• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

ONCE AGAIN! Facts in the Bible is supported by archaeology.

PruePhillip

How many of them would have accepted that Jesus was the Messiah?

Next to none. Isaiah stated "who has believed our report and to whom
is the arm of the Lord revealed?"
David said the Messiah's own brothers and sisters would not believe
him.
And so on, so on.

ecco

Veteran Member
What is deeply impressive about the bible is the number of people who
wrote of the Messiah before he even arrived. This includes Jacob's
vision of the Messiah ending a future nation of Israel; David's vision of
the Messiah as the rejected and reigning king; Job vision of the Messiah
as Redeemer; Zechariah's vision of the Messiah coming first as Redeemer
and again as King - and so on.

How many of them would have accepted that Jesus was the Messiah?

Next to none. Isaiah stated "who has believed our report and to whom
is the arm of the Lord revealed?"
David said the Messiah's own brothers and sisters would not believe
him.
And so on, so on.

I'm confused by your comments. First you write...
What is deeply impressive about the bible is the number of people who wrote of the Messiah before he even arrived.​
Then you state that (almost) no one accepted Jesus as the Messiah.

So you are impressed by people predictively writing about a Messiah who did not appear. Those people and their religious descendants are still waiting for a Messiah, so their predictions never came to pass. Yet you are deeply impressed by their predictions.

PruePhillip

What is deeply impressive about the bible is the number of people who wrote of the Messiah before he even arrived.​

So you are impressed by people predictively writing about a Messiah who did not appear. Those people and their religious descendants are still waiting for a Messiah, so their predictions never came to pass. Yet you are deeply impressed by their predictions.

Sounds strange, doesn't it. Almost as strange as the crowds who strawed palm leaves before
Jesus as He entered Jerusalem, and the crowds who rejected him days later and sought his
crucifixion. Different people.
Fact is there remain TWO Messianic themes - the Redeemer and the King. The Jews didn't
want a Redeemer, they wanted a worldly king. And most still do. But some scripture links the
two Messiahs as one.

ecco

Veteran Member
ecco previously...
What is deeply impressive about the bible is the number of people who wrote of the Messiah before he even arrived.

So you are impressed by people predictively writing about a Messiah who did not appear. Those people and their religious descendants are still waiting for a Messiah, so their predictions never came to pass. Yet you are deeply impressed by their predictions.​

Fact is there remain TWO Messianic themes - the Redeemer and the King. The Jews didn't want a Redeemer, they wanted a worldly king. And most still do. But some scripture links the two Messiahs as one.

That does not address why you are deeply impressed with predictive writings that failed to be predictive.

: I was deeply impressed by Joe. He predicted the Giants would win.
: But the Giants didn't win, the Minis won.
: I know, but there were some other people thought the Minis would win. Joe was right because he predicted a team would win.

Uh huh.

PruePhillip

ecco previously...
What is deeply impressive about the bible is the number of people who wrote of the Messiah before he even arrived.

So you are impressed by people predictively writing about a Messiah who did not appear. Those people and their religious descendants are still waiting for a Messiah, so their predictions never came to pass. Yet you are deeply impressed by their predictions.​

That does not address why you are deeply impressed with predictive writings that failed to be predictive.

: I know, but there were some other people thought the Minis would win. Joe was right because he predicted a team would win.

Uh huh.

A 50/50 chance of a sports win is a false equivalence "argument."
The thrust of Messianic prophecy played out over 4,000 years -
it involved the symbol of land, the "promised land" of Canaan and
the rise of a Hebrew (formerly Sumerian?) people and nation, which
would END with the Messiah. But both nation and Messiah would
return in the "latter days."
In Israel today you are seeing the nation aspect being played out.
It's not finished yet, but well underway. And the bible says the Jews
will see their Messiah as King, and will mourn for him "who they
pierced."

ecco

Veteran Member
ecco previously...

: I know, but there were some other people thought the Minis would win. Joe was right because he predicted a team would win.​
A 50/50 chance of a sports win is a false equivalence "argument."

You obviously didn't understand the analogy. It wasn't about 50/50, it was about pretending that an incorrect prediction was a valid prediction. A prediction that you said was "deeply impressive".

The thrust of Messianic prophecy played out over 4,000 years -
it involved the symbol of land, the "promised land" of Canaan and
the rise of a Hebrew (formerly Sumerian?) people and nation, which
would END with the Messiah. But both nation and Messiah would
return in the "latter days."
In Israel today you are seeing the nation aspect being played out.
It's not finished yet, but well underway. And the bible says the Jews
will see their Messiah as King, and will mourn for him "who they
pierced."

Don't try to duck and dodge. The predicted Messiah never appeared. To say that maybe someday he will is just wishful thinking.

PruePhillip

ecco previously...

: I know, but there were some other people thought the Minis would win. Joe was right because he predicted a team would win.​

You obviously didn't understand the analogy. It wasn't about 50/50, it was about pretending that an incorrect prediction was a valid prediction. A prediction that you said was "deeply impressive".

