• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

On opening the US to more Syrian Refugees.

I support Obama's directive.

• Yes.

Votes: 11 91.7%
  • No.

Votes: 1 8.3%

• Total voters

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
The USA already hosts many millions of refugees.
Most of them are from Mexico.

What's another 10,000?
I just hope we screen these immigrants a good deal better than the previous ones.

Tom

Laika

Premium Member
Voted "Yes". This is what America is about.

Three-Immigrants.jpg

"Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

tumblr_mtwkr7Cpm91repxdeo7_1280.jpg

Quetzal

A little to the left and slightly out of focus.
Premium Member
I always believe we have a responsibility, as a country, to do everything we can for those in need. I voted in favor.

Brickjectivity

One
Staff member
Premium Member
I think that is the kind of decision that the president gets to make, and as long as he doesn't drag us into another war that isn't absolutely necessary to save our own skins then he may take in as many refugees as he thinks is appropriate, but there must be a record of how they are taken care of. Somebody has to take responsibility for their introduction to this country. These are vulnerable people, and there is always someone looking to take advantage of vulnerable people. If they come here and get treated bad, then, no don't invite another 10,000; but if we are being good hosts then, yes invite another 10,000.