• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

OH GOD! [frubals for intelligent responses]

A-ManESL

Friend A-ManESL,

Happiness resonates across the universe when a child smiles, someone laughs or someone understands etc. Likewise in your understanding too there is reverberation across the universe.
Next for the sake of existence for the sake of humanity if your consciousness merges with the universal consciousness [whatever the label used by you] then it is time for the scriptures you read to be relived and brought out alive in its true context. Then only those words will reverberate across the existence.
In that regards do start a thread under islam too to debate / discuss your understanding and misunderstandings for truth to emerge and not more chaos and noises.
Best wishes on your journey.
Love & rgds

Likewise. Best wishes to you too.

theosopher

Friends,

Accepting that God is ONE for humans is it possible for such a God to say such words: quoted from a post which again is quoted from a holy books of humans which ill be known by those who have read the book.

What is the religion God is talking about here?
what does God mean by religion in this context?
Does this mean that God has *A* religion that he too follows?
[God the *SEEKER*?]
Whom & what are we disbelieving, here?

"Say: O you who disbelieve
To you be your religion and to me my religion
"

This quote is confused in translation.

Is this how it is supposed to read:

Say: O you who disbelieve
Your religion be to you and to me my religion
?

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friend theosopher,

Thank you.
The point has already been discussed with friend A-ManESL.
Kindly go through the thread in sequence.
Love & rgds

yousaf

Friends,

Accepting that God is ONE for humans is it possible for such a God to say such words: quoted from a post which again is quoted from a holy books of humans which ill be known by those who have read the book.

What is the religion God is talking about here?
what does God mean by religion in this context?
Does this mean that God has *A* religion that he too follows?
[God the *SEEKER*?]
Whom & what are we disbelieving, here?

BEGIN........

Love & rgds

god is talking about islam. the religion he wants you to follow , the religion he has completed

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friend Yosaf,

god is talking about islam. the religion he wants you to follow , the religion he has completed

Firstly let us try and understand what the words *god*,*you*, *religion* means then we shall discuss what you want!

Love & rgds

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan
God is the relationship of the individual to the Universe. Religion is the mythological understanding of this relationship.

Thus, what we hold to be meaningful is meaningful in the universe.

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friend GC,

God is the relationship of the individual to the Universe. Religion is the mythological understanding of this relationship.

Thus, what we hold to be meaningful is meaningful in the universe.
Personal understanding is that There is ENERGY which is UNIVERSAL which is labelled by humans as *god*, allah*, *Brahma* etc. From this universal energy appears forms and no-forms which can be said to be individual energies but only in appearance and so it is an illusion or *maya*, as actually they are parts and joined with that universal energy.
The barrier between these two energies is our own *MIND* [thoughts]; once the mind *thoughts* are *STILLED* the merger happens on its own accord.

Love & rgds

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan
Friend GC,

Personal understanding is that There is ENERGY which is UNIVERSAL which is labelled by humans as *god*, allah*, *Brahma* etc. From this universal energy appears forms and no-forms which can be said to be individual energies but only in appearance and so it is an illusion or *maya*, as actually they are parts and joined with that universal energy.
The barrier between these two energies is our own *MIND* [thoughts]; once the mind *thoughts* are *STILLED* the merger happens on its own accord.

Love & rgds

I agree with this. :) The language is a little different than how I described it, but I think the essence is the same.

theosopher

Friend theosopher,

Thank you.
The point has already been discussed with friend A-ManESL.
Kindly go through the thread in sequence.
Love & rgds

"Say: O you who disbelieve
To you is your religion and to me my religion
"

If you change the word 'be' to 'is' it is much more sensible in modern english, but the phrase seems to be taken out of context so it is completely unclear as to what it might mean.

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friend Theosopher,

Once again, thank you for your clarification.
However what is important is to feel what Mohammed was trying to convey.
Remember Lao Tsu was very honest to admit that TRUTH when spoken is falsified which Mohammed did not clarify but one the other hand said it is the words of god. We can see how two different cultures grew around two messages only due to our own understandings of the *essence* of spoken words.

Love & rgds

Words are slippery. True meaning of even the most eloquent speaker cannot be conveyed through words. Words are a means of translation, and through all translation, bits of what was to be conveyed are lost. Ideas cannot adequately be conveyed through words. Mohammed and Lao Tzu both conveyed messages with words, as did many other enlightened and unenlightened individuals, but the formless cannot take form no matter how many words we strive to use.
I like the quote, and to me, with my interpretations of the words provided: We all have our own ways, even God.

This is a statement that Muslims are supposed to use when they get into inconclusive discussions with non-Muslims. In essence, Muslims are told not to waste too much time on unreceptive disbelievers.
In this statement "To you be your religion" is mean specifically towards followers of the only religions recognized by Islam, namely Judaism and Christianity. "And to me my religion" refers to Islam specifically.

It is addressed to followers of the religions existing at the time of Muhammad. An important note is that pagans were not considered a religion as they were outside the Abrahamic umbrella.
Not really. Ostensibly Islam is the only "true" path to God and it is the religion of man which represents the "straight path" to Allah. It is important to note that no other religion is accepted by Allah, according to Islamic thought.

It is more about acceptance of the role of Muhammad than anything else. Christians and Jews refused to accept his "divine office" and were less than polite about it on many occasions. It is because of their temerity that the disbeliever is accorded considerable disdain in Islam. Just keep in mind, it is the rejection of Muhammad as THE Messenger of God, and not necessarily the rejection of God/Allah that got "disbelievers" in to hot water with the "Prophet" and his minions.

EXCELLENT POST!! thank you.