Don't try to duck and dodge. The predicted Messiah never appeared. To say that maybe someday he will is just wishful thinking.

Quote "The predicted Messiah never appeared"
What was the prediction? There are TWO prophecies concerning
the Messiah - suffering Redeemer and Reigning King. Jesus came
as the redeemer, laying down His life as the Lamb of God. This
aspect of prophecy is usually ignored by observant Jews - they
wait for the reigning king. But the bible says you can't rejoice in the
king if you don't accept the one who redeemed you.
Some Jews are quite adamant about Jesus, but don't consider
the 2,000 years of exile and suffering imposed upon them.

The Anointed

It was the prophet Zephaniah through whom the Lord said; "I am going to destroy everything 'ON EARTH', All human beings and animals, birds and fish. I will bring about the downfall of the wicked. I will destroy mankind and no survivors will be left. I the Lord have spoken. . . . . . . . . "On the day when the Lord shows his fury, not even all their gold and silver will save them. The whole 'EARTH' will be destroyed by the fire of his anger. He will put an end----a sudden end----to everyone who lives 'ON EARTH.' "

According to the scriptures, this occurs just after the thousand year rule of Christ, when heavenly fire is said to incinerate all physical life forms on this planet.

The weekly Sabbath, said Paul, in Colossians 2: 17; was but a shadow of the reality in the future, which is the Great Sabbath, the Lords day of one thousand years.

From the Book of Jubilees 4: 30; "And He (Adam) lacked seventy years of one thousand years; for one thousand years are as one day in the testimony of the heavens and therefore was it written concerning the tree of knowledge: "On the day thou eat thereof ye shall die." For this reason, Adam did not complete the years of that first day; for He died during it." Adam died at the age of 930 in the first day.

According to Jewish time, the first destruction of the Temple of Solomon, was 3338 AM, which is 3338 years from Adam. Our time for that destruction of the temple is 587 BC. So adding 587 to 3338, we see that from the birth of Adam to 1 BC=1AD there is 3925 years, add to that the current date, 2019, (3,925+2019=5,944) and we are now living in the 5,944 th year from the birth of Adam (These dates are very ambiguous) which, if one can accept these dates, leaves us another 56 years before the close of the 6th day and the beginning of the 7th, which is the great Sabbath, “The Day of The Lord” the seventh period of one thousand years from the day that Adam ate of the forbidden fruit and died in that first day at the age of 930, which day begins after the greatest period of tribulation that this world has ever seen.

The war to end all wars, The battle of Armageddon.

This coming period of tribulation is said to be so severe, that if it were not for the intervention of the Lord, no flesh would survive. We are almost at the close of the sixth day, and soon comes the great tribulation, which is the war to end all wars, after which the Sabbath will dawn, but when? Nobody knows the exact date.

ecco

Veteran Member
So, which prediction came true?

ecco

Veteran Member
It was the prophet Zephaniah through whom the Lord said; "I am going to destroy everything 'ON EARTH', All human beings and animals, birds and fish. I will bring about the downfall of the wicked. I will destroy mankind and no survivors will be left. I the Lord have spoken. . . . . . . . . "On the day when the Lord shows his fury, not even all their gold and silver will save them. The whole 'EARTH' will be destroyed by the fire of his anger. He will put an end----a sudden end----to everyone who lives 'ON EARTH.' "

According to the scriptures, this occurs just after the thousand year rule of Christ, when heavenly fire is said to incinerate all physical life forms on this planet.

The weekly Sabbath, said Paul, in Colossians 2: 17; was but a shadow of the reality in the future, which is the Great Sabbath, the Lords day of one thousand years.

From the Book of Jubilees 4: 30; "And He (Adam) lacked seventy years of one thousand years; for one thousand years are as one day in the testimony of the heavens and therefore was it written concerning the tree of knowledge: "On the day thou eat thereof ye shall die." For this reason, Adam did not complete the years of that first day; for He died during it." Adam died at the age of 930 in the first day.

According to Jewish time, the first destruction of the Temple of Solomon, was 3338 AM, which is 3338 years from Adam. Our time for that destruction of the temple is 587 BC. So adding 587 to 3338, we see that from the birth of Adam to 1 BC=1AD there is 3925 years, add to that the current date, 2019, (3,925+2019=5,944) and we are now living in the 5,944 th year from the birth of Adam (These dates are very ambiguous) which, if one can accept these dates, leaves us another 56 years before the close of the 6th day and the beginning of the 7th, which is the great Sabbath, “The Day of The Lord” the seventh period of one thousand years from the day that Adam ate of the forbidden fruit and died in that first day at the age of 930, which day begins after the greatest period of tribulation that this world has ever seen.

The war to end all wars, The battle of Armageddon.

This coming period of tribulation is said to be so severe, that if it were not for the intervention of the Lord, no flesh would survive.

We are almost at the close of the sixth day, and soon comes the great tribulation, which is the war to end all wars, after which the Sabbath will dawn, but when? Nobody knows the exact date.
So, what's your point?

PruePhillip

So, which prediction came true?

