• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Old Testament Battles and Wars

Is it ok for a Christian to go into a battle or war?

• Yes

Votes: 9 52.9%
  • No

Votes: 8 47.1%

• Total voters
Why is their always such a problem with this.

If you want to live you fight. You want to die you turn the other cheek.
Christian or not, life mattes, and i'm sure god wouldn't want you to just stand there and have your head cut or blown off by a fanatic or something.

Self defense and war are for your life. Of course it's okay for a Christian to go into battle:
Do unto God what's God and do unto Caesar what's Caesars. Read:
Save your soul, Join the Army if you want

kevmicsmi

lilithu said:
What about when Jesus says when someone strikes you, turn and offer the other cheek?

Just throwing that fly in the ointment. ;)

Onward, Christian soldiers, marching as to war,
With the cross of Jesus going on before.
Christ, the royal Master, leads against the foe;
Forward into battle see His banners go!

Onward, Christian soldiers, marching as to war,
With the cross of Jesus going on before....

Jesus was not charged with mainatining the safety of citizens pollitically

Scuba Pete

Le plongeur avec attitude...
Man has always blamed God from time immemorial. We go to war in the "name" of God. We put it in our scriptures as if that justifies it.

The Bible is a Blog of man trying to understand the incomprehensible. The OT shows God in a most unflattering light MOSTLY because man used him to justify the unspeakable. If a catastrophe happened (like a flood), they had to justify it.

But God IS Love. There are but two commandments: Love God and Love everyone else. Is it right for Christians to go to war? It's up to the Christian to determine if LOVE is driving him to it. Love for his family or his countrymen may just compel him into the fray. Who am I to judge? Personally, there is no way that I could pull a trigger in a war to end someone else's life, no matter HOW justified I think their death might be. However, threaten my son or daughter and you might unleash a monster.

As for the current war, I think it's reprehensible that we are the AGGRESSORS. Iraq had nothing to do with 9/11 and Shrub's only reason for this was to be re-elected. We have no business being there and we need to get out NOW.