• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Old but still seeking!

janni

They say that no one is the same person two days in a row; and that is true as the way we see things evolves with all new input. I've been down many roads in my life and I'm still turning more corners. When I came to this site I first posted in General Religious Discussions, but thought I'd do better among other seekers. Here's my history, all of which contributes to my current views. At the start, let me say that I lost a son four years ago and he seems to keep in touch by manipulating electronics. So I am seeking answers about communications between the planes, as well as answers to who has sent or is sending the most honest information across.

My life. I was born in PA and grew up among the Amish and Mennonites.
I was raised as a Christian Science child, and taught that Mary Baker Eddy was divinely inspired. I became disenchanted with that religion when I was 17 (I will explain about that later). I became an agnostic.

Next I married a Roman Catholic and then joined that church. Divine enlightenment abounded in their teachings via Saints and all their leaders. I left them when I left my first husband.

Back in the 70s I dove into the New Age thing with all the psychic and metaphysical forms that it embodied. I did Reiki, visited mediums, studied Buddhism and all the rest. I became engrossed in all the info that came through Edgar Cayce.

Then I got caught up with Fundamentalist Christians. I became a born-again Christian, baptized by the Holy Spirit. Had to pitch all my New Age books, etc. Eventually I came to see these people as blind archers, shooting weird prayers unsuspecting victims.

Eventually I remarried. My husband and I found ourselves a Spiritualist minister to perform the ceremony. I feel we were blessed.

Others of my family are now Mormons. I’ve just read some of their history and am a bit dismayed by their supposedly divine message. Specifically the divine revelation that men should marry multiple women!

One of my sons has become a radical fanatical Fundamentalist Christian. But some of the things that he thinks God tells him to do just don’t seem right to me. For instance I am going through a hard time right now, with a seriously sick husband and although my son lives nearby, he has not offered his hand to help. I've come across this problem before. Seek the Bible and it tells them to help the widows and orphans. Sorry, I don't fit.

So what do I believe right now? I think many paths lead to the truth, but I think many people or sorely mislead. I believe Jesus was one of many leaders. I believe my dead son is alive and well, and cares about me, on some other plane. And I don't think it is wrong to communicate with him.

Has anyone on this forum traveled a similar path to mine? Got any thoughts or advice?

Vultar

I have followed a somewhat similar path in that I was born into a Roman Catholic household and rejected the religion due to inconsistancies with logic and reason. In my early 20's while in the military I was involved in and unfortunate accident which by the doctors accounts, killed me (ok it seems a bit weird as I'm currently quite alive and typing this). Apparently, I was able to resurrect myself (much to the confusion of the doctors) and went on my merry way.

I did discover what was "on the other side" but didn't pay it much mind as I simply put it off to a "strange experience". However, over the next 22 or so years I discovered that some of the things experienced in my "afterlife" experience were still with me (ability to mess with electrical and electronic devices, ability to feel what others were feeling, ability to move things without touching them, ability to walk out into the rain and not get wet, etc). Of course, I didn't have control over this and again tried not to worry about it.

In 2009 I up and died again (this time the old heart gave out). Again I experienced the same type of "afterlife" experience I had before. I gave it a bit more attention in an attempt to learn more. I did learn about how a number of things work etc. but still really didn't worry about doing anything about it.

Again in 2010 and in 2011 my heart again gave out (lucky me), with the same type of experiences.

So... I do believe you when you say your son is messing with your electronics (note, it could also be another spirit messing with your electronics on your sons behalf). I also believe your son cares about you from the afterlife (emotion is one thing that continues on in the afterlife). Finally, I believe your son is well as there is no pain (due to not having a physical body) in the afterlife.

My advice to you would be to not give up on your search for the truth and use positive thought to aid in your husbands recovery (of course, use doctors too). Also, have your husband think positively as this will also help his condition.

Freedomelf

The Calyr believe that there are eleven mortal realms in which people may dwell before they reach their ultimate, immortal destination. It is possible that your son has passed into one of them, but that you may still hear his thoughts and he yours. This has been mentioned in several books in the Faerland series, particularly in Doonal's Kin, where a grandmother, Monaray, is in one realm but she still connects with her husband in another.

I am also older, and spent a lot of time seeking before I finally found my own path. Each one of us has a unique path to follow, and no one should "convert" another to a particular religion, because it may not be the right religion for that person. By studying several traditional and non-traditional religions, you may hit on your own, unique path. I wish you peace and bright blessings, and may you find that your son is happy and content in whatever realm he now resides. I am a mother of four, and that is probably the only thing that would ease the pain of such a terrible loss...knowing that my son was happy and that I would one day see him again.