Of the two sets, the Redeemer must come true first.
The second, when the Jews will mourn for the one
they "pierced" is termed the Second Coming.
Zechariah talks about these two appearances, ie
the reigning king who had before come to them lowly
and riding upon a donkey.

Last edited:

The Anointed

So, what's your point?

I thought that would be obvious to a blind man.

My point is, that the prophecy of the coming of the Lord and the establishing of his Kingdom on earth, is yet to occur in the not to soon foreseeable future.

But future events really have nothing to do with the theme of this thread which is, " Facts in the Bible is supported by archaeology." So I offer the following in support of the thread: "Kathleen Kenyon, a most respected archaeologist dug at Jericho over the seasons between 1952 to 1958, her results were confirmed in 1995 by radiocarbon tests, which dated the destruction of Jericho to 1562 BC (Plus/minus 38 years) with a certainty of 95%.

The radiocarbon tests which dated the destruction of Jericho to 1562 BC (plus/minus 38 years) with a certainty of 95%, confirm that the biblical date of 1527 BC for the destruction, agrees with Kathleen Kenyon’s findings.

If Josephus the historian is correct and the exodus of the Shepherd Kings did occur in 1567 BC, and Jericho was destroyed after they had wandered in the desert for 40 years, then according to the biblical account, the destruction of Jericho would have occurred around 1527 BC. 1567-40=1527.

1562 (minus 38 years) [1562-38=1524 BC.] this would mean that Jericho fell somewhere between 1562 and 1524 BC, close enough to the 40 years after Josephus’ date for the Exodus in 1567. [1567-40=1527 BC]

Last edited:

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I thought that would be obvious to a blind man.

My point is that the prophecy of the coming of the Lord and the establishing of his Kingdom on earth, is yet to occur in the not to soon seeable future.

That was supposed to happen about 2,000 years ago. Don't you think it is a little late?

The Anointed

That was supposed to happen about 2,000 years ago. Don't you think it is a little late?

Nope! Jesus might have been born 2,000 years ago, but the exodus of the Israelites occurred, 430 years from the day that Abraham entered Egypt. But then we can expect atheists who have never really studied the scriptures to think that the exodus occurred only 2,000 years ago.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Nope! Jesus might have been born 2,000 years ago, but the exodus of the Israelites occurred, 430 years from the day that Abraham entered Egypt. But then we can expect atheists who have never really studied the scriptures to think that the exodus occurred only 2,000 years ago.
No, Exodus is likely a myth as well. Ask any archaeologist. A group as large as was said to have existed in the Bible would have left an imprint on the land. There is no such imprint. Not is there any record in Egypt.

Taking the Bible literally is the quickest way to refute it.

The Anointed

No, Exodus is likely a myth as well. Ask any archaeologist. A group as large as was said to have existed in the Bible would have left an imprint on the land. There is no such imprint. Not is there any record in Egypt.

Taking the Bible literally is the quickest way to refute it.

Well, the so called exodus that you reckoned happened 2,000 ago, would certainly be a myth, A myth started by an atheist.

A Nomadic tribe, who wandered the wilderness for 40 years, moving from camp to camp, eating mainly the heavenly Manna and leaving behind at each camp site, their faeces and near on nothing else, and after some 3.5 thousand years you except to find those camp sites. What are laugh. Your statement there is almost as laughable as your belief that the exodus occurred only 2,000 years ago

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Well, the so called exodus that you reckoned happened 2,000 ago, would certainly be a myth, A myth started by an atheist.

A Nomadic tribe, who wandered the wilderness for 40 years, moving from camp to camp, eating mainly the heavenly Manna and leaving behind at each camp site, their faeces and near on nothing else, and after some 3.5 thousand years you except to find those camp sites. What are laugh. Your statement there is almost as laughable as your belief that the exodus occurred only 2,000 years ago
Please, no strawmen allowed. The problem is that a childish belief in magic is what is laughable.

The Anointed

Please, no strawmen allowed. The problem is that a childish belief in magic is what is laughable.

Nah mate, nothing , 'absolutely nothing,' could be more laughable than your belief that the exodus occurred 2,000 years ago, and you have the audacity to say that you understand the scriptures. Now that is really laughable.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Nah mate, nothing , 'absolutely nothing,' could be more laughable than your belief that the exodus occurred 2,000 years ago, and you have the audacity to say that you understand the scriptures. Now that is really laughable.
I never made such a claim. Are you trying to be dishonest?

The Anointed

I never made such a claim. Are you trying to be dishonest?

Sorry about that young fellow. Your post which spoke of an event that you erroneously believed had occurred 2,000 years ago, followed my Post, which reveals that Jericho fell 40 years after the exodus, and I believed that was the event you were referring too, so please accept my apology for that.

But apparently you were referring to my post concerning the great tribulation, the war to end all wars, that is to occur at the close of the sixth day immediately before the seventh day, which is the great Sabbath of one thousand years, of which Paul says, is the future reality of the weekly Sabbath, the day of the Lord when he shall judge the whole world with justice, after which comes the end of all physical life forms on this planet.

Last edited: