• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Obama stops off for $6 dinner at streetside restaurant in Vietnam

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...treetside-restaurant-vietnam-anthony-bourdain

She has ladled out countless bowls of her pork noodle soup, but the owner of a Hanoi streetside restaurant says she was stunned when Barack Obama strolled in, pulled up a plastic stool and slurped down Vietnam’s famed “bun cha” delicacy.

The US president slipped away from his hectic Vietnam visit on Monday night to sample the dish with Anthony Bourdain, a chef and food critic who fronts a travel show about hidden culinary gems around the world.

While the likes of Orthodox-autocrat Putin of Russia, dictator Xi of the red-fascist state of China dine on $1,000 a plate meals, cavorting around with corrupt, racist, anti-semitic Arab oil sheiks and his tin-pot third world dictators, flying around in a personal jets, and wearing clothes made by sweatshop labour, demanding special treatment from the nations he is trying to swindle, Obama, the democratically-elected leader of the free world humbly stops by a roadside stall in solidarity with the average man.

Obama is a humble, intelligent, kind-hearted, honest, and wise man whose leadership has changed the world for the best. His unlimited wisdom illuminates the whole universe and his very presence can make people smile with feelings of genuine gratitude and heart-felt warmth.

This is the face of a real leader, a man of the people, and a nobel peace prize winner who is the face of human rights and humanity world wide.

Thank you Obama!

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
That is actually a little weird. I'm not so sure I would eat at a roadside vendor's stall. POTUS doing so is ... very strange due to health and sanitary considerations. I'm a bit surprised his handlers would allow it.

Acim

Revelation all the time
Obama is a humble, intelligent, kind-hearted, honest, and wise man whose leadership has changed the world for the best. His unlimited wisdom illuminates the whole universe and his very presence can make people smile with feelings of genuine gratitude and heart-felt warmth.

(If I don't have anything nice to say, perhaps I should say nothing at all.)

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Though it's a nice gesture, American presidents also typically associate with Saudi princes, wear sweat shop clothes, and they all fly in the presidents own private jet.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...treetside-restaurant-vietnam-anthony-bourdain

While the likes of Orthodox-autocrat Putin of Russia, dictator Xi of the red-fascist state of China dine on $1,000 a plate meals, cavorting around with corrupt, racist, anti-semitic Arab oil sheiks and his tin-pot third world dictators, flying around in a personal jets, and wearing clothes made by sweatshop labour, demanding special treatment from the nations he is trying to swindle, Obama, the democratically-elected leader of the free world humbly stops by a roadside stall in solidarity with the average man.

This is the face of a real leader, a man of the people, and a nobel peace prize winner who is the face of human rights and humanity world wide.

Thank you Obama!
That is one thing I do like about Obama. He reminds me a bit like Canada's past prime minister , Jean Chrétien.

Yeah, these things are all planned in advance.

I don't disagree. Still, its notably tough in light that people will always question weither this is genuine, or just a staged media stunt for the coverage in light he is a sitting president.

All the same, its still a good thing as I see it. It's just nice to see stuff like this in a world that could use a bit more positive events and happenings.

Nietzsche

The Last Prussian
Premium Member
Though it's a nice gesture, American presidents also typically associate with Saudi princes, wear sweat shop clothes, and they all fly in the presidents own private jet.
That really isn't a fair criticism, and you ****ing know it. Do better, surely you're capable.

Nietzsche

The Last Prussian
Premium Member
So, maybe I didn't have the wording 100% accurate, but the president does get their own jet, dubbed "Air Force One" to fly around in.
Are you playing ignorant? You should know damn good and well why the President of the United States has a private plane. It isn't for his comfort. It's to conduct the running of the state, foreign diplomacy, so on and so forth at all times. Airforce One is literally a command center. The Oval Office on wings.

That is actually a little weird. I'm not so sure I would eat at a roadside vendor's stall. POTUS doing so is ... very strange due to health and sanitary considerations. I'm a bit surprised his handlers would allow it.

It wasn't a roadside vendor, it was a local resto (a roadside vendor wouldn't have a building). Also, noodle soup is usually served at a similar temperature to that of the sun's core which makes it pretty safe in the scheme of things. Popular places with a high turnover are usually fine, and you get some great food at them. Can often be more risky to eat 'Western' food as people are less skilled at cooking it (although not in the luxury hotels Obama stays in).

Lots of good local food in Asia though :ramen: