• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Obama is not getting re-elected

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Perhaps Barrack will start World War Three. That would get everyone working again........Wait, we did that once before......It did work.......:sorry1:

Wait. So you suggest we instigate another unjustified war and slaughter hundreds of thousands, while our own die in vain, just for the sake of our own pocket books? And your god fearing, Christ loving *** can't see what's immoral and unethical about that? Maybe your kids should enlist so they can eat some IED shrapnel. Hey, small price to pay for Uncle Sam and his Big Business handlers, right?

Last edited:

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
:jester3:

Because I do not have the power to put an end to anything Mestemia. Your Messiah has spent more money in 51 days than my guy did in eight years.
Here you go with all the assumptions.
First off, I have no messiah, real or imaginary.
Second off, seems that that degree in numbers has not helped you one bit.
Or do you think I am stupid enough to merely take you for your word with your track records of not getting things right....?

You have no power to end anything yet you whine about Obama's rubber stamp whilst not saying a word about Bush's rubber stamp.
It is clear that you only see things the way you want to see them.

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
Are you saying that spending money we don't have on a war is any different than what Barrack is doing?
Sounded to me like he flat out called you out on your lie.
You know, the one that went something like:
"Your Messiah has spent more money in 51 days than my guy did in eight years. "
Nice try in diverting the discussion away from your blatant lie.

kai

ragamuffin
I think you're wasting you breath. I remember a bunch of my UK colleagues were moaning about their taxes on payday, saying "You know we pay the highest taxes in all of Europe???" all indignant-like. "Where does it all go?" they wondered.

I said "War is expensive".

Then they all got quiet and awkward for a while, until eventually somebody said "It's all going into the MPs big fat salaries, that's where." and the conversation continued as if I'd never said a thing. Bizarre. But I suppose if you want to be a militant, pro-imperialist "fiscal conservative", bizarre is pretty much what you need.

yeah but arnt our taxes pretty low compard to say the seventies or eighties ,its all relevent isnt it? and "war is expensive" is about as flippant as "MPs big fat taxes" I know i paid a lot more tax 10 to 20 years ago. I am getting older but i am sure i can remember basic rates at about 30% and thats with no war.

The Voice of Reason

Doctor of Thinkology
Are you saying that spending money we don't have on a war is any different than what Barrack is doing?

You can't be serious? You equate the monies being spent in an effort to bring us back from the precipice of a depression with the monies that Lord Bush used to illegally invade a sovereign nation on trumped up BS?

In a direct answer to your question - yes. There is a huge difference in spending that money. If you honestly can't see that, Rick ...

Alceste

Vagabond
yeah but arnt our taxes pretty low compard to say the seventies or eighties ,its all relevent isnt it? and "war is expensive" is about as flippant as "MPs big fat taxes" I know i paid a lot more tax 10 to 20 years ago. I am getting older but i am sure i can remember basic rates at about 30% and thats with no war.

Sure, it was pretty flip, but a more accurate representation of where the bulk of our tax money is going than "MPs fat paychecks".

It's not only the war, though. That's a big slice of the pie, but the implementation of a surveillance state (the ID cards, the CCTV, the database of every communication and holiday of every UK resident, the permanent DNA database of every UK resident, etc) is also expensive.

I don't know how the taxes here used to be, but I know that even working full time I can't afford to pay mine unless we want to eat nothing but rice next month.