• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

ObamaCare Wins Again

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Unfortunately you did not answer the question. All you did was put a spin on it. I did not ask on whether the law is good or bad, I asked if the SCOTUS ruled on the legality of the portion of the law that was before them or did they rewrite that section. I understand why you will not answer the question. Your answer is typical of both sides of the political spectrum who refused to give a straight answer. All you did was to express your opinion on the effects of the law on the people of the US vice answering a very simple question.
Roberts ruled on the legality of the entire law refusing to take accidental wording due to a copy and paste error totally out of context and rule in a way that said Congress was insane to write a law that negated itself.

If the Republican party was better than the party of 'no', this would have been fixed by Congress as many such laws are when the mistake was noticed. Instead we have a party who says "no", "no" and again "no" and refuses to fix problems.

It used to be when the country was sane that the Supreme Court considered the intent of the law and did not read it in a fundamentalist way. Even the Bible says that the letter "killeth" but the spirit brings life.

esmith

Veteran Member
The 14th Amendment is pretty clear. Every American is equal to every American. If you have a system that punishes a child because his/her parents can't afford health care, you broke the law. The law was the deciding factor. Anything outside of that is 'spin'. When I said "The law was on the books" that was about as clear as I could be. They voted according to the law. Any other clarification I can give?

Why do you think helping your fellow citizens is evil?
When did you stop beating your (insert applicable person here)

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
Healing is a Natural ability of the Human body...NO FAITH NEEDED. Maybe help sometimes but healing is a Natural Occurrence in the Cosmos. Cut a limb off a tree it will heal itself. Get a paper cut your body will heal it.

So why does healthcare cost so much in the US?

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
So why does healthcare cost so much in the US?
It's because the system is utterly messed up with no particular incentive to fix it. If you look at rational systems from other nations including Switzerland which has universal basic health care for all with expanded coverage for those who wish more coverage, you'll see a pattern. This pattern includes not paying for procedures but for overall health which removes the incentive to pad bills. You'll see that negotiating medicine costs is not forbidden to the government because the Congress is in big pharma's pocket.

The Smoking Gun: How U.S. Health Care Came to Cost Insanely More is a good overview of why our health care system went out of control over the past decades.