• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Odd Human Migrations

Ellen Brown

This is about Anthropology, not Religion ... oh maybe a bit?

In videos and articles that I have read, it seems that the first Human on Earth was Lucy, from Ethiopia. Yet, when I watch YouTube Videos about how Human population expanded on Earth, it seems that populations grew in Western China and Northern India first.

It seems that North America and South America, and most of Europe were uninhabited?

What about Humanity starting out in Iraq? Most of the sources I have seen place the oldest ruins on Cyprus and in Turkey.

I harbor the suspicion that we just haven't found the really old places. Some Archaeologists think that Homo Sapiens were here as far back as 200,000 years ago.

A certain belief system says that Earth is a prison planet. Well, Australia started out as a prison colony, and for a while only outcasts came to America.

:fullmoonface:

whirlingmerc

In videos and articles that I have read, it seems that the first Human on Earth was Lucy, from Ethiopia. Yet, when I watch YouTube Videos about how Human population expanded on Earth, it seems that populations grew in Western China and Northern India first.

It seems that North America and South America, and most of Europe were uninhabited?

What about Humanity starting out in Iraq? Most of the sources I have seen place the oldest ruins on Cyprus and in Turkey.

I harbor the suspicion that we just haven't found the really old places. Some Archaeologists think that Homo Sapiens were here as far back as 200,000 years ago.

A certain belief system says that Earth is a prison planet. Well, Australia started out as a prison colony, and for a while only outcasts came to America.

Noah landing on Mt Ararat and so animals and people could spread out from a central place for 3 continents

Additionally, there was probably a short ice age after the flood which enabled a bridge form asia to americas and asia to australia various ways.. an odd but providential migration of men and animals

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member

In videos and articles that I have read, it seems that the first Human on Earth was Lucy, from Ethiopia.

I just want to know how they figured out what her name was.

Yet, when I watch YouTube Videos about how Human population expanded on Earth, it seems that populations grew in Western China and Northern India first.

I think you're confusing the emergence of the species with the development of civilization. Civilization is a pretty recent phenomenon, even within the time frame our own history.

It would explain a lot.

Sapiens

Polymathematician
Noah landing on Mt Ararat and so animals and people could spread out from a central place for 3 continents

Additionally, there was probably a short ice age after the flood which enabled a bridge form asia to americas and asia to australia various ways.. an odd but providential migration of men and animals
Those claims are, in and of themselves, demonstrably untrue. The zoo-geograph, geology and paleontology gives the lie to your claims (e.g., why are kangaroos only found in Australia and why is there no fossil record of their exodus from Ararat to the outback?).

BSM1

What? Me worry?
I just want to know how they figured out what her name was.

I think you're confusing the emergence of the species with the development of civilization. Civilization is a pretty recent phenomenon, even within the time frame our own history.

It would explain a lot.

Evidently she had been to a prehistoric meet and greet and still had her name badge on. I'm guessing she got plastered and ended up out in the boonies.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member

But of a misunderstanding re Lucy who was a female hominin of the Australopithecus afarensis species. A human ancestor, not a human.

I can recommend Alice Roberts, Incredible human journey. A 5 part documentary on the origins of humanity and their migrations.

Perhaps you know, chinese anthropology had that the Chinese people evolved from a different ancestor to the rest of humanity. This doc was instrumental in correcting that view.

Here is part 1