word, and what John said is just what Jesus is telling us.

Also Jesus personally sat with me and used the bible to teach me that a Christian is dead to sin.

Your understanding of Jesus has no validity, and not scripture to say you are right.
Does scripture say there is more but you are not able to carry now? God can't not be kind. Some true things might cause tribulation to know them. You say you know it all. Is this correct?

Johnlove

Does scripture say there is more but you are not able to carry now? God can't not be kind. Some true things might cause tribulation to know them. You say you know it all. Is this correct?
Yes Jesus said that to the apostles. The apostles were with Jesus day and night for three years, and even then they needed the Holy Spirit to give them total understanding.

A Christian like the apostles are given the Holy Spirit/Jesus to give him or he total understanding.

(1 John 2: 27) “But you have not lost the anointing that he gave you, and you do not need anyone to teach you; the anointing he gave teaches you everything: you are anointed with truth, not with a lie, and as it has taught you, so you must stay in him.”

Notice John tells us that the Holy Spirit will teach us everything.

Jesus/Holy Spirit has been teaching me for over forty years. What I don’t know is not something that God believes that I need to know.

Johnlove

JohnLove himself I a, certain is under the influence of a demon posing as Jesus Christ; we must pray for him. As for the idea that it is possible to live a life free from sin, that is Pelagianism. Anyone who thinks they are not a sinner is winning through pride, by daring to liken themselves to Jesus and Mary.
You have an opinion, and it is very mean. You opinion could not be from scripture, because it never would be as mean.

You ignore the written Word of God, and it must be because it tells you that you are wrong.

(1 John 3:9) “No one who has been begotten by God sins; because God’s seed remains inside him, he cannot sin when he has been begotten by God.”

So do you say John was lying?

(1 John 3:9-10) “No one who is a child of God sins because God's seed remains in him. Nor can he sin, because he is a child of God. This is what distinguishes the children of God from the children of the devil: whoever does not live uprightly and does not love his brother is not from God.”

May be you don’t believe anyone is a child of God.

It is easy to see that a sinner is of the devil they are mean.

(1 John 2:6) “But if anyone obeys his word, God’s love is truly made complete in him. This is how we know we are in him: Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did”

Again do you believe Jesus sinned?

(Romans 6: 11) “In the same way, count yourselves dead to sin but alive to God in Christ Jesus. ... “

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
I know this to be true, and scripture confirms me to be right.

So a sinner can’t be a Christian. A Christian is a follower of Jesus Christ our Lord and God. Jesus obeyed the Father, and did not sin.

(1 John 3:5-6) “Now you know that he appeared in order to abolish sin, and that in him there is no sin; anyone who
Johnlove, love is what this is about. A sinner is a person who makes mistakes of any kind. A Christian is a person who is like Christ, but there is a third group that John is talking about. These are people who point the finger. They always are pointing out the faults of other people, and these are who John refers to as of the devil. Accusation is a major problem anywhere you go and causes all kinds of problems. I want to put forward a fact that the word 'Devil' is also translatable as 'Accuser'. (Talking about the Greek NT, not the Hebrew). So in the NT when you read 'Devil' it is possible to swap it for 'Accuser'. I am not saying it always means that, but it is a good thing to know.

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
The biggest trouble with saying that all sinners are of the devil is that we're all sinners, according to the faith. I think that is why Jesus made some of His commands: Such as "Judge not or you will be judged" and "take the log out of your own eye and then you will see clearly to take the splinter out of your brother's eye" and "God shows mercy to those who show mercy".
:hibiscus::hibiscus::hibiscus:

Johnlove

When people can’t find a ligament answer to a scripture they don’t believe or want to believe, they often try to destroy the person who is pointing out the truth.

John said people who sin are of the devil. I personally believe John was saying that one who deliberately commits a sin is of the devil.

Yet I also know that God makes it possible for one to never commit a wrongdoing.

So maybe we should take John’s Word just the way he said it.

Hebrews say that one who has been given the knowledge of the truth and deliberately commits a sin will never be forgiven.

(Hebrews 10:26-31) “If, after we have been given knowledge of the truth, we should deliberately commit any sins, then there is no longer any sacrifice for them. There is left only the dreadful prospect of judgment and of the fiery wrath that is to devour your enemies. Anyone who disregards the Law of Moses is ruthlessly put to death on the word of two witnesses or three; and you may be sure that anyone who tramples on the Son of God, and who treats the blood of the covenant which sanctified him as if it were not holy, and who insults the Spirit of grace, will be condemned to a far severer punishment. We are all aware who it was that said: Vengeance is mine; I will vindicate his people. It is a dreadful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.”

For the first thirty some years of my life I tried so hard to never sin. I went to Mass and Communion every day. Taught adult information classes, was very active in church activities. And even prayed that I would die before committing another sin. Yet I always failed.

Sin was part of my life until Jesus came to me and I received the Holy Spirit.

As Jesus/Holy Spirit taught me, sin no longer was part of my life.

God defeated Satan/sin in my life. It is only through God that one can defeat sin.

Jesus came to defeat sin, and also made it possible for us to defeat sin. That is the Good News!