• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

One has to wonder...

sparc872

messenger_reason.jpg

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
Just in case some people don’t know, this is actually a Martin Luther quote.

Reason is the greatest enemy that faith has: it never comes to the aid of spritual things, but--more frequently than not --struggles against the Divine Word....
Here are some more Martin Luther quotes.

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
This mindset stems from biblical scripture. This quote, posted...

Reason is the greatest enemy that faith has: it never comes to the aid of spritual things, but--more frequently than not --struggles against the Divine Word....

...this summarizes what the Word states pertaining to spirituality vs. knowledge.

Faint

OP: At least they're owning up to it.

For my part, it never ceases to amaze me that people glory so much in being unreasonable. I mean, once you defenestrate logic--what's to stop you from having faith in anything else...including the IPU, FSM, or Mauve Queen of Cats?

Halcyon

Lord of the Badgers
Lol, looks like some people need to refresh their Greek.

Logos is the word used at the beginning of John's gospel, "In the beginning was the Logos, and the Logos was with God, and the Logos was God."
Usually it is translated as Word - but it can also, quite rightly, be translated as Logic or Reason.

Thus, in a way, they are saying "the Logos is the greatest enemy that Faith has..."

Which i'm pretty sure is blasphemous :D