• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Olaf Scholz: the NATO will not be part of the Ukrainian War

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
That's what he said, here in this video:
The NATO is not and will not be part in this war. And that will stay like that. We don't want the war between Russian and Ukraine to turn into a war between Russia and NATO. We agree on that with all of our allies. Which means: no participation of Germany in this war.
This is what our soldiers can count on. To be clear: as Germany's Federal Chancellor I will not send any soldiers: our soldiers can count on that.

That's the stance of us Europeans. Because Germany and Italy are totally united about this topic and many others more.

So I will just say to the elitist cabal of warmongers overseas: Abandon all hope, dear warmongers.
No war in Europe. ;)

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
A war between NATO and Russia would be a war between multiple nuclear powers and the world's largest nuclear power. It seems perfectly reasonable to me that NATO would not want to step into that utter nightmare and would instead keep supporting Ukraine financially and militarily without sending troops against Russia.

A nuclear war would not help Ukraine; it would merely ensure that Ukraine and numerous other countries would suffer unprecedentedly catastrophic consequences from nuclear destruction and its aftermath that would almost certainly last for generations.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
That's what he said, here in this video:
The NATO is not and will not be part in this war. And that will stay like that. We don't want the war between Russian and Ukraine to turn into a war between Russia and NATO. We agree on that with all of our allies. Which means: no participation of Germany in this war.
This is what our soldiers can count on. To be clear: as Germany's Federal Chancellor I will not send any soldiers: our soldiers can count on that.

That's the stance of us Europeans. Because Germany and Italy are totally united about this topic and many others more.

So I will just say to the elitist cabal of warmongers overseas: Abandon all hope, dear warmongers.
No war in Europe. ;)

Not at the moment anyway. That question was already decided from the outset. The U.S. also has no intentions of going to war with Russia or sending troops to Ukraine. NATO's entire position rests solely on the belief that Putin is secretly planning to conquer more countries in Europe. So, if Putin attacks any NATO countries, then there would certainly be war with all of NATO.

If Putin limits his aggression to just Ukraine, then the fears of Western leadership may not ever be realized.

Regiomontanus

Ματαιοδοξία ματαιοδοξιών! Όλα είναι ματαιοδοξία.
Alternatively, goodbye Poland, Norway, Lithuania, Latvia and Estonia

I hear this a lot here from Biden and others. "We need to send more money to Ukraine because if we don't stop Putin there he will keep going and invade other (NATO) countries." Total BS IMHO. The last thing Putin wants is to fight NATO because, short of the use of tactical nukes, he would be crushed.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Not at the moment anyway.
You don't understand. Ever.
Not "not at the moment". :)
Germans and Italians are over with the notion of war.

That question was already decided from the outset. The U.S. also has no intentions of going to war with Russia or sending troops to Ukraine.
The American people doesn't. But the US elitist cabal of warmonger does.
NATO's entire position rests solely on the belief that Putin is secretly planning to conquer more countries in Europe.
Putin is not interested in Europe. In any European country.
So, if Putin attacks any NATO countries, then there would certainly be war with all of NATO.
But he will not do that.
If Putin limits his aggression to just Ukraine, then the fears of Western leadership may not ever be realized.
He just annexed four regions where people speak Russian. And also Crimea.
He is not interested in countries where people speak Romanian or Polish.

Altfish

Veteran Member
I hear this a lot here from Biden and others. "We need to send more money to Ukraine because if we don't stop Putin there he will keep going and invade other (NATO) countries." Total BS IMHO. The last thing Putin wants is to fight NATO because, short of the use of tactical nukes, he would be crushed.
If the west had taken Putin's take over of Crimea seriously, Ukraine wouldn't have happened.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Then let these places fight on their own? There are enough of them.
Should USA have let England fight
with the Nazis unassisted?
There are likely terrible consequences
from letting violent predators do as
they please.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
NS Germany was actually attacking us.

Russia is not.
It is threat of attack vs ongoing attack a useful distinction?
You posted...
"Then let these places fight on their own? There are enough of them."
If those countries should fight on their own,
why should USA have assisted England, if
it shouldn't assist European countries?

Note that England invaded & attacked USA
a couple times. Those countries never did.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
It is threat of attack vs ongoing attack a useful distinction?
You posted...
"Then let these places fight on their own? There are enough of them."
If those countries should fight on their own,
why should USA have assisted England, if
it shouldn't assist European countries?

Note that England invaded & attacked USA
a couple times. Those countries never did.
The US dragged its ****, that's for sure.

The idea that we wouldn't have won without them is not really true, as that medal goes to the USSR.

The problem is when everyone piles on to defend everyone else, that's when you end with a world war.

I don't support a world war.

I also don't support NATO or US and UK interventionism.

Regiomontanus

Ματαιοδοξία ματαιοδοξιών! Όλα είναι ματαιοδοξία.
If the west had taken Putin's take over of Crimea seriously, Ukraine wouldn't have happened.

I don't think Russia taking Crimea back is any of our business.

Last edited: