• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Omnipotence Paradox and God's Limitations

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
You assume that God is responsible for childhood leukemia and mosquitoes? Why would you make that assumption? Do you have a picture of some big ogre in the sky pointing to a hapless child and bestowing blood cancer? :facepalm: Good grief...no wonder you are an unbeliever!

I believe you believe your omni everything god created heaven and earth. That includes all that exists. You cannot cherry pick the good bits of nature and blame the bad on someone else, that implies that omni is a misrepresentation.

MJFlores

I pray to a bottle of milk. It seems to answer my prayers quite reliably.

Ciao

- viole

That's great isn't it?

I pray you'll be our eyes, and watch us where we go.
And help us to be wise in times when we don't know
Let this be our prayer, when we lose our way
Lead us to the place, guide us with your grace
To a place where we'll be safe

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
That's great isn't it?

I pray you'll be our eyes, and watch us where we go.
And help us to be wise in times when we don't know
Let this be our prayer, when we lose our way
Lead us to the place, guide us with your grace
To a place where we'll be safe

I don’t need this. Since I have not lost my way, i know where I am going, and i feel pretty safe. So, even if God exists, He is useless to me. He should pray to me instead, actually.

Incidentally, the correlation between religiosity and safety provided by society, is probably causation explaining, for instance, why people living in nations with a strong welfare are more atheistic.

Ciao

- viole

Last edited: