• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

One reason why Jesus has not yet returned.

kylixguru

before the overthrow of the southern kingdom of Judah, Ezekiel gave this prophecy to Zedekiah the king: “Remove the turban, and lift off the crown. This will not be the same. Put on high even what is low, and bring low even the high one. A ruin, a ruin, a ruin I shall make it. As for this also, it will certainly become no one’s until he comes who has the legal right, and I must give it to him.”

So according to this prophecy, the Messiah would be the next ruler on the Davidic throne.
Nothing I said is contrary to that.

The big picture I see is there are three Messianic advents. The first from the House of Judah (Son, born to be future King), the second from the House of Ephraim (Holy Ghost, Adam made King but transgresses and dies) and the third from the House of Joseph (Father, Adam redeemed by Son via union regains throne in victory). All three of these Messianic advents are descendents of David. But, the Kingdom would not be established in victory until the third advent of the 3, the birthright "to whom it belongs". Thus, this is why we find things being delayed so long in order to allow for the judgment against the northern kingdom to expire.

Judah was destroyed by the Babylonians in 607bce, shortly after Ezekiels prophecy as stated above...they were taken captive at that time by Nebuchadnezzar...they were later collected together again and restored to Jerusalem when it was rebuilt at the order of King Cyrus.
Yes, the judgment against Judah was considerably shorter than the northern kingdom. Theirs was only 280 years. Thus, by the time Jesus came they were out from under their period of judgment. However, because they rejected Jesus, that became the time that Aholibah (Judah) was handed the cup of her sister Aholah (Samaria). This is why the Jews have remained dispersed for all these years as well. They were given the same cup.

From Nebuchadnezzar's time onward, the Davidic line of kings had been stopped. Jerusalem never did have their own kingly rule, Zedekiah was the last king and the one that would be next would be the Messiah as Ezekiel said "it will become no one's until he comes who has the legal right and I must give it to him"
Jesus was born to be king but he never actually took the throne in his lifetime. He said himself in Acts 1:7 that the time had not yet come for it to be established. The time for the one who has the right would not be opened up until the judgment against the northern kingdom had expired.

You should be interested in when the gentiles began to rule because the books of Daniel and Revelation give us the exact length of time that the gentiles would rule....the end of those times would be the starting point of when the Messiah was given the throne.
I am aware of those passages and I am of course interested in them. But, that doesn't change the fact that these other passages I have drawn attention to here are to be ignored. You seem to be trying to ignore them.

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
Nothing I said is contrary to that.

The big picture I see is there are three Messianic advents. The first from the House of Judah (Son, born to be future King), the second from the House of Ephraim (Holy Ghost, Adam made King but transgresses and dies) and the third from the House of Joseph (Father, Adam redeemed by Son via union regains throne in victory). All three of these Messianic advents are descendents of David. But, the Kingdom would not be established in victory until the third advent of the 3, the birthright "to whom it belongs". Thus, this is why we find things being delayed so long in order to allow for the judgment against the northern kingdom to expire.

Yes, the judgment against Judah was considerably shorter than the northern kingdom. Theirs was only 280 years. Thus, by the time Jesus came they were out from under their period of judgment. However, because they rejected Jesus, that became the time that Aholibah (Judah) was handed the cup of her sister Aholah (Samaria). This is why the Jews have remained dispersed for all these years as well. They were given the same cup.

Jesus was born to be king but he never actually took the throne in his lifetime. He said himself in Acts 1:7 that the time had not yet come for it to be established. The time for the one who has the right would not be opened up until the judgment against the northern kingdom had expired.

I am aware of those passages and I am of course interested in them. But, that doesn't change the fact that these other passages I have drawn attention to here are to be ignored. You seem to be trying to ignore them.

ok then.

Ubjon

Jesus hasn't come back because dead people generally don't come back to life without medical intervention immediately after death. What made Jesus, a unique arrangement of atoms, is so unlikely to arise again that its essentially impossible. Combined with the limited reliable information on Jesus we'd have no way of knowing if a reincarnation of Jesus was the same as the historical Jesus.

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
Jesus hasn't come back because dead people generally don't come back to life without medical intervention immediately after death. What made Jesus, a unique arrangement of atoms, is so unlikely to arise again that its essentially impossible. Combined with the limited reliable information on Jesus we'd have no way of knowing if a reincarnation of Jesus was the same as the historical Jesus.

thats the 2nd time i've heard someone say 'reincarnation'

Jesus never said he would be reincarnated. He was resurrected in the spirit which means the spirit body he was raised in is the same spirit body he has right now. he does not need to be resurrected again or reincarnated in the flesh.

He is a spirit.

Ubjon

thats the 2nd time i've heard someone say 'reincarnation'

Jesus never said he would be reincarnated. He was resurrected in the spirit which means the spirit body he was raised in is the same spirit body he has right now. he does not need to be resurrected again or reincarnated in the flesh.

He is a spirit.

Oh that clears everything up then :no:

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
Oh that clears everything up then :no:

well let me just say that, like God who can manage things perfectly well from his heavenly position, Jesus can likewise manage earths affairs from a heavenly position

'The world will behold me no more" are his words because he knew that he wasnt coming back in the flesh....and why would he? Where on earth could he go where someone wouldnt try to kill him again??? Even the pope has to ride around in a bullet proof buggy

Ubjon

well let me just say that, like God who can manage things perfectly well from his heavenly position, Jesus can likewise manage earths affairs from a heavenly position

'The world will behold me no more" are his words because he knew that he wasnt coming back in the flesh....and why would he? Where on earth could he go where someone wouldnt try to kill him again??? Even the pope has to ride around in a bullet proof buggy

I'm afraid this all sounds a bit wishy washy to me. Got any evidence for any of this? As far as I'm concerned Jesus or whoever he was at the time he is reported to have lived is long dead and thats that.

kylixguru

The term "world" being used here means He wouldn't return until Day 1 of the "world to come". It is not referring to the physical planet. I will agree that He has been operating in this world by way of his immortal intelligence through the faculties of spirit.

But, He is coming back in the flesh when the new heavens and new earth are to be completed. How else could there be an advent of Messiah from the House of Joseph to fulfill the prophecy of Shiloh? How else can there be one fold and one shepherd over them all when the two kingdoms are brought back together as Ezekiel prophesied? His bodily return has not been eligible since this year. And, it's not any coincidence the judgment against the northern kingdom spanned the time to get us well into the last days when the new creation would be brought in as the old is perishing.

Also, just as there are different kinds of death, there are also different kinds of resurrection. There is physical death and spiritual death. So to is there physical resurrectin and spiritual resurrection. What you call resurrection is a kind of resurrection too, but not one the scriptures speak of much. Upon death of our physical body our immortal spirit is like the driver getting out of the vehicle and "moving on". Our flesh is a vehicle. Who and what we are is immortal and its continuation to exist is not a resurrection, it just is.

Last edited by a moderator:

Beta

Hi , You are touching on an interesting point. Would Jesus come back in the flesh as he was the first time with all human weaknesses and human dependencies ? This is highly unlikely !!!
Does the Bible not mention a 'resurrected glorified body ' ? Would he not be able to appear or disappear 'instantaniously' as he did to his Disciples or as in Revelation 1 ? He would not need anywhere to live or be in fear of his life since he could not die again or even be injured - likewise the 144.000 with him ?
I don't think that people have any concept of what or who they will encounter at the return of Christ.

Gauss

Belöow my humble opinions in this matter, no truth offered.

Because Jesus comes down and reincarnates in the flesh again just as a normal human being(just like the first time). Nobody(except Elijah) will know he is Jesus.

After he starts genuine self-cultivation he will raise his cultivation level fast and gradually become a divine being with supernormal powers. After Judgment the Son-of-Man(Elijah) will show everyone who is Jesus because Jesus will be his disciple just like the first time(John the Baptist taught him last time, this time Elijah is teaching him).

And Jesus is no "spirit". Spirits exist everywhere, are lowly creatures and have no heavenly status, to say that Jesus is a spirit is slanderring Jesus.

Last edited:

Gauss

Hi , You are touching on an interesting point. Would Jesus come back in the flesh as he was the first time with all human weaknesses and human dependencies ? This is highly unlikely !!!
Does the Bible not mention a 'resurrected glorified body ' ? Would he not be able to appear or disappear 'instantaniously' as he did to his Disciples or as in Revelation 1 ? He would not need anywhere to live or be in fear of his life since he could not die again or even be injured - likewise the 144.000 with him ?
I don't think that people have any concept of what or who they will encounter at the return of Christ.

There is a golden rule that everyone must come out of the mother´s womb and cultivate up to a divine status. It is also told in the bible by Jesus that John the Baptist(alias Elijah - the Son-of-Man) was the greatest Man of all:

I tell you the truth: Among those born of women there has not risen anyone greater than John the Baptist; yet he who is least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he.

From the days of John the Baptist until now, the kingdom of heaven has been forcefully advancing, and forceful men lay hold of it.

For all the Prophets and the Law prophesied until John.

And if you are willing to accept it, he is the Elijah who was to come.

Must not Jesus come out of a mother´s womb? He must absolutely do that and he will not know he is Jesus until he starts to cultivate back up to heavenly heights and regains his divine powers.

Just my two cents. No truth offered whatsoever.

kylixguru

Must not Jesus come out of a mother´s womb? He must absolutely do that and he will not know he is Jesus until he starts to cultivate back up to heavenly heights and regains his divine powers.
I don't view resurrection and reincarnation as interchangeable (in all respects). I believe that Jesus does resurrect but not in a process of reincarnation.

As I see it, the King-Messiah (the Branch) who comes from the House of Joseph is His own individual just as Jesus was his own individual. His resurrection comes to pass by way of the process of the Branch obtaining spiritual union with the immortalized soul of Jesus Christ in the same way that Jesus Christ obtained spiritual union with His Father.

Thus, the Branch Messiah does receive cultivation under the watchful care of the Elijah (or Son of Man) that has the responsibility to anoint Him as the King-Priest over the whole House of Israel once He takes notice that the resurrection has taken place. Once resurrected, Christ ascends to His throne.

>One rason why Jesus hasn't returned

Jesus the man will NEVER return: He was a one-time phenomenon!

But the CHRIST SPIRIT has indeed returned, and indeed did so about a century and a half ago, with the new name both the Jewish and Christian scriptures promised!

And the Baha'i Faith, which is already world wide, is the direct result of this event!

Bruce

Not to be rude, but your post sounds very egotistical. In the text of your religious faith, it is state that Muhammad was a "Jesus". Therefore, according to your faith, and my own, "Christ" did return in the flesh a couple times.

The opener is discussing about the "Second Coming", "Messiah Arrival", "Judgment Day" and why hasn't it occurred.

One reason why he hasn't returned, is that it's not the proper time. You see, many people have to go through hell until they turn to God.It is only in our weakest moment that we can lose our pride, and turn to the Creator. We must experience Hell, to truly appreciate Heaven.
I know God doesn't want us in that hellish fire, unless we truly deserve it.

Last edited:

BruceDLimber

Yes, there have indeed been multiple Divine Messengers appearing since that time, but the fact remains that the latest (though not the last) is Baha'u'llah, Who brought the Baha'i Faith.

So the point stands.

Peace, :)

Bruce

kylixguru

Yes, there have indeed been multiple Divine Messengers appearing since that time, but the fact remains that the latest (though not the last) is Baha'u'llah, Who brought the Baha'i Faith.

So the point stands.

Peace, :)

Bruce
Your point doesn't stand according to the OP.

How about you actually carefully examine its points and address them directly instead of cluttering this thread with your simple assertions?

kylixguru

Not a problem: he doesn't define our religion.

Bruce
Huh? Who is "he"?

Where in law was the founder of your religion given a bye?

Any man who takes a put away bride is caused to commit adultery.
What dealings have the Bahai had toward the dispersed of Israel?

If Bahai's founders were nothing more than cheerleaders standing on the sidelines then they are nothing anyone needs to take all that seriously.

BruceDLimber

Obviously, the original poster!

And as the rest of your stuff is completely irrelevant (not to mention uninformed), it need not even be addressed.

End of conversation.

Bruce

kylixguru

Obviously, the original poster!
Excuse me but that is me. Are you trying to say that you can come in here and define your religion after making a casual dismissal of the points I raised? I consider that quite rude.

And as the rest of your stuff is completely irrelevant (not to mention uninformed), it need not even be addressed.
It needs to be addressed if you are participating in this thread. If the OP is uninformed, where are its flaws?

End of conversation.
Not so. Anyone may continue to address the substance of the OP. I wish you would instead of coming into this thread and spouting off your unsubstantiated and irrelevant assertions.

Your religion claims to be a continuation of the Abrahamic God's unfolding of things. Yet, it appears you give no significant consideration to the Bible.