• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Nutshell and Special Revelation: I have doubts about Mormonism

Status
Not open for further replies.

nutshell

Per the wise Special Revelation's request and in my desire for Truth, I've created this thread. I have continually expressed doubts about Mormonism and suddenly feel myself drawn to my evangelical brothers. This isn't the first time. In high school, I had the same feelings and felt drawn to it. In fact, I was planning to attend a conference with Billy Graham, but was prevented by my mother. I don't know what I've been missing.

Lets discuss.

Your brother,
Nutshell

*Paul*

Jesus loves you
What doubts do you have that are so serious that you would consider leaving morminism?

Special Revelation

What doubts do you have that are so serious that you would consider leaving morminism?

I believe Nutshell wanted a one on one discussion. This is divine providence *Paul* since you will be visiting the Mormon missionaries soon. Thanks for discussing these things with Nutshell on a one on one basis. Nutshell we be very happy that he has you to help him in his transition from Mormonism to the True Faith. Thanks again for being a great brother in Christ. I was gracefully bow out of this discussion, since Nutshell is in great hand with *Paul*. Good luck Paul..oops I don't believe in luck. Please encourage Nutshell to start an open debate in his desire to leave Mormonism.

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
I believe Nutshell wanted a one on one discussion.
*** MOD POST ***

If nutshell wanted a one-on-one discussion, he should have started this thread on the appropriate forum. If he wants me to move it, I will be happy to, but I'm not going to do so unless he requests it. Meanwhile, the thread is open to all.

Darkness

Psychoanalyst/Marxist
I am sorry to hear that Nutshell is drifting towards the beliefs of Special Revelation and *Paul*. Mormons are usually so much more tolerant and compassionate than Fundamentalist Christians. But what do I know? I am just an unbeliever. :shrug:

JayHawes

Per the wise Special Revelation's request and in my desire for Truth, I've created this thread. I have continually expressed doubts about Mormonism and suddenly feel myself drawn to my evangelical brothers. This isn't the first time. In high school, I had the same feelings and felt drawn to it. In fact, I was planning to attend a conference with Billy Graham, but was prevented by my mother. I don't know what I've been missing.

Lets discuss.

Your brother,
Nutshell

My Spirit jumps in joy, May God continue to work with you. The Spirit always bares witness with a person. Just have faith and beleive becuase i'm sure you will have trouble with your family, but whatever happens, no matter what they may say or do, follow the Spirit of God, for he is truth.

Kungfuzed

Student Nurse
Having been through some major changes in the past myself I know how scary it can be to question everything I beleive and take a leap into something new. I'm sure I speak for most of us here when I say that we are here for you.

It's kind of strange that you are headed in that direction. Have you actually been to an Evangelical church? I think it would be good for you to visit a few different churches. Whatever you decide, be true to yourself.

Darkness

Psychoanalyst/Marxist
I'm sure I speak for most of us here when I say that we are here for you.

Yeah, that too. :D

While you in the doubting phase why not go all the way and consider Atheism. ;)

Special Revelation

Hey baby brother Nutshell,

I'm glad you opened your discussion with the entire forum. I think this will be a good time to share with your Mormon friends on this site. I think they still will love you. What made you doubt Mormonism? Could it be the holy underwear thread? Will you have to buy a whole new set of underwear, or can you still wear them as an Evangelical? As I know, there are no baptist church rules that prohibit you from wearing your LDS undergarments. However, I think you will need to be re-baptized. I know of people who left the LDS Faith who lost everything. I knew of a guy who left the LDS Faith and lost his friends, job, and I think his family disowned him too. There is a very good Bible verse about being rewarded for your faithfulness when you are persecuted. I hope your conversion is a real one. Here are good Biblical Theology books to help you to renew your mind with Biblical Christianity. Please don't let predestination and John Calvin scare you away from Evangelical Christianity.

I recommend the following books:

1. English Standard Bible
2. New American Standard Bible
3. New International Bible
4. Knowing God by J.I. packer
5. Future Grace by John Piper
6. The Institutes of Christian Religion by John Calvin
7. A Body of Divinity by Thomas Watson
8. The Reformed Doctrine of Predestination by Loraine Boetner.

Your big brother,
Special Revelation

P.S. - I met Bible Truth on another debate site. He encouraged me to labor on Religousforums.com. I will tell him that his labor was not in vain. He told me about debating the Mormons on this site. I think Bible Truth will be very happy to hear about your convesion to Biblical Christianity.

JayHawes

My advice is stick true to your Christian roots, do some studying, do some prayer, do some fastes, talk to some preachers, read their church creeds and attend the services with an open heart, not adhering just because of old tradition, but learn new tradition, Love God with all your heart. God Bless you.

Special Revelation

You know...spiritual warfare is real. Spiritual discernment is not that difficult. When a unbeliever tells you not to read something...guess what?' you should read it! God's truth is a big offense and foolishness to those who do not believe. In addition to John Calvin, you might want to read Saint Augustine, Martin Luther, and Jonathan Edwards too. Since I am now your big brother, I will try to protect you from error through the light of Scripture alone!. I know your big brother *Paul* can decide what will be good for you too.

CaptainXeroid

Following Christ
*** MOD POST ***

While this thread is closed for moderator review, I remind everyone to review the Forum Rules with special attention to #19.) Proselytizing will not be tolerated. This forum is for sharing, discussing and understanding other religions and ideas, not converting others to your individual religion or beliefs.

Status
Not open for further replies.