• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Offer it up

Spiderman

Veteran Member
It's spring cleaning where I'm at. I've been cleaning the sink and toilet, mopping, sweeping, dusting, and laundry. All of this can be an offering to your Deity. Whatever you do, especially if it is unpleasant, can be a meritorious offering to your god or the spirits you are devoted to. Offer them every work, joy, sacrifice, annoyance, irritation, and every tear, groan, and sigh. Offer it up! I find it to sometimes transform sorrow, agony, and bitterness into peace and joy.

Saint Therese of Lisieux became a Saint doing small labors and little things with great love.
618ce9b76f18083b8e8357b64884fa06.jpg

How about this idea instead? Offer any merit you receive for doing things to all people--or even to all sentient beings. So in effect, you are not spiritually rewarded for doing these things, but all sentient beings are spiritually rewarded. That's what we do in Mahayana Buddhism.

Last edited:

Fire_Monkey

It's spring cleaning where I'm at. I've been cleaning the sink and toilet, mopping, sweeping, dusting, and laundry. All of this can be an offering to your Deity. Whatever you do, especially if it is unpleasant, can be a meritorious offering to your god or the spirits you are devoted to. Offer them every work, joy, sacrifice, annoyance, irritation, and every tear, groan, and sigh. Offer it up! I find it to sometimes transform sorrow, agony, and bitterness into peace and joy.

Saint Therese of Lisieux became a Saint doing small labors and little things with great love.
618ce9b76f18083b8e8357b64884fa06.jpg

And so, does that mean that since my God is Bacchus, I can just kick back with a bottle of vino and watch you and the other suckers work, while I laugh and get buzzed?

Sweet!

Thanks. Do you do motorcycles? Mine needs washed. Let me know.

Cheers.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
And so, does that mean that since my God is Bacchus, I can just kick back with a bottle of vino and watch you and the other suckers work, while I laugh and get buzzed?

Sweet!

Cheers.
Clean your motorcycle for Dionysus :)

The Emperor of Mankind

Currently the galaxy's spookiest paraplegic

Sweet!

Cheers.

Well you could do that. Or you could clean your house up and throw a party as a reward to yourself and a sacrifice to Bacchus. Nothing says 'devotion to a the god of drunkenness, freedom & raucous music' like throwing a *****in' shindig for other people to get tanked at. :D