• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

One Of Hundreds.....of Missing Links!!!

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
There is no "Proof" in science.

Evolution is the best (most parsimonious) explanation to fit the data. Evolution provides not only an explanation for the evidence but a predictive framework to work with.

Tiktaalik was wonderful because evolutionary theory had predicted that we would find it... in the rocks of the age we found it in... with the mosaic of features we found it with.

That is why Tiktaalik is important.

We had Panderichthys and Acanthostega... evolutionary theory says that we should find an animal younger than Panderichtys but older than Acanthostega that has features intermediate to both.

And there it was...

wa:do

Women_Of_Reason

Mystery Lover
Here it is the missing link scientists have been looking for to disprove creationists.
This is amazingly comical, but for serious advocates of science ..I know,it's no laughing matter..it's science and the proof they were looking for..!!!

www.nytimes.com/2006/04/05/science/05cnd-fossil.html

You must have a weird sense of humour.
This is funny because........?

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Here it is the missing link scientists have been looking for to disprove creationists.
This is amazingly comical, but for serious advocates of science ..I know,it's no laughing matter..it's science and the proof they were looking for..!!!

www.nytimes.com/2006/04/05/science/05cnd-fossil.html

I find your inability and/or refusal to understand science even more comical. But not nearly as comical as the fact that you actually take the mythology and superstitions of bronze age goat herders seriously and literally.

Last edited:

roli

Born Again,Spirit Filled
I find your inability and/or refusal to understand science even more comical. But not nearly as comical as the fact that you actually take the mythology and superstitions of bronze age goat herders seriously and literally.

Science truly is an amazing accomplishment by man, but knowing the one who created everything that man studies and discovers is slightly more advantageous, in more ways than one.
But, I truly don't suspect you have knowledge or expereince in this area and that is to your misfortune.
Knowing the things of this life, via science is intellectually stimulating and gradifying, but knowing the things of both this and the next life,is well, certainly more assuring and rewarding, giving a peace and surety far beyond what the natural man can intellectually comprehend. That is unless he is born again by the spirit of God
To you it's a superstitious myth, but to me a every other born again spirit filled Christian it is more real than this conversation, seeing is not believing ,believing is seeing.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Science truly is an amazing accomplishment by man, but knowing the one who created everything that man studies and discovers is slightly more advantageous, in more ways than one.
But, I truly don't suspect you have knowledge or expereince in this area and that is to your misfortune.
Knowing the things of this life, via science is intellectually stimulating and gradifying, but knowing the things of both this and the next life,is well, certainly more assuring and rewarding, giving a peace and surety far beyond what the natural man can intellectually comprehend. That is unless he is born again by the spirit of God
To you it's a superstitious myth, but to me a every other born again spirit filled Christian it is more real than this conversation, seeing is not believing ,believing is seeing.

I really don't know why this has to keep being repeated over and over, but the theory of evolution and the concept of a god are not mutually exclusive! People can still have their science AND their god. The only thing that it would be in conflict with is a literal interpretation of various creation myths (which are far, far more nonsensical and comical than evolution, which unlike the creation myths actually makes sense and has insurmountable evidence to back it up.

What makes you think evolution can't be a continual creation process of god's?

Last edited:

Women_Of_Reason

Mystery Lover
Oh, I don't know... ..maybe watching evolutionists scurry around looking for their smoking gun ! :)
You mean actually researching and observing the world. Yeah, you are right, that is pretty stupid. Only revelations can teach us about the universe, every one knows that.
Why bother researching anything, it's not like we have any diseases to cure anyways.